What's your ObamaCares horror story?

sex-love-life-2013-11-dana-carvey-church-lady-main.gif

Last year I mentioned that I was going to retire at 65 when I could get Medicare.
As an engineer, projects sometimes lasted up to 5 years. I didn't want to get a project lasting years and quit after 2. It's not fair to the company or to the engineers following.
So they fired me. Which was good. I got full pay for over 30 weeks and healthcare. But I had to find the healthcare they would pay for. Fortunately, I was able to get covered with Obamacare. The only problem is that there will be three months between when my current healthcare lapses and when I get Medicare. They have short term healthcare for such times under Obamacare, but f*cking a$$ whole Republicans want to end that. Because they are mean, dangerous and a dirty people. Hopefully they will be stopped.

Last year I mentioned that I was going to retire at 65 when I could get Medicare.
As an engineer, projects sometimes lasted up to 5 years. I didn't want to get a project lasting years and quit after 2. It's not fair to the company or to the engineers following.
So they fired me. Which was good. I got full pay for over 30 weeks and healthcare. But I had to find the healthcare they would pay for. Fortunately, I was able to get covered with Obamacare. The only problem is that there will be three months between when my current healthcare lapses and when I get Medicare. They have short term healthcare for such times under Obamacare, but f*cking a$$ whole Republicans want to end that. Because they are mean, dangerous and a dirty people. Hopefully they will be stopped.

Remember when the tee potty new congress guy threw a fit because he couldn't get ObamaCares until he was in office for a moth?

Also, the R congress has exempted themselves from the new trump plan.
I wonder why ...

Most of my friends with Sole Proprietorships are now paying close to 40K/year for a family of 2 parents and 2 children.

No they don't have short term under obamacare and I saw no where in the repubs bill that mentioned short term. You need to call an insurance agent in your area and I'm sure they can find you a short term. But keep in mind short terms does not cover pre x and are meant to be catastrophic.

Most of my friends with Sole Proprietorships are now paying close to 40K/year for a family of 2 parents and 2 children.

Shit, they must have signed up for platinum plans at those prices. If they are not LLC's or corps they need to talk to their accountants and get those modified adjusted gross incomes down to about 250% of federal poverty level and if subsidies exist next year go that route.

There are planty of horror stories about Obamacare and there are plenty of horror stories that happened before Obamacare.

Horror stories shouldn't drive policy decisions. My problem with ACA is that it's another large step down the path to corporatism. It further reinforces the notion that government is our caretaker.

Obama removed the stop gap plan from the ACA causing people that need temporary insurance to pay through the nose...It was a cash grab and it hurt people of all income levels...My neighbor had to cough up $1400 plus $600 for his uncovered meds when he had to go onto Obamacare for only two months!!!
$2000 for two months of coverage for just himself...he didn't even make a claim the whole two months...
The hideous part is that there is a stop gab plan tab on the ACA site but it doesn't work...Obama took it away after the bill was law...evil prick...when you click on it it says stop gap plans are temporarily not available...it's a rip off...

Obama removed the stop gap plan from the ACA causing people that need temporary insurance to pay through the nose...It was a cash grab and it hurt people of all income levels...My neighbor had to cough up $1400 plus $600 for his uncovered meds when he had to go onto Obamacare for only two months!!!
$2000 for two months of coverage for just himself...he didn't even make a claim the whole two months...
The hideous part is that there is a stop gab plan tab on the ACA site but it doesn't work...Obama took it away after the bill was law...evil prick...when you click on it it says stop gap plans are temporarily not available...it's a rip off...

A temporary plan would have been medically underwritten and your neighbor probably would have been denied coverage, not to mention they probably would not have covered his meds. Temp plans even if approved find a way to say it was pre x and not pay. Very dangerous for some people.

Oh wait a minute after re reading your post, you could purchase a temp plan for 3 months at a time he just would have had to call someone that sold them, no such thing on healthcare.gov.

A temporary plan would have been medically underwritten and your neighbor probably would have been denied coverage, not to mention they probably would not have covered his meds. Temp plans even if approved find a way to say it was pre x and not pay. Very dangerous for some people.

Oh wait a minute after re reading your post, you could purchase a temp plan for 3 months at a time he just would have had to call someone that sold them, no such thing on healthcare.gov.

They have since changed it but can't remember how long you can buy for now, I won't deal with them, people don't seem to understand they are not guaranteed issue and will not pay for pre existing conditions.

When the bill was proposed there was stop gap plans so people in between coverage would stay current...those plans were at an affordable cost but when they took that option away you were stuck paying full price with no subsidies...

When the bill was proposed there was stop gap plans so people in between coverage would stay current...those plans were at an affordable cost but when they took that option away you were stuck paying full price with no subsidies...

You're not talking about temporary plans?

You're not talking about temporary plans?
Yes I am go to the covered CA site and you will see the stop gap temporary plans...the tab hasn't worked for over three years...it's an intentional rip off...

oh crap man you didn't say it was in CA, whole different ball game out there, but as far as I know all 50 states had insurance companies that would have sold a temp plan. I believe one of the biggest companies out there that offers temp plans and overseas temp plan is called Petersen Group.

oh crap man you didn't say it was in CA, whole different ball game out there, but as far as I know all 50 states had insurance companies that would have sold a temp plan. I believe one of the biggest companies out there that offers temp plans and overseas temp plan is called Petersen Group
The state has banned all temporary stop gap plans indefinitely costing people thousands....if you have a pre existing you are stuck paying it just to remain covered...

Forum List

Back