What year did "the parties switch sides?"

When did the "Parties Switch Sides"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Whenever its convenient

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Progressives keep trying to escape their racist past (present and future) by making the bizarre claim that the democrat party, the party of the KKK, southern slaves, the Tuskegee Experiments, a President who wouldn't shake the hand of Jesse Owens, the planned parenthood black eugenics party, the "I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 2 hundit (hundred with LBJ southern accent) years" party, were actually all done by Republicans because the "parties switched sides"

When did this happen or is this just another Progressive Goebbelesque Big Lie, like Sen Joe McCarthy using his House Unamerican Activities Committee to blacklist innocent Hollywood communists.

Frank this type of sophistry rarely convinces anyone who does not seek verification of an already closed mind.

History tells us that the 1948 General Election began the metamorphose of both parties. The passage of the Civil Right Act of 1964 was another part of the process as was the mind set of Gov's Wallace and Maddox, and Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Democrats who voted for the Dixiecrats in '48, later left the Democratic Party and drifted into The American Independent Party, and when Wallace lost became Republicans.

thus your effort to convince the reader that every Democrat from Truman to Obama was a racist and disregard the history of the civil rights movement.

Q. How did IKE fall on this thorny issue?

A. Eisenhower and the Little Rock Crisis

You do realize that YOU are a bigot, right?

Yep. Not in the conventional sense, though. I do not tolerate liars, assholes, bullies, punks, racists, misogynists, xenophobes and homophobes. I also find Eagle and Cowboy fans obnoxious and pugnacious as well as those who can't hold their liquor.

I don't judge people by their color, religion, ethncity or appearance and don't care what people do in the privacy of their own home or in public when they harm no one but themselves.

Lastly I do not understand how anyone can continue to support Donald Trump, who has all the characteristics of those in the first paragraph I cannot tolerate.

LOL, notice how you SWITCHED topics! Gee, wonder why-) Your side did all the racist bullshit, and if black America finds out, you are all under the bus-)

I do not tolerate fools either, learn how to read with comprehension; it's too bad you left school before the 4th grade, but life is all about personal responsibility, isn't it.
Progressives keep trying to escape their racist past (present and future) by making the bizarre claim that the democrat party, the party of the KKK, southern slaves, the Tuskegee Experiments, a President who wouldn't shake the hand of Jesse Owens, the planned parenthood black eugenics party, the "I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 2 hundit (hundred with LBJ southern accent) years" party, were actually all done by Republicans because the "parties switched sides"

When did this happen or is this just another Progressive Goebbelesque Big Lie, like Sen Joe McCarthy using his House Unamerican Activities Committee to blacklist innocent Hollywood communists.

Frank this type of sophistry rarely convinces anyone who does not seek verification of an already closed mind.

History tells us that the 1948 General Election began the metamorphose of both parties. The passage of the Civil Right Act of 1964 was another part of the process as was the mind set of Gov's Wallace and Maddox, and Nixon's Southern Strategy.

Democrats who voted for the Dixiecrats in '48, later left the Democratic Party and drifted into The American Independent Party, and when Wallace lost became Republicans.

thus your effort to convince the reader that every Democrat from Truman to Obama was a racist and disregard the history of the civil rights movement.

Yep. Not in the conventional sense, though. I do not tolerate liars, assholes, bullies, punks, racists, misogynists, xenophobes and homophobes. I also find Eagle and Cowboy fans obnoxious and pugnacious as well as those who can't hold their liquor.

I don't judge people by their color, religion, ethncity or appearance and don't care what people do in the privacy of their own home or in public when they harm no one but themselves.

Lastly I do not understand how anyone can continue to support Donald Trump, who has all the characteristics of those in the first paragraph I cannot tolerate.

LOL, notice how you SWITCHED topics! Gee, wonder why-) Your side did all the racist bullshit, and if black America finds out, you are all under the bus-)

I do not tolerate fools either, learn how to read with comprehension; it's too bad you left school before the 4th grade, but life is all about personal responsibility, isn't it.

You don't even know what "tolerance" is son.

Many said and say the same about the Messiah. You know, the guy who was going to heal the Planet?

"Many"? I suppose you mean, according to the canonical gospels, Jesus was arrested and tried by the Sanhedrin, and then sentenced by Pontius Pilate to be scourged, and finally crucified by the Romans.

We might consider them to be Callous Conservatives.

I'm not your son asshole and I know what callousness is, and that is the current conservative coterie.

Ike proposed a civil rights bill that Senate Majority leader LBJ killed in the Senate. It only passed once he became President and the media convinced everyone LBJ was no longer a racist but never mentioned that it was really Ikes bill that was passed

His "Great Society" destroyed the black nuclear family, replacing the Male head of household with a government check and tying the family to the democrat party as if their lives depended upon it.
What Civil Rights bill was that, Dupe?
Eisenhower Civil Rights bill - Google Search

Actually they passed it 1957. Eisenhower himself was an independent.
And the rest of your post is total crap...

