When are taxes high enough???

Got it. A woman with a child deserves more than one without a child. Excellent point.

exactly if a woman has 10 kids and needs drug treatment the customers should pay for the choices she made!! It makes perfect sense!!!

didn't say that at all. I am talking about living wages. don't try to ask me to put a number on it. Most statistics use a family of four for a reference, and that's what I was using....even though I didn't say it.

If someone is working full time and being a productive member of society, one income should be able to support a family of four in a basic, frugal lifestyle...roof over their heads...food and clothing...utilities....basic transportation.....and health care.

If both parents of that family of four work, they should be able to thrive....if they want more kids than two, they would have to either get a better job, or lower their lifestyle expectation.

Having a huge chunk of our population that can't make it on two incomes is probably the main reason that our economy sucks. No disposable income means less demand, less demand means less business gets done, less business means less jobs. it's a downward spiral. To bring back wages to where they were in the 50's through the 70's(in relation to the cost of living) would do wonders.

Employees that are worth that level of pay already have that level of pay.
Nice talking point shooter. Not true at all.
How so?

who decides what you claim?
Your wage, like everyone else's, is decided by you and your employer.
You believe you are worth $X, he is willing to pay $Y for the work he has for you. If the numbers match up, you have a job; if not, you do not.
The work he has for you may not be worth 'enough for a family to live on', and so, if you take that job, you choose to make less than that amount.
:dunno:

many people don't have a choice...they take what they can get. Fuck it....I guess that's the way you want the game to be played....so, when someone tells me that there are no good paying jobs available....I'll tell them not to work...collect welfare....it pays better.

You want a solution to high taxes....I gave you one. to have our private sector man the fuck up...you don't like the idea of "job creators" having a sense of decency, responsibility to their employees, and a sense of patriotism to their communities and their countries? Well...then I guess it's government's job to take it into their own hands. You can't have it both ways....crappy fucking wages and government butting out...

one income should be able to support a family of four in a basic, frugal lifestyle...roof over their heads...food and clothing...utilities....basic transportation.....and health care.

too stupid!!!! if wages go up by liberal fiat then so do prices by the exact amount of the wage increases so then the wages do no good at all!!

The way you get higher wages that enable a higher standard of living is with supply side economics. Someone must develop or supply or improve the wheel and plow and electricity etc etc. This is what Republicans understand and a liberal will lack the IQ to understand.

You have to admit you can't understand that in a million years- right?? Its just in the nature of liberalism. Sorry.

A liberal will be simple. People are poor so give them welfare or higher wages!! Democracy depends on intelligent people, not on liberals.

Last edited:
Got it. A woman with a child deserves more than one without a child. Excellent point.

exactly if a woman has 10 kids and needs drug treatment the customers should pay for the choices she made!! It makes perfect sense!!!

didn't say that at all. I am talking about living wages. don't try to ask me to put a number on it. Most statistics use a family of four for a reference, and that's what I was using....even though I didn't say it.

If someone is working full time and being a productive member of society, one income should be able to support a family of four in a basic, frugal lifestyle...roof over their heads...food and clothing...utilities....basic transportation.....and health care.

If both parents of that family of four work, they should be able to thrive....if they want more kids than two, they would have to either get a better job, or lower their lifestyle expectation.

Having a huge chunk of our population that can't make it on two incomes is probably the main reason that our economy sucks. No disposable income means less demand, less demand means less business gets done, less business means less jobs. it's a downward spiral. To bring back wages to where they were in the 50's through the 70's(in relation to the cost of living) would do wonders.
What if the parents of that family of four have no job skills, no stable work history, and only qualify for the most menial of jobs that a talking monkey could do. Like hostessing. How much should a hostess where you live make? Why do you think that every job is one that should pay enough to keep ones head above water? Why is it the responsibility of the business to subsidize the choices that individual made when deciding to start a family with no job skills and a shitty work history? What constitutes adequate housing and food for a family of four?

Last edited:
that's not true at all now, is it? The "free market" is set by fat cats who want it all. I feel sorry for small business owners. They take the brunt of most of this shit. It's not them that is the problem....it's the big boys that set the rules for everyone else. They don't give a shit if some mom and pop goes out of business...more market share for them.

What you want is a winner take all system which employs serfs. It will never work. The more money and power you give big business, the more they want. Look at what's happening around you instead of reading the Blaze everyday. Wages are virtually the same as they were in the early 80's for most of our population...prices have soared since then. Sure, you can get a 32" flat screen for $279 and a DVD player for $29.... but the average price for a car was a little over $6k back then. A home cost around $40k, Health Insurance was provided by the employer. The lie you want to believe us that prices are so low....but they are not...bullshit stuff? yeah...a little, but not things that people need to live.

How so?

You believe you are worth $X, he is willing to pay $Y for the work he has for you. If the numbers match up, you have a job; if not, you do not.
The work he has for you may not be worth 'enough for a family to live on', and so, if you take that job, you choose to make less than that amount.

many people don't have a choice...they take what they can get. Fuck it....I guess that's the way you want the game to be played....so, when someone tells me that there are no good paying jobs available....I'll tell them not to work...collect welfare....it pays better.

You want a solution to high taxes....I gave you one. to have our private sector man the fuck up...you don't like the idea of "job creators" having a sense of decency, responsibility to their employees, and a sense of patriotism to their communities and their countries? Well...then I guess it's government's job to take it into their own hands. You can't have it both ways....crappy fucking wages and government butting out...

Most of those people that, as you say, don't have a choice, made plenty of choices that landed themselves in such a lpredicament.

