When Freedom of Conscience Died....

One must face the consequences of their actions. Each and every one of the people who demanded he be removed had the right to do that. Can I assume you want to remove the rights from all those people? Nobody even tried to remove any of Eich's rights. He was able to do exactly what he chose to do. Nobody has the right to avoid the consequences of their actions.

"One must face the consequences of their actions."

What actions were there?

He supported the denial of rights to a section of the population.

He disagreed with a political perspective.
He did exactly what the Supreme Court decreed is the right of every American.

For this, he lost his job.

Congratulations. You got that part right. Now, if you try real hard, you will get the rest of it.

Let's leave it at this:
I pointed out that the Supreme Court decreed that supporting a political view is the right of all Americans, and is covered by the first amendment, free speech.

You see such support as worthy of losing one's livelihood.

I say that makes you a Fascist.

'nuff said?

So is that right limited to people you agree with? His donation and demand that people be denied their rights were certainly legal, and he was not hindered in those actions in any way. Are you saying those who disagree with him don't have the same rights?

I say this makes you another dumb RWNJ.

'nuff said?

"One must face the consequences of their actions."

What actions were there?

Congratulations. You got that part right. Now, if you try real hard, you will get the rest of it.

Let's leave it at this:
I pointed out that the Supreme Court decreed that supporting a political view is the right of all Americans, and is covered by the first amendment, free speech.

'nuff said?

So is that right limited to people you agree with? His donation and demand that people be denied their rights were certainly legal, and he was not hindered in those actions in any way. Are you saying those who disagree with him don't have the same rights?

'nuff said?

How about you simply accept the name Fascist and be done with it?

He did nothing to any gay people.

Nothing.

He simply thinks differently than do Liberals.

You're still carrying on because I hit a nerve....
True?

5. Of course, Brendan Eich wasn't the only American who suffered for daring to have an alternative opinion....a thought crime under Liberal oppression....

"Christian bakers fined $135,000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians
The owners of a mom and pop bakery have just learned there is a significant price to pay for following their religious beliefs.

Aaron and Melissa Klein, the owners of Sweet Cakes By Melissa, have been ordered to pay $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple after they refused to bake them a wedding cake in 2013.
The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industry (BOLI) awarded $60,000 to Laurel Bowman-Cryer and $75,000 in damages to Rachel Bowman-Cryer for “emotional suffering.”

According to the BOLI, the lesbian couple suffered great angst... “felt depressed and questioned whether there was something inherently wrong with the sexual orientation she was born with.” They said she had “difficulty controlling her emotions and cried a lot.”
Christian bakers fined $135,000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians

Oh...and the Klein's freedom of speech was taken away as well: "Even more hard to comprehend was the order that the husband and wife owners cease-and-desist discussing the beliefs that led to their fine. Slate published a piece refuting the existence of a gag order, but the Daily Signal, which broke the story, explains that the order issued by Bureau of Labor and Industries Commissioner Brad Avakian included specific reference to statements by the bakery’s owners talking about their religious beliefs and intent to fight back." http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2015...00-not-intimidated-by-accompanying-gag-order/

And this:
"Barronelle Stutzman is a florist who employs gay people and serves gay clients. In fact, the gay couple at the center of this fight were long-time customers. But she refused to provide flowers for their wedding because she believes marriage is between a man and a woman.

...the ACLU sued on behalf of the couple and the Washington State attorney general filed a consumer protection lawsuit against her....

But a superior court judge is now ruled against her .... now the same-sex couple and the state are allowed to sue her for personal assets like her house and bank account....Stutzman, says the attorney general is using the full power of his office to personally and professionally destroy her. " Exclusive: Florist who refuses to do gay wedding speaks out

As we see, the actions of Liberals in power operate under the same views as Rousseau, Lenin, and other communist, Fascist and Nazi administrations: march in lock-step or suffer!

The Germans have a history of embracing authoritarian rule. As the German philosopher Hegel said, “The state says … you must obey …. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protest” (Ralf Dahrendorf, Society and Democracy in Germany).

Let's leave it at this:

'nuff said?

'nuff said?

Nothing.

True?

He did nothing to any gay people other than trying to deny them the same rights the rest of us have.

PoliticalChic-------------the unquestionable reincarnation of Rosan Rosanadana.

Let's leave it at this:

'nuff said?

'nuff said?

Nothing.

True?

He did nothing to any gay people other than trying to deny them the same rights the rest of us have.

PoliticalChic-------------the unquestionable reincarnation of Rosan Rosanadana.

"He did nothing to any gay people other than trying to deny them the same rights the rest of us have."

He donated to a political cause that Liberals don't agree with.

A cause with which he agrees.

That's all he did.

And you have helped prove the premise of this thread, that Liberals oppose freedom of thought, expression, and conscience.

You must be particularly cretinous not to see how your posts proved my premise.

I should keep you on retainer.

When did it happen???

When did Liberals trade this:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

For this:

Robespierre used Rousseau’s call for a “reign of virtue,’ proclaiming the Republic of Virtue, his euphemism for The Terror. In ‘The Social Contract’ Rousseau advocated death for anyone who did not uphold the common values of the community: the totalitarian view of reshaping of humanity, echoed in communism, Nazism, progressivism. Robespierre: “the necessity of bringing about a complete regeneration and, if I may express myself so, of creating a new people.”
Himmefarb, , “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68.