Poor Frank, busted again: LBJ recognized the realpolitik in 1957 but didn't kill the bill, one noteworthy point is that Strom Thurmond gave the longest one person filibuster.

The final vote in the Senate and the H. of Rep. by party is in this link:

Civil Rights Act of 1957 - Wikipedia

Phony-baloney. Tell all these nice people who were shooting Black Americans with water cannons. Want me to post pictures, and who they were, you racist frump-! You far Leftists need to be shown for who you really were...…….racist bast**** who lynched people for the amount of melanin in their skin.
What far leftists?

Poor Frank, busted again: LBJ recognized the realpolitik in 1957 but didn't kill the bill, one noteworthy point is that Strom Thurmond gave the longest one person filibuster.

Phony-baloney. Tell all these nice people who were shooting Black Americans with water cannons. Want me to post pictures, and who they were, you racist frump-! You far Leftists need to be shown for who you really were...…….racist bast**** who lynched people for the amount of melanin in their skin.

This is a bit nutty... Southern conservatives Were always Democrats because they hated Lincoln.. then they started switching to Republican after the Civil Rights Act from from 1966 until 1984. All Southern conservatives are now Republicans d u h.

What happened in 1984?

"Big Brother" came to America?

Seriously - 1984 - Wikipedia

More seriously:

Text of H.R. 3398 (98th): Omnibus Tariff and Trade Act of 1984 (Passed Congress version) - GovTrack.us

So the Parties switched back again?

You're seriously trying to make sense of Francos post?

Ike proposed a civil rights bill that Senate Majority leader LBJ killed in the Senate. It only passed once he became President and the media convinced everyone LBJ was no longer a racist but never mentioned that it was really Ikes bill that was passed

His "Great Society" destroyed the black nuclear family, replacing the Male head of household with a government check and tying the family to the democrat party as if their lives depended upon it.

What far leftists?

The one's he described who were Dixiecrat's before they became Republicans.

Many Dem voters switched under Reagan, and then more Dems switched to the GOP under Clinton, and I think that Obama has also caused more Dems to switch parties.

Ok I got it. In 1964 democrats switched to Republican, then in 1984 they became double secret Republicans

Many Dem voters switched under Reagan, and then more Dems switched to the GOP under Clinton, and I think that Obama has also caused more Dems to switch parties.

Wishful thinking ^^^. There are fewer and fewer registered members of the R party, and more former R's have dropped a party affiliation and are Independents. And, that is because the current R leadership is too ideological and too incompetent and unable to represent 300 + diverse citizens, and please the those who fund them (global corporations, Wall Street Brokers, Big Banks, Big Insurance, Big Farma and Big Pharma.

I'm not your son asshole and I know what callousness is, and that is the current conservative coterie.

And we know what incompetence is, and you are the poster child for it. Get an education over 3rd grade incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial type person-)

Ok I got it. In 1964 democrats switched to Republican, then in 1984 they became double secret Republicans

Oh yes Frank, the Left has to figure a way to blame racism on everyone but who they look in the mirror at every single morning. Notice, how most of them resemble Chucky Shmucky, and Fancy Nancy. They lie like them too!

Wishful thinking ^^^. There are fewer and fewer registered members of the R party, and more former R's have dropped a party affiliation and are Independents. And, that is because the current R leadership is too ideological and too incompetent and unable to represent 300 + diverse citizens, and please the those who fund them (global corporations, Wall Street Brokers, Big Banks, Big Insurance, Big Farma and Big Pharma.

Why do you insist on showing everyone how stupid you really are? Your entire list applies to both parties. Obama and the Hildabitch were/are corporate whores. For one who thinks so highly of himself you sure don't show any real intellectual ability at all.

They haven't switch sides the Democrats have always wanted to give America away to foreigners

I'm afraid you're wrong, very wrong.

Progressives/Liberals/Leftists believe in certain socio-political maxims that include, but are not limited to, civil rights for all Americans regardless of race, gender or sexual identification. Protections for consumers and workers by having a government that acts as a Newtonian counterweight to the powers of corporations.

On the other hand, Regressives/Conservatives/Readtionaries believe in differing maxims. These include, but are not limited to, reservation of civil rights due to the social changes they may or not bring. Unfettered power of private corporations because those corporations provide jobs. This means smaller, less intrusive government, unless that government is used to forward a social agenda that includes some form of repression.

Now we have two distinct political parties: the Democrats and the Republicans. These two parties have historically have been held by either the Progressives or the Comservatives. Occasionally, the Republican Party has made progressive moves while in power. The Democrats have hosted many, particularly Southern members, who have actively opposed civil rights.