How so?

many people don't have a choice...they take what they can get.
You always have a choice.
But, let us assume you do not - that you have a PhD and 20 years experience in whatever field you choose to name. You have a wife, 3 kids in college and a $300k house.

How does any business owner have a responsibility to pay you enough to support all that when the work he has for you is worth $25k/yr?

How so?

many people don't have a choice...they take what they can get.
You always have a choice.
But, let us assume you do not - that you have a PhD and 20 years experience in whatever field you choose to name. You have a wife, 3 kids in college and a $300k house.

How does any business owner have a responsibility to pay you enough to support all that when the work he has for you is worth $25k/yr?
You just don't care about fairness. Somebody get steel plate a Waaaaaaaaambulance.

If you are 40 years old and working as a hostess at Dennys, there is a very good chance that is because of your own choices you made. It sure as hell is not the fault of Dennys.

As I have pointed out in the past, one third of the medically uninsured in America are high school dropouts. You sure can't blame someone dropping out of high school on corporate America.

And yet the left wants us to pick up the tab for someone else's bad choices and pay for their health insurance. Which means higher taxes, the subject of this thread.

Somewhere along the line, we stopped holding people accountable for their bad decisions and started enabling bad decisions. A recipe for disaster.

And here we are.

Last edited:
If you are 40 years old and working as a hostess at Dennys, there is a very good chance that is because of your own choices you made. It sure as hell is not the fault of Dennys.

As I have pointed out in the past, one third of the medically uninsured in America are high school dropouts. You sure can't blame someone dropping out of high school on corporate America.

And yet the left wants us to pick up the tab for someone else's bad choices and pay for their health insurance.

Makes you wonder what the OWS parasites stand to gain by settin forth such dipshit ideas. I mean, where the fuck are these morons employed?

I feel sorry for small business owners.

does the perfect idiot liberal want to pass a law so that all cars have to be made by small businesses that make a maximum of 10 cars a day at $500,000 each or do you want them made 2000 a day by glorious big business with economies of scale tha make them cost $20,000 each!

Do you see why we are 100% positive that liberalism really means, illiterate???

One does not debate a liberal, one instructs a child.

Last edited:
The correct answer to the OP's question is when taxes reach 100%. They'll take everything you make and redistribute it to whoever they want to. Then they will take everything you own and give that to whoever they like. They'll take your kids and teach 'em what to say and think, and then they'll take your parents and kill 'em once they ain't productive any more. Seems to be the direction they want to go, can't imagine why they'd stop short of this, except maybe if there's a revolution/rebellion.

Heres to hoping class warfare remains the only mantra of the Obama campaign.:party:

The strategy has never won in the history of the republic.

ANyway.......the k00ks will only be happy when we disarm and the wealthy are taxed at 90% of their income!!!

Last edited:
The correct answer to the OP's question is when taxes reach 100%. They'll take everything you make and redistribute it to whoever they want to. Then they will take everything you own and give that to whoever they like. They'll take your kids and teach 'em what to say and think, and then they'll take your parents and kill 'em once they ain't productive any more. Seems to be the direction they want to go, can't imagine why they'd stop short of this, except maybe if there's a revolution/rebellion.

yes Stalin followed up each failed 5 year plan with more and more aggressive 5 years plans as the hole got deeper and deeper.

If the liberal can't continue to tax more and spend more he has no reason for being. This is why they will never say how big is big. THere is a book called "Never Enough"

With the example of Congress 'enabling' its own weaknesses, we shouldn't expect more from people of modest intellectual capacity.
The two-party system is a coup d'état, but you are right, people cannot be excused entirely for their bad choices. So, it was all Americans who did not vote or did not vote to throw the bums out who are also responsible.
Anyone uncomfortable?

Never quite saw it put that way but its spot on now that I think of it.........at least in my experience.

No worries here.............all this Keynesian shit is getting mothballed in about 90 days.

winning

Last edited:

Never quite saw it put that way but its spot on now that I think of it.........at least in my experience.

Thanks. Its easy enough to prove too!, Just ask a liberal to say something intelligent in defense of liberalism and watch them run. For perspective ask a conservative or libertarian the same question and watch them them step right up.

How so?

Most of those people that, as you say, don't have a choice, made plenty of choices that landed themselves in such a lpredicament.

so fuck 'em....right? Let them starve. You dumbass.... it's because of people like you that we are in the predicament we're in. It's real....REAL simple. The more money one makes, the more their buying power is...The more they can buy...the better off our economy is. Stop acting like the workforce is an afterthought.

You know, there was a time when menial labor was paid pretty well, and our country thrived instead of slowly swirling down the toilet. Not to the point you mentioned(20-25/hr)....that was over the top so I went the same direction....but when I was a kid, I remember my Dad talking about employees at a Merck plant in our area where people got $20 an hour to push a broom, and that was back in the 70's.

Let's move on to Government.....Why can't we pay our debts? Oh....we sure do spend too much, but the insolvency problem has gotten much, much worse because of too many people not making enough to collect revenues that will cover it. If some family has two parents working at a minimum wage job, that's right around $30k/year...or one job at $15/hr. With the cost of living the way it is? fuck....they're barely surviving....probably collecting food stamps to make ends meet.

Do people make bad choices? sure they do....but I'm not willing to destroy the economy because I'm pissed off at other people's poor choices, are you?

The Median family income in this country is around what? 50k? When you consider the cost of living, even that isn't living high on the hog....definitely doable, but not thriving by any means.

Forum List

Back