What's Your Definition Of A RINO?

In today's world Ronald Reagan would be called a RINO!
He raised taxes as governor of California and as President of the US.
He gave amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants
He expanded the size of government
He wanted to eliminate nuclear weapons
He signed off on Abortion Rights legislation while governor of California
He limited free trade via trade barriers
He negotiated with Iran ala Iran-Contra

And they will still kuntinue to hail him as their CON$ervative god.

Last edited:
A Republican In Name Only are those wannabees to the Hard Right of Reagan who have perverted the GOP.

A Republican In Name Only are those wannabees to the Hard Right of Reagan who have perverted the GOP.

A RINO is a tool who might as well be a Democratic.

Fakey is a case in point.

Fakey claims (with no credibility) to be a Republican.

But the things he espouses are absolutely indistinguishable from the typical liberal Democrat position on those matters.

So, if he were (by highly unlikely chance) actually a member of the GOP, he might as well not be.

IF he were telling the truth (which nobody believes) when he pretends that he's a Republican, he would be the poster child of what is meant by RINO.

A RINO is a tool who might as well be a Democratic.

Fakey is a case in point.

Fakey claims (with no credibility) to be a Republican.

But the things he espouses are absolutely indistinguishable from the typical liberal Democrat position on those matters.

So, if he were (by highly unlikely chance) actually a member of the GOP, he might as well not be.

IF he were telling the truth (which nobody believes) when he pretends that he's a Republican, he would be the poster child of what is meant by RINO.
One of many poster boys...

I recently saw this posted by Bripat9643.......

"Worked across both sides of the aisle" is a euphemism meaning he's a RINO.

I have to wonder how many people would actually agree with that statement.

Does simply working in a bipartisan fashion on an issue automatically mean that a Republican is a RINO?

Now if you disagree with the above statement please state what YOUR definition of a RINO is.

IMO I would not only want, but would expect all members to work together to solve problems regardless of their political afffiliation.

that is just plain silly. Everyone knows that partisanship is far more important than solving our nations problems.

Partisanship does seem to be the prevailing problem in Washington. It is eating us alive.

Now if you disagree with the above statement please state what YOUR definition of a RINO is.

IMO I would not only want, but would expect all members to work together to solve problems regardless of their political afffiliation.

My definition is someone who claims to be a Republican, but believes in Democratic positions. Such as Mitt Romney (or atleast earlier versions) Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe.

What's Your Definition Of A RINO?

REAL REpublicans who do not live up to the expectations of crypto fascist political neophytes on the right wing fringe.

Don't tell me Olympia Snowe isn't a real Republican, kids.

Its the tools pandering to the internationalist wing of the GOP (like Koch) who don't understand what the GOP stands for.

I recently saw this posted by Bripat9643.......

I have to wonder how many people would actually agree with that statement.

Does simply working in a bipartisan fashion on an issue automatically mean that a Republican is a RINO?

that is just plain silly. Everyone knows that partisanship is far more important than solving our nations problems.

Partisanship does seem to be the prevailing problem in Washington. It is eating us alive.

Partisanship is great if it produces legislation and policy that actually produces more good than unintended negative consequences.

Every politicians should be fired, however, who engages in partisanship just to be able to claim to have accomplished something with a noble sounding title but in reality will produce far more in negative consequences than anything good.

We should expect our elected leaders to resist and fight against bad legislation as hard as they fight for good policy and law.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back