What's your plans for Columbus Day ?

Repeating the indoctrination of college suggests you aren't thinking

Yeah mean, because educated people say something that you don't like, and another educated person says the same thing that you don't like, suggests that the latter person isn't thinking, simply because then you can pretend that somehow you're on a higher level of intelligence than those people who are more intelligent that you are?
If they refuse to consider counter points then they're no smarter than anyone.
If you refuse to dispute college campus censorship, bigotry and history revision out of your own ignorance or apathy then you're willfully indoctrinated.

So, what you're saying is, that if I'm educated, and I say stuff that's similar to what other educated people believe, therefore I'm ignoring "college campus censorship, bigotry and history revision"? How do you make these giant leaps?

College is like anywhere else in the world, people have their views, people have their powers, people do things for their own goals. You seem to be suggesting there is systematic censorship and whatnot, so that EVERY college student gets some warped view of the world, while at the same time, you and others, have more clarity because, well, because you've just made stuff up and decided it's true.

Now, one of the only things I really learned in High School was how to look at sources. You ask yourself questions about a source to find out if it is worthy of being a source or not. Later on in my higher education I learned how to present an argument.

Now, many, if not all, of those people who come on here shouting indoctrination etc, are people who struggle to develop arguments, struggle to use sources and are rather quick to attack and insult when things don't go their way. Now, so far in this debate you've been civil, which is great, but you aren't in the majority.

I am a person who will back up my arguments, use logic and so on. I want to know the truth, not what someone else tells me. I don't automatically believe what I read, I try and find different points of view on an argument and then come to a logical conclusion about it. If my argument is faulty, I will change it.

And yet, even doing this, I have people telling me I'm indoctrinated. I mean, what can you do?

What makes you not indoctrinated and me indoctrinated?
Sorry but college has become a bastion of left wing indoctrination. If you don't see that you're probably indoctrinated.

I'm sorry, are you going to reply to what I wrote, or just write something that isn't to do with what I wrote?
All of your arguments are pro-left-wing, i.e., everything promoted on college campuses.

Yeah mean, because educated people say something that you don't like, and another educated person says the same thing that you don't like, suggests that the latter person isn't thinking, simply because then you can pretend that somehow you're on a higher level of intelligence than those people who are more intelligent that you are?
If you refuse to dispute college campus censorship, bigotry and history revision out of your own ignorance or apathy then you're willfully indoctrinated.

So, what you're saying is, that if I'm educated, and I say stuff that's similar to what other educated people believe, therefore I'm ignoring "college campus censorship, bigotry and history revision"? How do you make these giant leaps?

College is like anywhere else in the world, people have their views, people have their powers, people do things for their own goals. You seem to be suggesting there is systematic censorship and whatnot, so that EVERY college student gets some warped view of the world, while at the same time, you and others, have more clarity because, well, because you've just made stuff up and decided it's true.

Now, one of the only things I really learned in High School was how to look at sources. You ask yourself questions about a source to find out if it is worthy of being a source or not. Later on in my higher education I learned how to present an argument.

Now, many, if not all, of those people who come on here shouting indoctrination etc, are people who struggle to develop arguments, struggle to use sources and are rather quick to attack and insult when things don't go their way. Now, so far in this debate you've been civil, which is great, but you aren't in the majority.

I am a person who will back up my arguments, use logic and so on. I want to know the truth, not what someone else tells me. I don't automatically believe what I read, I try and find different points of view on an argument and then come to a logical conclusion about it. If my argument is faulty, I will change it.

And yet, even doing this, I have people telling me I'm indoctrinated. I mean, what can you do?

The "truth" is, the Europeans came over raped, pillaged, murdered, and took away the the indigenous peoples land, their culture, and any rights they may have had. The Euros won, the natives lost. This is the way it's always worked throughout human history. Had the Euros not done so, another advanced civilization eventually would have.
Fast forward to today and the world is a better place for it.

Now you can be a pussy and cry and whine about it, but it doesn't change anything. Happy Columbus Day.

Better for who?

FT_14.06.12_standingRock-tribe.png

NortDakotaSuicideRates.jpg

th

Vietnam-war-casualties-Statistics.jpg
Those charts are relevant to human advancement.
You are spewing more biased college indoctrination.
You must be Stanford Indians or St. Johns Redmen or Miami Redskins fan.

The "truth" is, the Europeans came over raped, pillaged, murdered, and took away the the indigenous peoples land, their culture, and any rights they may have had. The Euros won, the natives lost. This is the way it's always worked throughout human history. Had the Euros not done so, another advanced civilization eventually would have.

Now you can be a pussy and cry and whine about it, but it doesn't change anything. Happy Columbus Day.

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.
Europeans landing on this hemisphere led to the founding of America, and then because of America's free enterprise capitalistic system, a tsunami of modern technolgy ensued leading to inventions that have helped and improved the lives of untold millions of people around the world.

Sorry but college has become a bastion of left wing indoctrination. If you don't see that you're probably indoctrinated.

I'm sorry, are you going to reply to what I wrote, or just write something that isn't to do with what I wrote?
All of your arguments are pro-left-wing, i.e., everything promoted on college campuses.

So, you're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 7483?

Well done.

Better for who?

th

Those charts are relevant to human advancement.
You are spewing more biased college indoctrination.
You must be Stanford Indians or St. Johns Redmen or Miami Redskins fan.

Oh, so now facts and figures are "biased college indoctrination".

Wow, your excuses for ignorance are amazing.