So it's a bad idea to identify one political party as either Progressive or Conservative. A,erican political parties have a nasty tendency to purge their own members who are no longer sufficiently Conservative or Liberal enough to suit the agenda of the party as they see it. Today the Republican Party is going through the second great political purge of this young century. They first purge was the Tea Party purge of 2009-2014.

Republican incumbents and stalwarts were purged for being RINOs. Today's purge has more to do with a personality cult built around Donald Trump.

In 1972, during the candidacy of Sen. George McGovern (D) South Dakota for the Presidency, the Democrats went through a similar political purge ridding the party of those Right of Center. This gave shunned pols to jump to the GOP.

Pointing at old newsreel footage of oracle riots in the south during the 1960s and saying "See! Liberals are cracking heads!" betrays an ignorance of history, sociology and American political ideology. It's easier for those of us who actually lived during that tumultuous time to understand.

Big difference in my book from a progressive/liberal and a leftist. I like liberals/progressives and dislike the left-wingers. Same holds true with a conservative and a righty. I like conservatives dislike right-wingers.
By 'right wingers', are we talking about the Alt-Right? And by Left-Wingers, are we talking about Antifa?
That sounds about right. When did Fox and Rush stop assassinating the character of liberals and start calling them leftists?
That sounded almost rational and completely out of character, Progduppe
I am always right and I never lie thank you very much...

I'm afraid you're wrong, very wrong.

Progressives/Liberals/Leftists believe in certain socio-political maxims that include, but are not limited to, civil rights for all Americans regardless of race, gender or sexual identification. Protections for consumers and workers by having a government that acts as a Newtonian counterweight to the powers of corporations.

On the other hand, Regressives/Conservatives/Readtionaries believe in differing maxims. These include, but are not limited to, reservation of civil rights due to the social changes they may or not bring. Unfettered power of private corporations because those corporations provide jobs. This means smaller, less intrusive government, unless that government is used to forward a social agenda that includes some form of repression.

Now we have two distinct political parties: the Democrats and the Republicans. These two parties have historically have been held by either the Progressives or the Comservatives. Occasionally, the Republican Party has made progressive moves while in power. The Democrats have hosted many, particularly Southern members, who have actively opposed civil rights.

So it's a bad idea to identify one political party as either Progressive or Conservative. A,erican political parties have a nasty tendency to purge their own members who are no longer sufficiently Conservative or Liberal enough to suit the agenda of the party as they see it. Today the Republican Party is going through the second great political purge of this young century. They first purge was the Tea Party purge of 2009-2014.

Republican incumbents and stalwarts were purged for being RINOs. Today's purge has more to do with a personality cult built around Donald Trump.

In 1972, during the candidacy of Sen. George McGovern (D) South Dakota for the Presidency, the Democrats went through a similar political purge ridding the party of those Right of Center. This gave shunned pols to jump to the GOP.

Pointing at old newsreel footage of oracle riots in the south during the 1960s and saying "See! Liberals are cracking heads!" betrays an ignorance of history, sociology and American political ideology. It's easier for those of us who actually lived during that tumultuous time to understand.

Big difference in my book from a progressive/liberal and a leftist. I like liberals/progressives and dislike the left-wingers. Same holds true with a conservative and a righty. I like conservatives dislike right-wingers.
By 'right wingers', are we talking about the Alt-Right? And by Left-Wingers, are we talking about Antifa?
That sounds about right. When did Fox and Rush stop assassinating the character of liberals and start calling them leftists?
is today opposite day or something?

Why do you insist on showing everyone how stupid you really are? Your entire list applies to both parties. Obama and the Hildabitch were/are corporate whores. For one who thinks so highly of himself you sure don't show any real intellectual ability at all.
Funny how their policy has not changed because they gave a a couple of speeches to bankers... But if you repeat garbage a million x it's a fact, right, super duper?

Last edited:
is today opposite day or something?
Maybe in super duper dupe world, super duper poop. LOL

Oh yes Frank, the Left has to figure a way to blame racism on everyone but who they look in the mirror at every single morning. Notice, how most of them resemble Chucky Shmucky, and Fancy Nancy. They lie like them too!
It took 20 years for all the southern conservatives to become Republicans. Blacks and Hispanic would be Republicans if it wasn't so obvious they are full of racists...

This is a bit nutty... Southern conservatives Were always Democrats because they hated Lincoln.. then they started switching to Republican after the Civil Rights Act from from 1966 until 1984. All Southern conservatives are now Republicans d u h.

What happened in 1984?

"Big Brother" came to America?

Seriously - 1984 - Wikipedia

More seriously:

Text of H.R. 3398 (98th): Omnibus Tariff and Trade Act of 1984 (Passed Congress version) - GovTrack.us

So the Parties switched back again?

You're seriously trying to make sense of Francos post?
Facts are such a problem for super dupers...

Forum List

Back