What's happened to us?

What happens was we became the enemy in the eyes of the world and in the eyes of thinking rational Americans.

Ahh... "thinking rational Americans" feel that American principles are their enemy...

What ya have there is PC code for LEFTISTS...

Again friends... a leftist comes to PROVE that: THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS.

They're 'not with us'... meaning that 'they're against us'...

We involved ourselves ourselves in Vietnam over a domino theory of fear and then lied about the corrupt South Vietnamese government.

Yes, we had the temerity to defend freedom... out of 'fear' that if we didn't defend freedom that it would be lost to those who were fearful OF FREEDOM.

Of course when the subversive left caused the US effort to defend freedom in SE Asia to fail, we saw that as was predicted, FREEDOM VANISHED FROM SE ASIA... where 3 million people were slaughtered in the killing fields BY those who the US left defended and PROMOTED... a fact which the left prefers not be discussed.

We engaged in clandestine illegal actions in too many nations where our sole interest was the status quo.

Again referring to US efforts to undermine the Leftist infiltration of allied nations... in defense of AMERICAN INTERESTS... IN DEFENSE OF FREEDOM. Meaning that such attempts makes AMERICA her enemy.

We allowed and supported Israel as they created an apartheid nation and looked the other way as they took over lands that were not legally theirs. We invaded Iraq over fear and hubris, and created a media of lies.

AGAIN! The US defends an ALLIE... America DEFENDS FREEDOM against tyranny... meaning that America is the enemy of what? Against the tyrannical... America is the enemy of Left-think and the feminized advocates of left-think... America is the enemy of LEFTISM.

A genuine patriot today would weep over their nations actions in-spite of the good we too have accomplished. Power corrupts and power in the hands of small men corrupts completely.

Here the leftist portrays the Leftist as a 'genuine Patriot'... Double speak which imparts the notion that only the ENEMIES OF AMERICA TRULY EMBIDY AMERICA... It's raw idiocy on parade.

We place halos on our heads as all people do and we forget our treatment of the American Indian or the Blacks who we brought over and made slaves. He without sin......

And here we find the leftist coming to compare American History and the imperfections within, to some unstated perfection, which she implies rests with the 'feelings' of the "genuine Patriots"... Patriots who are 100% responsible for the MURDER of 3 MILLION PEOPLE IN SE ASIA, the 25 Million people murdered in the Soviet Union and the MURDER OF 75 MILLION PEOPLE IN COMMUNIST CHINA... add to that the hundreds of thousands murdered in Communist Cuba; the crimes of all which amounted to their simple contest of the LEFT-THINK policies which contested THEIR FREEDOM.

Maybe what happened was we started to be honest, to see things as they are, and not how we dream or imagine them to be. Maybe we are on a path to reason, maybe....

What you're on the path towards is civil war; a WAR against your enemy: THE AMERICANS.

THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

Willow, while I believe your right about the expectations for nothing these days, I can't help but think that deep down Americans are still the same hard working liberty minded people they always were. The problem is that a lot of young people simply don't know much about the country in which they live, and as long as it's visually pleasing and is the "in" thing to do then they go along with it. It starts with education and that begins at home. Too many parents expect schools and the State to do that for them these days as well. Once we teach young people what it means to be self reliant, then they will realize what it means to live in country where anything is possible though hard work and sacrifice. I submit Willow it's only too late when you give up, no matter who is in power at the moment or no matter what the latest trends are. Remember "pet rocks" didn't last all that long!!

This is such a telling video. Thousands of NY'ers pouring ticker tape all over famed General Douglas McArthur after his return from the Korean War in 1951.

When was the last time that we were engaged in a war that had a definitive end where we were the victors and the opposing side surrendered in defeat.

In this day and age, it seems like when we fight a war, it carries on for ever and no one really knows when it ends and who the winner is.

Thus, no parades.

ROFL...

The Korean War was not a definitive end... It did NOT END... It's still going ON.

The question is answered by simply pointing to the history of the UN...

WW2 was the last decisive victory... and while McCarther could have finished the Korean War... which would have solved most of the problems we're facing today with that communist hold out... and with China as well; the mamby pamby leftists; the enlightened moderate-centrists who pose that negotiation is ALWAYS preferred to war, have given the world most of the lingering failures SINCE WW2.

Americans loved McCarther because he was a DECISIVE LEADER... He wasn't interested in 'listening to the enemy'... His interests, with regard ot the enemy was limited to finding out where they were, so he could KILL THEM. McCarther understood the very simple principle that where the opposition has settled on killing YOU, then any negotiation is limited to the simple proposition of the level of surrender your prepared to offer to prevent them from doing so.

And that is what America is missing today... An individual who can stand over the anti-American drone of the common media; who wants to frame, as is demonstrated above, that an American point of view is parochial and somehow unfair.