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.
Europeans landing on this hemisphere led to the founding of America, and then because of America's free enterprise capitalistic system, a tsunami of modern technolgy ensued leading to inventions that have helped and improved the lives of untold millions of people around the world.

Really? You think the US epitomizes humanity? Going around destabilizing the world?

Yes, there's been modern technology, a lot of it allows humans to kill more effectively. You're making the assumption that without the US this wouldn't have happened.

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.

Really? You think the US epitomizes humanity? Going around destabilizing the world?

Yes, there's been modern technology, a lot of it allows humans to kill more effectively. You're making the assumption that without the US this wouldn't have happened.

God you're so fucking typical!

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.

Thanks for calling me God.

I didn't realize that on this forum you were supposed to be creative with the truth, or just make stuff up. Maybe "typical" is because, well, this is the way it is. You don't like it, boohoo.

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.

Corporate Patents Are Grand Larceny

Is that the only choice we have? Either glorifying Low IQ races or glorifying business chiefs who freeload off High IQs?

For thousands of years, there was plenty of capital but no advancement. It was only when scientists started producing that capital became a useful but secondary accessory to progress.

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.

I didn't realize that on this forum you were supposed to be creative with the truth, or just make stuff up. Maybe "typical" is because, well, this is the way it is. You don't like it, boohoo.

I don't like robot liberal assholes like you that only see the negative side of America.
To you pieces of shit, America is only pure evil. To anyone with a real brain America's greatness outweighs the bad.

In some ways I can forgive you, you are simply a product of the modern university system that only trains you to see the bad.

Overall though, I won't forgive you, I spit on you.

Better for who?

th

Better for humanity.

I don't like robot liberal assholes like you that only see the negative side of America.
To you pieces of shit, America is only pure evil. To anyone with a real brain America's greatness outweighs the bad.

In some ways I can forgive you, you are simply a product of the modern university system that only trains you to see the bad.

I think you have many problems and issues. I'm not going to go all psychologist on you, but seriously, you probably want to figure it out.

Basically what I see you writing is insults because you can't formulate what you want to say properly, and probably because you don't actually know enough to make a decent opinion. I see you trying to ignore reality. I see you not fighting back with facts, history, knowledge, but with emotion.

So, if the US does something bad, and I say the US did something bad, I'm a bad person. Not the US is bad for having done this, but that I'm bad for actually saying it is so. What kind of fucked up logic is that?

A "real brain" huh? America's "greatness"? Well we could have a debate on what "greatness" for nations means, perhaps we'd come up with different things. But then again I know we're not going to have that debate because you're not interested in debate. You're interested in being right, and if you can't achieve being right through telling people what you think, you'll then resort to insults.

I've seen it time and again dude. It's not smart. You might not want to think that you're not that smart, but every time you insult, it shows it to me.

Better for humanity.

I think you have many problems and issues. I'm not going to go all psychologist on you, but seriously, you probably want to figure it out.

Basically what I see you writing is insults because you can't formulate what you want to say properly, and probably because you don't actually know enough to make a decent opinion. I see you trying to ignore reality. I see you not fighting back with facts, history, knowledge, but with emotion.

So, if the US does something bad, and I say the US did something bad, I'm a bad person. Not the US is bad for having done this, but that I'm bad for actually saying it is so. What kind of fucked up logic is that?

A "real brain" huh? America's "greatness"? Well we could have a debate on what "greatness" for nations means, perhaps we'd come up with different things. But then again I know we're not going to have that debate because you're not interested in debate. You're interested in being right, and if you can't achieve being right through telling people what you think, you'll then resort to insults.

I've seen it time and again dude. It's not smart. You might not want to think that you're not that smart, but every time you insult, it shows it to me.

There is no debate. America has done far more good for humanity, than bad. End of story.

There is no debate. America has done far more good for humanity, than bad. End of story.

There is no debate because I doubt you can debate.

If you're going to make a claim, go and prove it.

Otherwise don't even bother replying.

Better for humanity.

The Indians' Evolutionary Expiration Date Was 1492

You base your smug certainties on false assumptions, such as that the Indians were just as evolved as the Whites; that seniority determines property rights; and that the products developed after the White conquest, which benefited the whole world, would have been produced by the Indians anyway.

You base your smug certainties on false assumptions, such as that the Indians were just as evolved as the Whites; that seniority determines property rights; and that the products developed after the White conquest, which benefited the whole world, would have been produced by the Indians anyway.

I'm sorry, where did I say Native Americans (they're clearly not from India) were as evolved as whites?
So you're saying that if you are more evolved than someone else, you can simply walk in an commit genocide and ethnic cleansing?

So if China becomes more evolved than the US in the future, bound to happen, then they are free to come in and commit genocide in the US then?

I'm sorry, where did I say Native Americans (they're clearly not from India) were as evolved as whites?
So you're saying that if you are more evolved than someone else, you can simply walk in an commit genocide and ethnic cleansing?

So if China becomes more evolved than the US in the future, bound to happen, then they are free to come in and commit genocide in the US then?
First off, I'm a native American and I am white.
What gave the Indians who were here before Columbus the right to wipe out populations that were here before they arrived?

First off, I'm a native American and I am white.
What gave the Indians who were here before Columbus the right to wipe out populations that were here before they arrived?

Nothing. We're not talking about rights here though. We're talking about morals. I'm not saying the Native Americas were moral.

You might be native American, but you're not Native America, I would presume from your statement.

Forum List

Back