When good orcas go bad

I did volunteer work at the zoo here for a while. There are real careful protocols about how being in the exhibits or near the animals. It looks like she got sloppy bout safety rules.

Killer whales are supposed to be very bright. This one here saw his opportunity for either something tastier than herring, or for revenge for being made to do silly things in exchange for old fish, and took it.

The whale didn't eat her. It drowned her. It wasn't hungry. It was pissed. Up here in the NW where the whales came from these creatures seek out human attention from time to time. There was a recent Killer whale that became a nusance because it would folow right up against the ferry boats and seek out private vessels to interact with. People could reach outside thier boats and touch the whale.

The whales eat salmon and squid mostly but some of them eat mamals such as seals, sea lions, elephant seals and sea otters. Still there are no recorded instances to my knowledge of a Killer whale attacking a human in the wild. I have scuba dove up at Cattle point near San Juan Island(within 50 miles of the winter Olympics). I dive alone. One sunny summer afternoon I was there in the massive kelp beds and a pod of killers was chasing a pack of seals through the Kelp. The killers completely ignored me as they went about having lunch on the seals. This went on for over an hour. I never felt threatened even though it was clear that the whales knew I was there. They would circle the seals and keep them within the kelp beds about a mile by a qtr mile. Then one of them would come crashing through the kelp like a freight train and an unlucky seal would try to make a gettaway and end up facing the rest of the pod. Killer whales are incredibly agile and fast. They should release that whale as well as all of the wales and porpoises in captivity.

This what amazes me about white people. Here we have a Killer whale "Tilicum" that has
killed two people previously. The SeaWorld amusement park management still intends to have people interacting with this dangerous Killer whale.!

How many people does this whale have to kill before they release it back into the wild.

They place this animal in a setting that is not natural to the animal, and this is what happens.

It makes no sense to me.

This what amazes me about white people. Here we have a Killer whale "Tilicum" that has
killed two people previously. The SeaWorld amusement park management still intends to have people interacting with this dangerous Killer whale.!

How many people does this whale have to kill before they release it back into the wild.

They place this animal in a setting that is not natural to the animal, and this is what happens.

It makes no sense to me.

The animal should be euthanized.

Didn't they euthanize Sigfried and Roy's tiger when he tried to eat a gay German meal?

well who else is going to work with the whale other than humans you fucking tool......maybe chimp trainers or robots?

well who else is going to work with the whale other than humans you fucking tool......maybe chimp trainers or robots?

Maybe they need to throw a pig headed sucka like Jay Canuck into the whale tank, and let
that killer whale make a snack or brunch out of him.

I bet they'll wear a red shirt.

startrek.JPG

Sure......when you have some time in between masturbating to Free Willy and posting here you just head on over to where I live and give it a shot.

Well if the humans decide to work with this animal I guess we all know who the dummies in the scenario are.

Well if the humans decide to work with this animal I guess we all know who the dummies in the scenario are.

After the first death the animal should have been released back into the wild.
We now have three people killed by this "Killer Whale".
Is the breeding potential that important that human lives can be expendable?
This is absurd.!!

THEY CAN'T BE SUCCESSFULLY RELEASED INTO THE WILD.

Good grief, educate yourself. The people who choose to work with these animals know the dangers.

It makes no sense to me.

And why not? Oh, I get it ... let's overreact to an isolated incident and kill all the killer whales.:cuckoo:

It makes no sense to me.

Proof please? From everything I've seen/heard they are still contemplating what to do with this killer whale.

Rick

I call for a Congressional investigation into the discrimination of Killer Whales.
Why can't this whale join a pod?

It makes no sense to me.

And why not? Oh, I get it ... let's overreact to an isolated incident and kill all the killer whales.:cuckoo:

Not without a trial by a jury of his peers.

I call for a Congressional investigation into the discrimination of Killer Whales.
Why can't this whale join a pod?

It isn't like that. The whales can communicate over 50 miles. Finding the natural groups or them knowing of his presence would be automatic. In Puget Sound there are sometimes 3 or four pods, occupying the top rung of the food chain, each including up to thirty members. This whale doesn't get to choose to join. He must be accepted first. There are several factors not in his favor. One is his appearance. His Dorsal fin has taken on the flopped over captive whale configuration. This will be a hard one to accept by the other whales..although some females have been accepted post captivity. Thier fin is much smaller and not a status symbol like the males. The next hurdle would be the usefulness of the whale in hunting food. Killer whales are always on the hunt and all it would take would be a precious few blunders by this new whale and the pod would kick him to the curb if not kill him as a hazard to the survival of the the group.

would you consider relocating, then?

my girlfriend tells me I'm a machine in bed and it's true I have the strength of a terminator but I would hardly consider myself a robot. But what of you.....do your duties here keep you so busy that you wouldn't have the time to wave the bananas they pay you with in front of Namu?

my girlfriend tells me I'm a machine in bed and it's true I have the strength of a terminator but I would hardly consider myself a robot. But what of you.....do your duties here keep you so busy that you wouldn't have the time to wave the bananas they pay you with in front of Namu?

Didn't your girlfriend say you need a machine in bed?

Didn't your girlfriend say you need a machine in bed?

No, but yours said you were just a tool, because you're not big enough to be a machine.

Forum List

Back