Ahh... LOOK! The feminine perspective that 'it's just not fair, to assess responsibility...'

OKA: Part of the PROBLEM.

Really ... so this going back and forth saying the "left" this and the "right" that is really fixing things ... seemed to work so well during the last 10 years, may as well keep going huh?

Stupid fucking cat:eusa_whistle:

funny-pictures-evil-cat-creates-nightmares.jpg

YouTube - 1951 General McArthur Big Parade in New York

This is such a telling video. Thousands of NY'ers pouring ticker tape all over famed General Douglas McArthur after his return from the Korean War in 1951. Today our military faces liberal, left wing protestors who spit at them and left-wing organizations like the ACLU and Human Rights Watch that think the people who go to war against a country should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Today, we punish the good, like Israel and the US and the military and honest taxpayers who have paid their mortgage on time, and we reward the bad like the Arab countries, people who skip out on their loan, the "Palestinians." If a four-star general returned home from war today, he would barely be recoginzed by anyone. Countries such as Iran and North Korea are threatening their neighbors and the United States is powerless to stop them. Why? Not because our military isn't the best and brightest in the world, but because no one cares anymore.

What's happened to us? As a society why do we reward the bad and punish the good? Do good and evil even exist in people's vocabularies anymore? What's happened to us? What's wrong with our society?

Arn't we lucky? We even have dual citizenship here as well in the United States. I get a kick out of they who wrap them selves with an American flag on the out side and when you flip their flag over.....Wallah! Holy mackerel king fish! What do we have here?

As to good and evil, do you think evil knows it's sellf?! Consider:

Yesterday men knew good and evil. They have past away.:clap2:

Today we too know good and evil and fancy ourselves to be superior to they who lived before.:lol: That which was called evil in the past is stilled call evil. But the good has been diminished. Much of that which was called good yesterday is still called good but some of the yesterday good is now call evil. We have evolved.:lol:

Tomorrow who knows? Do we become as gods!:eusa_whistle:

Willow, while I believe your right about the expectations for nothing these days, I can't help but think that deep down Americans are still the same hard working liberty minded people they always were. The problem is that a lot of young people simply don't know much about the country in which they live, and as long as it's visually pleasing and is the "in" thing to do then they go along with it. It starts with education and that begins at home. Too many parents expect schools and the State to do that for them these days as well. Once we teach young people what it means to be self reliant, then they will realize what it means to live in country where anything is possible though hard work and sacrifice. I submit Willow it's only too late when you give up, no matter who is in power at the moment or no matter what the latest trends are. Remember "pet rocks" didn't last all that long!!

I know what you are saying and I admit to getting low sometimes, I have a friend whose son arrived home fresh from his liberal college education bitching a blue streak about America and how evil she is bla bla bla you know all the progressive bs you hear every day?? know what she did?? she took his butt into the den and said here, I'm gonna spin this globe and you put your finger down where it is you want to live.. then you get a one way ticket.. :lol:

Hmm, Japan and Hawaii on 'this continent'? It's been difficult to figure if US is actually or has been after 'empire' or is just after hegemony; however that it's long been 'involved' and to a real extent controlling of other nations is not something that began AFTER WWII.

Global trade, trade treaties made us even more vulnerable to our government's empire reach I think.....

Then all the big guys and corporations started lobbying congress more than ever before, to benefit themselves with the global trade and global banking.....then they did not need us Americans, anymore, to make them the wealthiest ever....they just needed Congress to pave the way... imo.

Care

And you would be correct, which is why trickle down did not work this time 'round. Investments went overseas, not in American industry.

which Clinton and Obama both support.

some people don't understand the difference between wars for liberty (there hasn't been one since WWII) and wars of choice....

All wars are by choice, you fool. repeating the 'bama's words like a parrot savant doesn't make you look smart

If thats the case it sounds to me it worked exactly as it should be. You see jobs were created for poverty stricken people.

Were jobs created in a manner that is beneficial to their people, or are they expoited as cheap labor in nations controlled by tyrants (eg: China) in the modern neo-colonial marketplace?

The problem you have is you seem to be stuck on this notion that only Americans are allowed to work. Somehow we are entitled to all the jobs.

You fail to understand that it is necessary to put one's self and own before others in order to ensure survival and prosperity. The Utopian world society never existed and never will so long as the nature of Mankind remains unchanged

Of course, you also ignore the fact that we wouldnt be shipping jobs overseas if government stopped artificially raising costs in all major industries.

Read a history book. Read what happened to China and Japan when the Western powers started exporting cheap goods (around the same time as the Opium Wars). The roles may have switched, but the story is the same. Let's just hope we can make a few changes before we end up repeating history like a bunch of fucking morons.

