What's Your Definition Of A RINO?

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
I recently saw this posted by Bripat9643.......

"Worked across both sides of the aisle" is a euphemism meaning he's a RINO.

I have to wonder how many people would actually agree with that statement.

Does simply working in a bipartisan fashion on an issue automatically mean that a Republican is a RINO?

Now if you disagree with the above statement please state what YOUR definition of a RINO is.

IMO I would not only want, but would expect all members to work together to solve problems regardless of their political afffiliation.

A large land mammal characterized by unusual toes and a either one or two facial horns depending on the particular species.

A RINO is a politician who supports big government solutions to all or most problems and is willing to compromise conservative principles in order to allow big government solutions. Why such people would even bother to register Republican is beyond me because they are simply Democrats in Republian clothing.

PS: There are degrees of RINOism afflicting our body politic, however.

since only a minority of republicans are actual conservatives, a conservative yardstick is not what defines a rino......

as previously stated, a rino is anyone who does not toe the party line and votes outside of what their party leaders tell them to......

so to determine who is a rino, just look at their voting record compared to how the majority of republicans voted and if you voted the opposite say 40% of the time, that person should be considered a rino......

There is no such thing. A Rino is anyone who steps out of lockstep with republicans. Period.

So, first you claim it doesn't exist, and then you identify them.

You aren't very good at this logic stuff, are you?

If Democrats identify a Republican they approve of, then he is a RINO.

A Republican In Name Only is a GOP politician and supporter who wants to live in pre-1900 America.

There is no such thing. A Rino is anyone who steps out of lockstep with republicans. Period.

Sooooo.....does that make Ronald Reagan a SUPER RINO?????

Nice attempt of a loaded question, but it's obviously a liberal republican, ala Olympia Snow.

BTW, democrats are just as unwilling to pass conservative legislation, than the GOP is liberal legislation.

Democrats have been denouncing Reagan for four decades.

Nice attempt of a loaded question, but it's obviously a liberal republican, ala Olympia Snow.

BTW, democrats are just as unwilling to pass conservative legislation, than the GOP is liberal legislation.

Even more so. How many Democrats voted against Obamacare? When their vote was needed, every single so-called "blue dog" Democrat dutifully voted for whatever Harry Reid and Nazi Pelosi told them to vote for.

A RINO is anyone who doesn't march lock-step with the far right wing of the Republican party.

Small Tent Republicans.

On the other hand, one can't make the same claim about so-called "blue dog" Democrats. They dutifully vote for whatever Nazi Pelosi and Harry Reid tell them to vote for.

I recently saw this posted by Bripat9643.......

"Worked across both sides of the aisle" is a euphemism meaning he's a RINO.

I have to wonder how many people would actually agree with that statement.

Does simply working in a bipartisan fashion on an issue automatically mean that a Republican is a RINO?

Now if you disagree with the above statement please state what YOUR definition of a RINO is.

IMO I would not only want, but would expect all members to work together to solve problems regardless of their political afffiliation.
A Rino is any Republican who is not a southern or midwestern social conservative Christian.

Why is it a "loaded question"? :confused:

And it's easy to see that there are many different opinions as to exactly what a RINO is which is exactly what I thought. I'm betting you'll find just as many if you were to ask what a DINO is....

Anyway, I didn't find anyone who agreed with Bripat so I can assume that he's in the minority on this?

Democrats have been denouncing Reagan for four decades.

Uhhh.....he probably would never have been elected POTUS if it weren't for the "Reagan Democrats", braniac.

Wanna try again?

Forum List

Back