What's happened to us?

People stopped caring and forgot what liberty means and those who fought and still fight to ensure it

Yup ... complacent and lazy ... for the most part.

Its no different than 911 its worn off for some already, but like 911 this economy woke people up as well, but will it keep them awake and active?

It is called Entitlements and a cradle to grave system. The Liberals want to , and have forced most of it on us, create a society where everyone is beholding to the State so they can stay in power.

This entitlement bullshit is what weakened and destroyed Rome.

Ya think? You need some serious ancient history lessons. Rome fell because Julius Caeser overreached, being one of the first to attempt to install Rome and himself as World Leader.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? This is what I have done."
-* Julius Caesar****

And, of course, he was wrong.

rome was around for 500 years after caesar crossed the rubicon.
rome was the western
world leader for all of that time.

what's your point?

What's yours? Where in Roman history does it discuss that Rome provided for all its citizenry at government expense? I can assure you, it didn't according to my history books. There were four distinct levels of class within the Roman Empire.

I suspect that after the war,, the "greatest generation" came home. mind you, we were just a few years past the great depression, but they didn't whine,, they rolled up their sleeves,, took mama outta the airplane and ship factories and put her back in the bedroom and made some babies, lots of babies and the men went back to work and to school,, and between 1945 and 1969 they put a man on the moon built the worlds best car, hamburger pizza pie, and moonpies too,, God we were good..65 years we've had of really quality living in the USA all built by determined people. so now,, here we are,, all these people are in their mid eighties and the democrwats mock them now as being useless and old irrelevant and "white" can't wait til they die( these olde people are the "hard choiches" the liberals are talking) about so they can register more illegal democrats.. These people's children are getting ready to retire in large large numbers,and these boomers have raised an entire generation of "me" people, give it to me,, I am entitled.. we are now in the golden age of marxism,, we take everthing you've ever worked for (don't believe me? look at the inheritence tax) and we give it to people who haven't worked for it.. they are too busy not working,at playing video games, buying 500 dollar sneakers..hanging out at the mall and and bla bla bla.. the America you once knew is gone, thanks in large part to liberalism and the ACLU..We seem to have handed away our liberty Kerry On!

:wtf: Another WTF?! moment with our resident *genius* WillowTree.

course dear libral,, you haven't been here long enough,, post election there was thread after thread after thread after thread telling us how insignificant old white people were,, yea,, right up to the tea parties.. now gently insert your head back up your azz and take a snooze!

What? No YouTube "proof"?? You're slippin' baby.

:wtf: Another WTF?! moment with our resident *genius* WillowTree.

course dear libral,, you haven't been here long enough,, post election there was thread after thread after thread after thread telling us how insignificant old white people were,, yea,, right up to the tea parties.. now gently insert your head back up your azz and take a snooze!

:lol::lol: waked up a little cranky today HUH,, wassamatter,? you didn't wanna see that Iraq vet getting spit on????

And you would be correct, which is why trickle down did not work this time 'round. Investments went overseas, not in American industry.

If thats the case it sounds to me it worked exactly as it should be. You see jobs were created for poverty stricken people.

The problem you have is you seem to be stuck on this notion that only Americans are allowed to work. Somehow we are entitled to all the jobs.

Of course, you also ignore the fact that we wouldnt be shipping jobs overseas if government stopped artificially raising costs in all major industries.

And here I thought you got it. American jobs were lost to overseas industries; entire American industries were wiped out; entire communities wiped out because of it. Hello? And you also need to recognize that in the 90s, wages kept pace with costs which shoots major holes in your theory that costs were "artificially" imposed. The problem was, and I blame both Clinton and Bush 41, is opening up trade carte blanche and neglecting to have their administrations follow through on the failsafe provisions in the trade agreements which would have protected the American worker at the same time as providing an expansion of employment to the partner nation. The rest is history. All you need to do is look at the trade DEFICIT, which was never intended.

The 60's era of angry hippies is over. Time you got over it too.

Here's a head's up for you.

The era of the angry hippie never happened.

I was there in uniform at the time...I know.

Another right wing myth setting out to dsicredit the antiwar movement, I'm afraid.

Oh and to discredit the many veterans who were ALSO opposed to that war, too, of course.

I'll tell you who basically treated the Vietnam vets like crap...WWII American legion and VFW vet losers, and the media, mostly.

For a while every other film about a returning Viet Nam made them out to be psychotic killers (like Rambo, for example) and drug addicted losers

Utter bullshit, of course

But as to the returning vets getting spit on by hippi nonsense?

That's basically total bullshit.

By the time most Viet Nam vets came hope they WERE hippies, folks.

Only they were the angry hippies and believe me they were NOT spitting on themselves or former comrades in arms, either.

Last edited:

:lol::lol: waked up a little cranky today HUH,, wassamatter,? you didn't wanna see that Iraq vet getting spit on????