The ultimate problem with our country, the one that has begun destroying us, the one that has caused corporations to fail, the one that has demonized everything ....

There is only one problem: blaming the mythical "left" or "right" for all our problems.

Really ... so this going back and forth saying the "left" this and the "right" that is really fixing things ... seemed to work so well during the last 10 years, may as well keep going huh?

Stupid fucking cat:eusa_whistle:

funny-pictures-evil-cat-creates-nightmares.jpg

Right.. go and prove him right... :rolleyes:

Silly little man!

I think you missed the point

Why did they stop caring?

selfishness instead of selflessness.... greed.....imo, lead to the waxed cold feelings of society today....the me, me, me, me verses the "what can I do for my country",

Plus the removal of the family unit, due to the falling apart of the family farm and the industrial revolution's expansion...spreading to cities and regions, that drew the kids away from the farm, with machines to take their place....this made people more dependent on strangers or the government, than "family" because families were split hundreds to thousands of miles apart.

Wow, I really like that concise and accurate explanation. I usually try to say the same thing but it winds up taking book-length form! The only other thing I would add would be the necessary of women entering the workforce during WWII, which gradually increased over the following decades as also contributing to the demise of the family unit.
yes taking moms away from instilling the goodness that MOST moms have on their kids did not help....when i was a kid 95% of the moms were at home, and ,at least were i was,kept their kids in line.....now to many kids are at home by themselves OR with some friends for a few hours,and when no one is in charge......

I'm sorry and very unlike me to post again, but I am:

The Korean vets weren't 'cheered' or anything like that. For the most part, the issue of POW's was ignored at home, well except for families of course. Heck for the most part, even today they are just getting around to giving them the medals they earned back then-even posthumously.

The 10's and 20's weren't all that different than the 60's regarding reaction to a war that people didn't want. The war ended before there were mass demonstrations, but the 20's politically and socially showed the tsunami the war caused.

As for Editec's comment, we are no more or less an 'empire' today than we were in the late 19th C., perhaps less upon seconds of reflection.

I can think of no wars, with the exceptions of the Revolutionary War and WWII where in the main, most Americans thought were justified. Again with a few seconds, even the Revolutionary War there was not consensus, it was more the elite chose to cause a reaction by the Brits. The entrance to WWII was also manipulated by the blockade of steel and oil to Japan, though that action had some backing by the people, who didn't see the natural outcome of war, to that action. Once Pearl happened, FDR didn't have a problem with the entrance to the war, even though most probably hadn't a clue to where Hawaii was at the time.

Silly little man!

If there are no leftist Americans, then the population of America is 1...just PI.

Really Sis? So all US Citizens are leftists? (Anyone see that comin'? And they say that the media subversion isn't effective propaganda...)

Well why don't ya do this...

You've clearly taken the position that the ideological left is perfectly suited to America; and presumably that the principles advocated through left-think in no way competes with the principles on which America rests...

So it should not be a problem at all for someone who believes such to post say three principles of left-think which adhere to the principles on which America rests.

Now friends, let's be honest... neither this addle minded fool, nor any other 'left-feeler' can cite ANY principle of left-think which syncs in ANY WAY with American principles.

The reason is of course that the ideological left doesn't rest upon ANY PRINCIPLES... they simply believe that "America" as a concept can be anything to anyone... That "America" doesn't mean shit... and if they want America to be a failing progressive state of a declining economic opportunities, with no discernible cultural morality... than THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE.

Now go to work Xo... we've seen you do your Sig thing... now use the fertile imagination to form a lucid, cogent, reasoned argument.

Last edited:
Good answer, but I'm not so sure about the "repenting" stuff. One would think that if there really is a God and you believe that repenting is what will fix everything, then you would also have to believe that God is very much aware of the current state of affairs on His Earth. So if He's directing the show and it's gotten so awful, why doesn't he do something about all the evil in His World? Why were 35 innocent Mexican children badly burned in a fire yesterday? Was it because they hadn't "repented"??

Maggie...im not tremendously religious but i used to live with this indiv.who at one time in his life HAD to read the bible and discuss it.....but he said HE was told about why this happens,is this.....when Satan challenged Mans integrity in front of God And the denizens of "HEAVEN"...which is what a lot of this Satan getting the boot from heaven is about...our integrity and why he is so enamered with us.....he said that without God giving man all that he needs they will eventually spit in his face.....God told him he was wrong,and that the vast majority of Humans have INTEGRITY with or without him there....with the beings of "heaven" looking on and wondering if this is true or not....."GOD" had to make a decision to prove mans integrity....so the story goes for a short while (in their time frame) he will turn his back on us,and what happens will happen good or bad....BUT...Satan is limited as to what he also can do to influence us.....so there it is....nice story isnt it....:razz:...

Forum List

Back