Disagree....and the consequence is death. Such is the view of every totalitarian regime.

What has happened to those Liberals????

6. Yet Liberals/Progressives/Democrats wonder why Americans voted for Mr. Trump.

Here's why:
It's because the Left has aligned their values and attitudes with communists, Nazis, Fascists, and ended the freedoms of thought, speech and consciences that made American exceptional!

The news media had this couple in their sights for possibly....well, read it yourself:

"Chip and Joanna Gaines, the married hosts of the popular HGTV reality show series Fixer Upper, found themselves at the center of an unlikely controversy in November 2016 when they were taken to task by a well known news web site for possibly being against gay marriage." Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines Outed as Anti-Gay?

" Chip and Joanna Gaines Under Fire for Maybe Having the ‘Wrong’ Views on LGBT Issues ....HGTV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines attend a church where the pastor thinks homosexual behavior is a sin.

BuzzFeed printed the original story, headlined “Chip And Joanna Gaines’ Church Is Firmly Against Same-Sex Marriage.” From there it was picked up by Cosmopolitan, Us Weekly, and my favorite, Jezebel.

Why?

So we don’t know for sure what the Gaineses’ beliefs are on same-sex marriage. (And incidentally, this attitude it’s news that something like a pastor at a Christian church preaching that same-sex marriage isn’t OK is exactly the kind of out-of-touchness that helped create a climate where Donald Trump could become president.)

But here’s the clincher: The couple, whose popular HGTV show is called “Fixer Upper,” has fans that may not agree with their views on same-sex marriage!
But somehow if you’re liberal you can like only the celebrities who agree with you on absolutely every matter?
‘Fixer Upper’ Couple Under Fire for ‘Wrong’ Views on LGBT Issues

National Review characterized the stories attacking the HGTV stories in this way:
‘Are You Now or Have You Ever Been a Christian?’

America was never a shining city on a hill, that was the kind of bullshit all governments do to subjects.
Your view from the toilet bowl in the ghetto might give you that impression. If you had lifted the lid, jumped out and made a life for yourself, you would have a different , more positive attitude. Maybe next time.....yo.

Be more specific. Exactly what do you have planned for liberals? Show some spine and spell it out exactly.

You best be running along to find the nearest safe space snowflake.....

Oooh! We got another live one! Internet tough guy alert!

'Course, he's not quite brave enough to tell anyone exactly what he's planning. He's keeping it vague. Probably because he can't fit through the doorway of his house any more.

Now, we can guess what he's hoping for. Like Political Chic, he wants the Trump admin to formally create some type of Gestapo that they can report dirty liberals too, in the hopes that government thugs will give them a midnight knock.

Be more specific. Exactly what do you have planned for liberals? Show some spine and spell it out exactly.

You best be running along to find the nearest safe space snowflake.....

Oooh! We got another live one! Internet tough guy alert!

'Course, he's not quite brave enough to tell anyone exactly what he's planning. He's keeping it vague. Probably because he can't fit through the doorway of his house any more.

Now, we can guess what he's hoping for. Like Political Chic, he wants the Trump admin to formally create some type of Gestapo that they can report dirty liberals too, in the hopes that government thugs will give them a midnight knock.
Anything you say, snowflake.....:lol:

And, of course, the same Liberal attacks on freedom of thought occurs in academia and science.

"My Unhappy Life as a Climate Heretic
My research was attacked by thought police in journalism, activist groups funded by billionaires and even the White House.

....a staffer at the Center for American Progress, founded by John Podesta in 2003, took credit for a campaign to have me eliminated as a writer for Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight website. In the email, the editor of the think tank’s climate blog bragged to one of its billionaire donors, Tom Steyer: “I think it’s fair [to] say that, without Climate Progress, Pielke would still be writing on climate change for 538.”
My Unhappy Life as a Climate Heretic

Dare to disagree with the Left, and it's blood in the water!!!!

"When substantively countering an academic’s research proves difficult, other techniques are needed to banish it.
.... journalists and other academics joined the campaign against me. What sort of responsibility do scientists and the media have to defend the ability to share research, on any subject, that might be inconvenient to political interests—...?."
Ibid.

Here is one of the comment from WSJ quoted above:

"Here's a crazy idea. Trump should put Professor Pielke in charge of the National Science Foundation and all of the grants it hands out for scientific research. First thing he could do would be shut down all existing grants for climate research."

And another:
"The point he is making is valid; unless you toe the line and preach the politically correct narrative, you are at risk of censure and worse."

And it is only Liberals doing this.....never conservatives.

From John Tierney's article on the Liberal attack on science:

"When he is asked why he doesn't write about some alleged conservative threat to science, he responds "because there isn’t much to write about. Conservatives just don’t have that much impact on science. I know that sounds strange to Democrats who decry Republican creationists and call themselves the “party of science.” But I’ve done my homework. I’ve read the Left’s indictments, including Chris Mooney’s bestseller, The Republican War on Science. I finished it with the same question about this war that I had at the outset: Where are the casualties?

Where are the scientists who lost their jobs or their funding? What vital research has been corrupted or suppressed? What scientific debate has been silenced? "
The Real War on Science

Forum List

Back