When good orcas go bad

Things in the ocean can kill you.

I'm barely comfortable in chest deep water at the beach. Jaws was killing mother fuckers in like 4 feet of water.

I bet the kids that were in the audience are all fucked up over this. Hell, I bet most of the adults are too.

It's been many years since I stopped spending money on any event that features captive animals. And I made that decision one day after an excursion to Sea World.

For some strange reason, I find the people on here cracking jokes about the trainer's death to be somewhat........... distasteful.

And.... let wild creatures be wild. That is what they are. Free the whale and let it be.

And today the great Yertle, that Marvelous he,
Is King of the Mud. That is all he can see.
And the turtles, of course... all the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.

The killer whales at Sea World I believe have been born in captivity, or come to the park by way of strange circumstances.

They can't be released into the wild. They can't survive without a pod, and they don't have pods. They are also susceptible to illness and starvation as they've never learned the skills or been exposed to the influences they would have been if they'd been wild all along.

The purpose of parks like Sea World is to expose people to animals so they will take an active interest in protecting them in the wild.

And the woman shouldn't have been in that area. The orca was too large and was considered dangerous. She took a chance and she lost her life for it.

This whale is a worthless jerk anyway.

He's the biggest Killer Whale in captivity so he probably thinks he's all that.

He lays around letting people throw fish in his mouth all of the time so he's obviously a free-loader.

He has nailed most of the females in the compound so he must think he's a real stud as well.

He's killed two other people already so he's worse then OJ.

I think we should turn him loose and let him fend for himself....see what it's like out in the big water having to deal with predators, whalers, and having to fight for females with males that haven't been living the good life.

For some strange reason, I find the people on here cracking jokes about the trainer's death to be somewhat........... distasteful.

And.... let wild creatures be wild. That is what they are. Free the whale and let it be.

It is, but you said to let wild creatures be wild so you understand at some level. If you want to play with a killer whale, expect to be killed some day. It's like the guy who hung out with bears and then got eaten by one. It's almost comical.

I was at SeaWorld in San Antonio years ago and almost saw a trainer get eaten by a killer whale. It was scary, but that's the job. If they don't want to get eaten by a killer whale, they should try a different profession.

I dont know if a animal like that could be re released into the wild. This is real life not free Willy

This particular whale was captured in the wild so why not release him?

As an aside, I do not think any wild animal should be caged and put on display.

Free willy

Let the poor whale go free.
I don't think he would survive for he has been in captivity way to long and is now dependent on being fed.

Killer whales, lion, tigers, etc. . . . being fed. That's just wrong.

Unless they're eating "trainer".

I walked into a bar here in Chicago and laying on the floor in the middle of the bar was a full grown, adult tiger. I didn't really notice what it was until I had crossed the floor to the bar to get something to drink. Then I had to walk all the way across the bar to leave through the front door. I was really pissed. It shocked me the bartender let the guy who owned it walk in with it on a "leash". The circus was visiting Chicago and I guess the trainer thought what he was doing was funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he would survive for he has been in captivity way to long and is now dependent on being fed.

Killer whales, lion, tigers, etc. . . . being fed. That's just wrong.

Unless they're eating "trainer".

I walked into a bar here in Chicago and laying on the floor in the middle of the bar was a full grown, adult tiger. I didn't really notice what it was until I had crossed the floor to the bar to get something to drink. Then I had to walk all the way across the bar to leave through the front door. I was really pissed. It shocked me the bartender let the guy who owned it walk in with it on a "leash". The circus was visiting Chicago and I guess the trainer thought what he was doing was funny.

Like the bartender had a choice . . the guy had a trained tiger. Wonder if the stripey one knew the "sick 'em" trick? :lol:

Forum List

Back