One reason I sometimes seem cranky is when I arrive at this board to see that you've had your fat ass glued to it for the last 24 hours. The only reason I don't put you on ignore is because eventually you actually make me laugh with your truly foolish comments. It's always with great anticipation to see what enormous contribution you have to make IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD.

The ultimate problem with our country, the one that has begun destroying us, the one that has caused corporations to fail, the one that has demonized everything ....

There is only one problem: blaming the mythical "left" or "right" for all our problems.

One reason I sometimes seem cranky is when I arrive at this board to see that you've had your fat ass glued to it for the last 24 hours. The only reason I don't put you on ignore is because eventually you actually make me laugh with your truly foolish comments. It's always with great anticipation to see what enormous contribution you have to make IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD.

see? that's totally none of your fucking businness where my fat ass is or isn't parked or glued,, and for how fucking long, bitch,, so if you ain't man enough to put me on ignore go fuck yourself.. or have another temper tantrumm everybody gets a kick outta that.. now go gently instert your head back up yer azz,, look for a polyp or two since you are even too damn dumb to understand what a colonoscopy is,, I bet you don't even know what "is" is .. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another right wing myth setting out to dsicredit the antiwar movement, I'm afraid.

Oh and to discredit the many veterans who were ALSO opposed to that war, too, of course.

I'll tell you who basically treated the Vietnam vets like crap...WWII American legion and VFW vet losers, and the media, mostly.

For a while every other film about a returning Viet Nam made them out to be psychotic killers (like Rambo, for example) and drug addicted losers

Only they were the angry hippies and believe me they were NOT spitting on themselves or former comrades in arms, either.

You are either ignorant, stupid or not old enough to know better. I was old enough to know what was going on and my Father was a Viet Nam Vet, he went twice. Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else.

Oh and to discredit the many veterans who were ALSO opposed to that way, too, of course.

Only they were angry hippies and believe me they were NOT spitting on themselves or former comrades in arms, either.

How true. I lost an uncle to the streets of Seattle, an alcoholic and drug addict. When he got home from Nam, he tried to integrate back into the family that loved him, but once he started talking about incidents, he just couldn't handle the memories. The movie that literally sent him packing for places unknown was "Apocalypse Now."

see? that's totally none of your fucking businness where my fat ass is or isn't parked or glued,, and for how fucking long, bitch,, so if you ain't man enough to put me on ignore go fuck yourself.. or have another temper tantrumm everybody gets a kick outta that.. now go gently instert your head back up yer azz,, look for a polyp or two since you are even too damn dumb to understand what a colonoscopy is,, I bet you don't even know what "is" is .. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for that. I rest my case!! :clap2:
ROFLMAO!

Thanks for that. I rest my case!! :clap2:
ROFLMAO!

you don't have a case bitch,, but keep telling yerself that,,

Oh and to discredit the many veterans who were ALSO opposed to that way, too, of course.

Only they were angry hippies and believe me they were NOT spitting on themselves or former comrades in arms, either.

How true. I lost an uncle to the streets of Seattle, an alcoholic and drug addict. When he got home from Nam, he tried to integrate back into the family that loved him, but once he started talking about incidents, he just couldn't handle the memories. The movie that literally sent him packing for places unknown was "Apocalypse Now."

And MY FATHER had no trouble at all. After 2 tours in Viet Nam. He continued to serve in the Army til retirement. He was a Sgt in Vietnam BOTH times and got so badly wounded on the second tour he spent 3 months in Japan in a hospital where they were not sure he would live or die.

He was an alcoholic, but Vietnam didn't do that. He was never a druggie and he did not have violent flash backs.

He was a Grunt, He spent his time on patrol and doing major operations. No stories at all about atrocities or out of control American troops. That is pure Hollywood BULLSHIT.

The 'family unit' was in pretty good shape throughout the first half of the 20th C., nearly all of which was non-agrarian economically. It was the family unit for the most part that saved individuals throughout the depression.

However much I admire Jefferson, blaming the economic engine is unlikely as a source for good or evil.

you are right that it wasn't just one thing...but wrong imo to leave out all possibilities of being spokes in the wheel that rolled downwards....

What are some of your ideas Annie, on why people don't care and how we evolved to that point...?

Care

The destruction of the American Family began in earnest in the 60's with the Liberal agenda. Now a days your children have more rights then the parents, or rather the Government uses the courts to make it so. Illegal Courts I might add. Family Courts are ILLEGAL. They do not assume innocent till proven guilty at all. They deny you the right to a trial by your peers as well. Further they claim they can do this because they are not criminal in nature, yet they take your children, they take your money and can lead to imprisonment.

