When slapped, Obama should slap back

Me? Not at all.

But BO is the President. He should stand up and defend our country. Remind people that we are the greatest country in the world.

Not apologize, or sit silent, or bow down to others.

What would you do if someone verbally attacked a loved one of yours?

Sit there and take it? Or would you say something to defend them?

You mean you want a yes man in charge.

Why would I want reminding that you are the best country in the world when I don't believe you are?

It would depend on what was being said re defending them. If Charlie Manson was related to me and somebody called him a murdering sonofabitch I'd buy them a beer...

Will you translate this for me? How is BO walking out making him a yes man?

And that second sentence..you completely lost me.

Let's see...I'll be like some people here...so you are comparing the United States to Charles Manson?

Our New Zealander is reflecting on Obama's take. Saying he agrees that US is not the best, far from it. It appears he's equating US and Charles Manson, but the analogy I'm not following.

Let's see...I'll be like some people here...so you are comparing the United States to Charles Manson?

You would have us believe that by BO not standing up for the US (even though I disagree with you that is how it played out), that he should vigorously defend the US under any circumstances even if he doesn't believe it is warranted. That's what I meant by the yes man reference.

Second sentence - I am not American. I do not believe you live in the greatest country in the world.

Lastly, no, what I am saying is you shouldn't go around defending things blindly. I don't even think BO was being submissive in any way, shape or form. He was being diplomatic...

You mean you want a yes man in charge.

Why would I want reminding that you are the best country in the world when I don't believe you are?

It would depend on what was being said re defending them. If Charlie Manson was related to me and somebody called him a murdering sonofabitch I'd buy them a beer...

Our New Zealander is reflecting on Obama's take. Saying he agrees that US is not the best, far from it. It appears he's equating US and Charles Manson, but the analogy I'm not following.

That was my take too...just a bit difficult to follow.

I don't expect him to think the U.S. is the best. A bit strange though, I spent time in New Zealand and didn't sense any anti-U.S. feeling. Of course, it was back in the 90's, but still.

Naturally he is wrong. The U.S. is the greatest country in the world. New Zealand can be number two. Yukon would disagree - I'll let them fight that out.

I don't expect him to think the U.S. is the best. A bit strange though, I spent time in New Zealand and didn't sense any anti-U.S. feeling. Of course, it was back in the 90's, but still.

Naturally he is wrong. The U.S. is the greatest country in the world. New Zealand can be number two. Yukon would disagree - I'll let them fight that out.

NZ tends to go the way of the guy in power. 1992-2000 everybody in NZ loved the States. 2001-2008 - not that popular. Currently - very popular. Interestingly whenever you tend to have a Democrat in power up there, we vote in a conservative and vice versa. We had an election last year and our liberal PM got voted out for a conservative.

Depends on how you define great. Militarily, the US gets the nod. After that, who knows...:eusa_angel:

You would have us believe that by BO not standing up for the US (even though I disagree with you that is how it played out), that he should vigorously defend the US under any circumstances even if he doesn't believe it is warranted. That's what I meant by the yes man reference.

Second sentence - I am not American. I do not believe you live in the greatest country in the world.

Lastly, no, what I am saying is you shouldn't go around defending things blindly. I don't even think BO was being submissive in any way, shape or form. He was being diplomatic...

That is my point. He doesn't believe that vigorously defending the United States is warranted. That is the problem. He is our President. He should be the FIRST one to stand up and defend us.

He is the Commander-in-Chief. How can he expect the men and women of the armed forced to give their lives to this country if he won't even walk out of the room when someone is trashing it?

I guess that is what you get when you elect a president who has never served.

Of course you don't think the U.S. is the greatest country. I wouldn't expect you to. I hope you think NZ is.

Shouldn't defend things blindly?

The hell you shouldn't. There are two things I defend blindly.

My family and my country.

NZ tends to go the way of the guy in power. 1992-2000 everybody in NZ loved the States. 2001-2008 - not that popular. Currently - very popular. Interestingly whenever you tend to have a Democrat in power up there, we vote in a conservative and vice versa. We had an election last year and our liberal PM got voted out for a conservative.

