When did we become a medieval society?

I remember those days... I've had some major stressors lately which might explain a few things.

That will do it to you. When you have something on your mind there's no getting it out.

Yeah, when it's a life or death situation, everything changes. I'm seeking help by reading posts on USMB. I find that to be the best therapy. :lol:

Really? I read some of these posts and I want to kill myself. :eek:

Good luck with whatever ails you. :eusa_pray:

not so badly. i sleep well.

although, editec makes a good point that i should have said mitigate rather than ameliorate.

I'm with you, but or course we've got a long way to go. My goal is for humans to be fully enlightened in about 500,000 years. I wish I slept well at night. Do you take any kind of drugs to help you sleep?

no, i just try to do the best i can every day to do what's right.

when i fuck up, i try to apologize immediately and make it right to the best of my ability. i don't always do it, but i try.

it works for me

I'm pretty sure I've been waiting for an apology from you for a really long time.

This is your big chance....

I'm with you, but or course we've got a long way to go. My goal is for humans to be fully enlightened in about 500,000 years. I wish I slept well at night. Do you take any kind of drugs to help you sleep?

when i fuck up, i try to apologize immediately and make it right to the best of my ability. i don't always do it, but i try.

it works for me

I'm pretty sure I've been waiting for an apology from you for a really long time.

and i'm gonna blow it

damn

it works for me

Good advice. :thup:

My perspective has changed depending on how personal the situation is to me. For instance, you had started a funny thread about tornado damage about a week ago which ordinarily would've been funny to me, but having known people who recently were killed in a tornado I just couldn't laugh. And I'm sure those who personally lost family during the 9/11 attacks have mixed feelings about Osama's death. I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to see photographic proof of his death or his head on a stick.

It really is just a natural human compulsion. And really, it's one we share with much of the animal world. Chimps do horrible things to their enemies, and the entire ... group (or whatever they are) participate. Elephants acknowledge the dead; whales probably do. Dogs sometimes do, sometimes horses do.

I don't see what it engenders such disdain. The same people who don't have the stomach for such things probably are a little queasy about funerals and sex as well.

it works for me

and i'm gonna blow it

damn

I forgive you, my child.

it works for me

My perspective has changed depending on how personal the situation is to me. For instance, you had started a funny thread about tornado damage about a week ago which ordinarily would've been funny to me, but having known people who recently were killed in a tornado I just couldn't laugh. And I'm sure those who personally lost family during the 9/11 attacks have mixed feelings about Osama's death. I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to see photographic proof of his death or his head on a stick.

It really is just a natural human compulsion. And really, it's one we share with much of the animal world. Chimps do horrible things to their enemies, and the entire ... group (or whatever they are) participate. Elephants acknowledge the dead; whales probably do. Dogs sometimes do, sometimes horses do.

I don't see what it engenders such disdain. The same people who don't have the stomach for such things probably are a little queasy about funerals and sex as well.

some of the best sex i've ever had was in a funeral home.

some of the best sex i've ever had was in a funeral home.

Suddenly Octo0sex doesn't seem as wierd...:(

Medieval society?

You mean a society where

1. The wealthy elites control the power

2. The government doesn't spend money helping the poor - no public healthcare, no public schools, no public safety net.

3. The Church is very powerful socially and politically.

4. Military might is championed to the extreme.

5. The Bible's teaching are as legitimate as those of science.

6. Islam is the Enemy

...hmmm...

Medieval society? Hell, that's Conservatopia.

Last edited:
We, the taxpayers, paid for those photos. We have a right to see them.

Obama is arrogantly playing daddy and determining what the rest of us adults are mature enough to see. that isn't his prerogative.

Much as i would love to see osama's head shot to shreds, obama is correct in his assessment of the situation and i agree with him. It is not a good idea add fuel to the flames.

What about all of the attacks he plotted, financed, and carried out against innocent victims ending with bodies charred, splattered, and ripped apart like road kill. I find it unfitting the only pictures we have of bin Laden feature spotless white robes, a head wrapped in turban and a serene dignified expression. He was a cold calculating mass murderer, I would like his epitaph to be the final image he deserves to be remembered by, his mutilated gory face. Sure we already know from reports that half his skull was blown away but why leave it to the imagination.

I guess you miss my posts that if it were up to me i would have his head on a pike on the white house lawn. :eusa_whistle:

I am not the only one involved. Nor am in in some shit hole dust bin risking my life because i am in the military... they must be considered in all of this too. Giving the fuckers an excuse to attack is also foolish just to satisfy MY desire for justice.

letting the pics "leak" out is the best way. It is not "official"

Here is a simple fact that would end this debate among sane people.

IF Bin Laden were alive and free his press conference would have aired on Al Jazeer within hours of Obama's announcing that he was dead. The FACT that we haven't heard from the asshole is proof that he is not at large.

And if our government has decided to announce his death so that they can take their sweet time torturing him for information, or merely for the sport of it, then who cares? Either way he's gone.

I share similar thoughts on both points. If he is dead, good. If he isn't & we are holding him for "rigorous questioning" purposes, I am okay with that as well. However, a picture of the dead bastard would increase my smile ten fold.

and you've never once felt a thrill, a sense of victory, pride? plain old take that MFer?you never took ANY pics?

Nope, mostly just glad it was them and not me.
And never one pic. Plenty of images in my mind that took decades to dim.

And that's fine...you don't feel a need to look.

But it's ridiculous to refuse the public access to these particular pictures when there are pictures of Kennedy, beheading victims, genocide victims, and various executions available to everybody.

It's as if THIS particular picture, and THIS particular man is more SPECIAL.

It's idiotic.

Not more special, more MUSLIM. This administration is all about kissing Muslim ass.

That will do it to you. When you have something on your mind there's no getting it out.

Yeah, when it's a life or death situation, everything changes. I'm seeking help by reading posts on USMB. I find that to be the best therapy. :lol:

Better than letting a chicken walk across your nude body?

:eusa_hand:

Nevermind

NO no no! You ain't getting out of that so easy. Tell us about this chicken incident.

Forum List

Back