What wrong with amnesty for illegals

What does "put on a path to citizenship" mean?

Will they be required to apply for it as Jarhead suggests?

Or will they simply be allowed to apply for it, like any and every other legal resident?

IMO, those two are very different.

If they dont have to leave ,Its amnesty .

I don't think that's the way its being defined by our esteemed representatives.

They're giving "amnesty" from being prosecuted for being in the USA illegally (as if that matters, since, as Willow pointed out so.......erm.....eloquently, they'll never be prosecuted anyway).

So "Amnesty" is really sort of a silly formality.

CITIZENSHIP is really the point.

Republicans could pick up one hell of a powerful voting block if they'd stop being stupid about this.

'20 million new voters is good for America.'

Assuming that in those 20 million there are NO criminals - which I doubt - seriously!

'CITIZENSHIP is really the point.'

Quite laughable when you see how many did not seek citizenship after the 1986 amnesty. My, my - can't believe how many just DON'T get the illegal mentality.

What is wrong with
FOLLOWING OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS
AND BECOMING A CITIZEN THE LEGAL WAY?

Do it this way and everyone would welcome you.:welcome: Do it the illegal way and you are a criminal and criminals need not apply for citizenship!!!! Stay in your own country and break the laws there.:banned03:

What is wrong with
Do it this way and everyone would welcome you.:welcome: Do it the illegal way and you are a criminal and criminals need not apply for citizenship!!!! Stay in your own country and break the laws there.[/SIZE][/COLOR]:banned03:

The horse is out of the barn, and you're shouting about shutting the barn door to keep him in.

No you shut and lock the gate to prevent anymore animals from coming in, and call the neighbor to remove his offending animals!!!If your neighbors horse or cow is on your land you call them to remove them and pay for any damages that their animal did to your property. My hunting club own land which a farmer leases and he sued the neighbor for damages his cows did to his crops which the cows damaged.That animal does not become yours you cannot shoot that animal and eat it. It is the neighbors property and he is responsible for this animal the cost of food, medicine, training,and care. It is about time we started to bill Mexico for costs their criminal citizens incure here from steeling our services and being here illegally!!! If they can't pay in dollars send barrels of Oil.

No you shut and lock the gate to prevent anymore animals from coming in, and call the neighbor to remove his offending animals!!!If your neighbors horse or cow is on your land you call them to remove them and pay for any damages that their animal did to your property. My hunting club own land which a farmer leases and he sued the neighbor for damages his cows did to his crops which the cows damaged.That animal does not become yours you cannot shoot that animal and eat it. It is the neighbors property and he is responsible for this animal the cost of food, medicine, training,and care. It is about time we started to bill Mexico for costs their criminal citizens incure here from steeling our services and being here illegally!!! If they can't pay in dollars send barrels of Oil.

:eusa_hand:

Um...yeah
:scared1:

Amnesty alone is not the answer.

Amnesty along with getting serious about securing our borders is.

Absent that, we'll be talking about amnesty for another 20 million in 20 years.

Once there is amnesty for this block of 15-20 million, there will have to be fair wages paid to them. There's going to have to be another block of illegals to take their place that will work for those dirt wages. Can anyone see this endless circle?

Once there is amnesty for this block of 15-20 million, there will have to be fair wages paid to them. There's going to have to be another block of illegals to take their place that will work for those dirt wages. Can anyone see this endless circle?

I do.

That's why I only support the idea IF we also get serious about securing our borders.

We can only hope the next wave of illegals will come from a country with really hawt wimmins.

I'm hoping Sweden.

We can only hope the next wave of illegals will come from a country with really hawt wimmins.

I'm hoping Sweden.

Sam....there are a lot of hot Mexican woman....you just have to start looking past the big fat housewives with 10 kids....

I'm hoping Sweden.

Sam....there are a lot of hot Mexican woman....you just have to start looking past the big fat housewives with 10 kids....

The husbands do.

I'm hoping Sweden.

But, will they do the jobs that you and I won't? :lol:

I'm hoping Sweden.

But, will they do the jobs that you and I won't? :lol:

I'm certain they'd be less expensive to hire.

What is wrong with amnesty for illegals?

1. Someone who will break the law for personal gain will do it again.
2. It encourages more people to enter.
3. They may take the place of another immigrant who can offer the nation more.
4. It creates additional burdens on our resources disproportional to their benefit.
5. It is unfair to those who follow the law.

P.S. I fully expect this to be lost on people who can't come to grips with the term illegal.

Last edited:

I'm hoping Sweden.

Yes, but then you have other legal complications.........

Forum List

Back