Depends on how you define great. Militarily, the US gets the nod. After that, who knows...:eusa_angel:

We can't touch the All Blacks. You get the nod there.

Some of you are missing the point - these 3rd world leaders are mocking the United States via Obama.

Our president has more in common with Ortega's views of American than he does with many of the people who voted him as their president. The fact he sat there and allowed his own nation to be humiliated by this marxist dictator who coddles with the likes of Iran and sits under a cloud of sexual abuse against his step-daughter starting when she was 11 years old says much regarding Obama's seeming lack of pride in being an American.

It was far from his finest moment - we hope it will not prove to be the lesser of far worse moments to come...

OMG, while not linking back to me, you agree. I can die happy! Never you mind, not one second earlier than planned.

Does Obama even understand what went down?
So, he should send the Secret Service out to bust Cheney's chops ?
and to hunt down and beat the crap out of EVERY vocal critic ?

Ortega was not criticizing, not "slapping" Obama. He was criticizing the past American policies and actions that have irritated and abused Central and South America.

Obama is not a beliigerent impatient rowdy brawling drunken slob, ready to take offense at every silly slight. He's a mature grown up who can see and maneuver past the petty turds floating in the water, ignoring them as turds.
He will not let them, or any turd tossers, determine the futre of the nation.

It's nice to have grown ups running the government.
Wrong, they WERE criticizing the US, but Obama is ok with that, he agrees the country has sucked, until now. However, he was grateful that they weren't criticizing HIM for something that happened when he was 3 months old, (that has a 'ring' to it, sure we'll hear it again). It's all about Obama!

Wow, you're starting to sound like PubicInfinitum. You put up a post indicating Obama is a Stalinist, and now your outright stating that Obama hates america, "until now" whatever that means.

You and Pubic appear to have a lot in common. And i think he might be single! :eusa_whistle:

It's hard to argue with the results thus far from President Obama's "no drama" approach to campaigning and governing, but I think he should learn to chew a little scenery when the occasion demands. Theatricality is one of the weapons in any leader's arsenal, and a well-timed glower or growl can have more impact than a sheaf of position papers.

Granted, the history of U.S. involvement in Latin America is pretty sordid. And granted, Obama made clear that he intends no abdication of American leadership, but rather a new atmosphere of mutual respect.

Chavez, Ortega and a few others, however, made a show of being rude. A flash of presidential anger from Obama would have been in order.

Sure they did! This is what they do to impress the people they "oppress.' Slap around a sitting POTUS to show how powerful they are. It's on video now--playing 24-7 in these countries. The hand off of the book--the rant--& all while the "leader" of the free world is sitting there looking like a dumb DUCK.

What came out of this meeting? NADA--They were kicking him around like he was a rag doll. Mutual respect--he.he.he.--Yep that sure happened.

I had to laugh though: When the 50 minute rank about how bad the United States is--ended. Obama said "you know I was only 3 when the Bay of Pigs happened." That's all he said. Geez--they probably about wet their pants over that one--they're probably still laughing.

Hey Obama--a phone call to these dictators would have been a much better idea. At least you could have hung up the telephone. :clap2:

Last edited:

It's hard to argue with the results thus far from President Obama's "no drama" approach to campaigning and governing, but I think he should learn to chew a little scenery when the occasion demands. Theatricality is one of the weapons in any leader's arsenal, and a well-timed glower or growl can have more impact than a sheaf of position papers.

Granted, the history of U.S. involvement in Latin America is pretty sordid. And granted, Obama made clear that he intends no abdication of American leadership, but rather a new atmosphere of mutual respect.

Chavez, Ortega and a few others, however, made a show of being rude. A flash of presidential anger from Obama would have been in order.

Sure they did! This is what they do to impress the people they "oppress.' Slap around a sitting POTUS to show how powerful they are. It's on video now--playing 24-7 in these countries. The hand off of the book--the rant--& all while the "leader" of the free world is sitting there looking like a dumb DUCK.