I think it began way before that rgs...not that your thoughts on this have no merit, because I believe they do and this too could be another spoke in that wheel to the destruction, of feelings and caring that comes with the family unit.

care

I'm going to be a little contrary on this one, I believe that the American spirit is alive and still in the hearts of Americans. I believe that Americans are as capable as the generations that came before them. I see it everyday in my daughter and her friends and marvel at the intelligent way these kids carry themselves and it gives me hope that all is not lost. I do believe that Americans rather than become a nation of problem solvers and a nation with vision has handed that ability to a Govt. to do that for them. Who's at fault you ask? it's a society that teaches young people it's okay to want without earning, and expect without doing. Americans do have the aiblity to change the course of this nation and take back what has become stagnant, all they need to do is just get off their collective asses and do so. This nation is not lost , and will never give up on it no matter what or who is in power. Americans need to demand more from those who represent them and STOP voting for the SAME people year after year and then complain that the country is on the wrong track. Democrat and Republican have both sat back on their collective hands and watched as industry after industry moved offshore, Steele, Textiles, High Tech, etc.. all for various reasons taxes, environmental restrictions, high wages. This nation has become one of factions of special interests rather than a nation bound by the concepts of liberty and hard work. If we wish to recapture those and I submit that spirit is alive in America then it's time to not look to others to solve our own problems and that inculdes our Govt. and solve them ourselves.

I'm going to be a little contrary on this one, I believe that the American spirit is alive and still in the hearts of Americans. I believe that Americans are as capable as the generations that came before them. I see it everyday in my daughter and her friends and marvel at the intelligent way these kids carry themselves and it gives me hope that all is not lost. I do believe that Americans rather than become a nation of problem solvers and a nation with vision has handed that ability to a Govt. to do that for them. Who's at fault you ask? it's a society that teaches young people it's okay to want without earning, and expect without doing. Americans do have the aiblity to change the course of this nation and take back what has become stagnant, all they need to do is just get off their collective asses and do so. This nation is not lost , and will never give up on it no matter what or who is in power. Americans need to demand more from those who represent them and STOP voting for the SAME people year after year and then complain that the country is on the wrong track. Democrat and Republican have both sat back on their collective hands and watched as industry after industry moved offshore, Steele, Textiles, High Tech, etc.. all for various reasons taxes, environmental restrictions, high wages. This nation has become one of factions of special interests rather than a nation bound by the concepts of liberty and hard work. If we wish to recapture those and I submit that spirit is alive in America then it's time to not look to others to solve our own problems and that inculdes our Govt. and solve them ourselves.

Navy,, the secular progressives have moved in.. that's the "blame America first crowd." They don't want America as you and I knew it.. they want this nation "transformed" (obama's word) we are on a fast track to the nanny state, it's all about robbing the rich and redistributing to the poor.. notice no one on the lefts asks the poor to work? or pay federal income tax??? yep,, the boomers gave birth to the gimme gimme crowd.. I personally think,, it's too late. we shall see.

YouTube - 1951 General McArthur Big Parade in New York

This is such a telling video. Thousands of NY'ers pouring ticker tape all over famed General Douglas McArthur after his return from the Korean War in 1951. Today our military faces liberal, left wing protestors who spit at them and left-wing organizations like the ACLU and Human Rights Watch that think the people who go to war against a country should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Today, we punish the good, like Israel and the US and the military and honest taxpayers who have paid their mortgage on time, and we reward the bad like the Arab countries, people who skip out on their loan, the "Palestinians." If a four-star general returned home from war today, he would barely be recoginzed by anyone. Countries such as Iran and North Korea are threatening their neighbors and the United States is powerless to stop them. Why? Not because our military isn't the best and brightest in the world, but because no one cares anymore.

What's happened to us? As a society why do we reward the bad and punish the good? Do good and evil even exist in people's vocabularies anymore? What's happened to us? What's wrong with our society?

Oh that's easy...

What happened to the US is that the US has been successfully infiltrated and feminized by the ideological left; a subversion which has resulted in the feminization of people such as yourself DavidS... people who advocate for individuals such as King Hussein of the US who implement policy destructive to the US and stand in direct competition with the principles which DEFINE: AMERICA.

Which stands as the reasoning which informs us that THERE ARE NO LEFTIST AMERICANS!

Last edited:
Ya think? You need some serious ancient history lessons. Rome fell because Julius Caeser overreached, being one of the first to attempt to install Rome and himself as World Leader.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? This is what I have done."
-* Julius Caesar****

And, of course, he was wrong.

rome was around for 500 years after caesar crossed the rubicon.
rome was the western
world leader for all of that time.

what's your point?

What's yours? Where in Roman history does it discuss that Rome provided for all its citizenry at government expense? I can assure you, it didn't according to my history books. There were four distinct levels of class within the Roman Empire.

and that has what to do with your assertion that julius caesar caused the fall of rome?

hello?

This is such a telling video. Thousands of NY'ers pouring ticker tape all over famed General Douglas McArthur after his return from the Korean War in 1951.

When was the last time that we were engaged in a war that had a definitive end where we were the victors and the opposing side surrendered in defeat.

In this day and age, it seems like when we fight a war, it carries on for ever and no one really knows when it ends and who the winner is.

Thus, no parades.

Forum List

Back