What came out of this meeting? NADA--They were kicking him around like he was a rag doll. Mutual respect--he.he.he.--Yep that sure happened.

I had to laugh though: When the 50 minute rank about how bad the United States is--ended. Obama said "you know I was only 3 when the Bay of Pigs happened." That's all he said. Geez--they probably about wet their pants over that one--they're probably still laughing.

Hey Obama--a phone call to these dictators would have been a much better idea. At least you could have hung up the telephone. :clap2:

Bottom line, it's all about the US admitting we've been wrong for at least 100 years. We hope they forgive us. If they don't we'll give them something. What? Remains to be seen.

And here's me thinking being ignorant of how to conduct diplomacy was a Bush thang, when it's starting to look like a conservative bent...ah, well, I'll let the man explain it himself..

"Too often, an opportunity to build a fresh partnership of the Americas has been undermined by stale debates," Mr. Obama continued. "We’ve all heard these arguments."

Y'all need a new debate...

Too bad Obama doesn't feel the way you do.

You would defend a loved on.

He couldn't even defend his country.

Truth is US history in Latin America isn't always something to be proud of. I'm not sure what would have been accomplished by Obama getting into a pissing match with Ortega.

Didn't expect a pissing match.

How about getting up and leaving?

Stomping out like a child throwing a tantrum was the policy for the last 8 years. Which didn't accomplish much that I can see except make more enemies.

But no, he made a crack about being glad he wasn't blamed for things that happened when he was 3 months old.

First..the age was wrong.

Second, and I said it in another thread, BO's statement was extremely narcisistic. Ortega was talking about the United States, not Obama.

BO thinks it's all about him. It isn't.

It is about the United States. But he doesn't get that.

Obama's point was clear to all. Ortega ranting about things 30 years isn't the way forward. Obama deflected that rant and undermined it very effective. Much more effectively that stomping out would have.

He's a POTUS they can't provoke to anger because he knows (and he knows they know) damned well he could crush them like bugs if it suited America's purposes.

We just had had 8 years of "bring 'em on" "mission accomplished" braggadaccio, remember?

That stupid act of Bush II's did nothing but make our nation look like it was being run by a mouthy bully who was so working at a job that was far above his real pay grade.

The clear indication of abdication of American leadership came when he said America is just one nation among many.

He's a POTUS they can't provoke to anger because he knows (and he knows they know) damned well he could crush them like bugs if it suited America's purposes.

We just had had 8 years of "bring 'em on" "mission accomplished" braggadaccio, remember?

That stupid act of Bush II's did nothing but make our nation look like it was being run by a mouthy bully who was so working at a job that was far above his real pay grade.

Having said that, after listening to 52 minutes of excoriation of America and everything it stands for, Obama could have held and impromptu press conference and in a calm, matter of fact way, taken exception to the world view of Daniel Ortega, the Communist leader of Nicaragua.

That he didn't is a rank embarrassment of Obama's leadership ability and America for having given the job of POTUS to such a naive stooge.

The clear indication of abdication of American leadership came when he said America is just one nation among many.

Right on. :clap2:

So, he should send the Secret Service out to bust Cheney's chops ?
and to hunt down and beat the crap out of EVERY vocal critic ?

Ortega was not criticizing, not "slapping" Obama. He was criticizing the past American policies and actions that have irritated and abused Central and South America.

Obama is not a beliigerent impatient rowdy brawling drunken slob, ready to take offense at every silly slight. He's a mature grown up who can see and maneuver past the petty turds floating in the water, ignoring them as turds.
He will not let them, or any turd tossers, determine the futre of the nation.

It's nice to have grown ups running the government.
this coming from a "real" adult with a little picture on the bottom saying to drive real fast and take your chances.....yea your grown up....
So what? Its just a goofy cartoon car.
6 ' 8" and 250 lbs. Lebron James drives at you, gonna slam that ball into the rim, and send your whimpy ass flying
and her has cutesy tatoos, all over his body.
Think talking about those cute little tats are gonna save you from tasting the floorboards ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back