What wrong with amnesty for illegals

20 million new voters is good for America.

Since when does amnesty = citizenship? :confused:

The Republican 2008 Party Platform clearly stated "We DO NOT Approve of Amnesty."

The Democratic 2008 Party Platform muddles the concept, saying they want illegals to "go to the back of the line" but after they do, they will "help them become legal citizens."

Last edited:

The Republican 2008 Party Platform clearly stated "We Approve of Amnesty."

The Democratic 2008 Party Platform muddles the concept, saying they want illegals to "go to the back of the line" but after they do, they will "help them become legal citizens."

Link?

Yes I've given linkys to both parties 2008 platforms, but I was in error:

Correction: Republicans stated "We DO NOT APPROVE of Amnesty."

If I get the linkys, AGAIN then I want little love. Pos Rep will do. No leg humping please, m'k?

Last edited:
Illegals ? You mean the Eurotrash that "founded" that circus ?:eusa_hand:
Kick there asses out.:tongue:

Aint it great how the empire twists things ?
Enhanced interrogation techniques....Torture
Detainees.....Prisoners
Democracy..........51% tell the other fuckers what to do.
Freedom.........Bass fishing in Cuba anyone ? How bout a cigar ?
Founded............Occupation by genocide.
U.S. military establishment.........Terrorists.

The Republican 2008 Party Platform clearly stated "We DO NOT Approve of Amnesty."

And I have no problem with that. But they should not be fast tracked, they should follow the rules and they should be subject to the same checks and balances as all other aspiring immigrants.

The first step in being honest about this is whether going to the back of the line means "Go to the back of the line and provide the INS with the required paperwork." Ideally, they would return to their country of origin and apply, but I realize for some this may be impossible so at least filing the paperwork puts them on a quasi-legal footing and allows the established rules to come into play.

I may be wrong but I thought a condition of the "proposed" amnesty bill is you must apply for citizenship.

Is this incorrect?

I've heard no such thing. But that would be very interesting if it's true.

I would suspect they'd have to apply for legal residency.

Yes, but applying for legal residency will include having an employer endorse you. The employer will also need to present a case where a non citizen is not taking a position that a citizen would be appropriate for.

Furthermore, would their employers be fined? If yes, how many would be willing to admit that they had the individual illegally employed?

I may be wrong but I thought a condition of the "proposed" amnesty bill is you must apply for citizenship.

Is this incorrect?

Yep - tough to see how applying for citizenship comes before being a legal resident.

Is this incorrect?

Yes, but applying for legal residency will include having an employer endorse you. The employer will also need to present a case where a non citizen is not taking a position that a citizen would be appropriate for.

Furthermore, would their employers be fined? If yes, how many would be willing to admit that they had the individual illegally employed?

The OP suggested that amnesty is about adding 20 million new registered voters. That is what I responded to.

I've seen nothing to support the claim of the OP and therefore conclude that it is bogus, disingenuous troll bait. And to that I say...

:clap2: :lol:

In their broad blueprint, Sens. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, and Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, call for illegal immigrants to be put on a path to citizenship, offer green cards to keep high-skilled foreign university graduates and would create a temporary program for low-skilled workers, with some also getting the chance to become citizens.

Obama backs plan to legalize illegals - Washington Times

GOP Platform:

http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/NationalSecurity.htm#Def5

The rule of law means
1. guaranteeing to law enforcement the tools and coordination to deport criminal aliens without delay – and correcting court decisions that have made deportation so difficult.

2. Enforcing the law against those who overstay their visas, rather than letting millions flout the generosity that gave them temporary entry.

3. Imposing maximum penalties on those who smuggle illegal aliens into the U.S., both for their lawbreaking and for their cruel exploitation.

4. requiring cooperation among federal, state and local law enforcement and real consequences, including the denial of federal funds, for self-described sanctuary cities, which stand in open defiance of the federal and state statutes that expressly prohibit such sanctuary policies, and which endanger the lives of U.S. citizens.

It does not mean driver's licenses for illegal aliens, nor does it mean that states should be allowed to flout the federal law barring them from giving in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens, nor does it mean that illegal aliens should receive social security benefits, or other public benefits, except as provided by federal law.

We oppose amnesty. The rule of law suffers if government policies encourage or reward illegal activity. The American people's rejection of en masse legalizations is especially appropriate given the federal government's past failures to enforce the law.

The Democratic Party

unhappily, I couldn't cut-and-past from the PDF document page 45 (maybe someone else could), but the gist is that Democrats DO SUPPORT

"for milions living here illegally.... to pay a fine, pay taxes, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens."

To soften the blow of being sent "to the back of the line," the next sentenance adds:

"They are our neighbors, and we can help them become full tax-paying, law-abiding, members of society."

So, while the word "amnesty" never is said...........the definition of amnesty appears.

Last edited:
What does "put on a path to citizenship" mean?

Will they be required to apply for it as Jarhead suggests?

Or will they simply be allowed to apply for it, like any and every other legal resident?

IMO, those two are very different.

In their broad blueprint, Sens. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, and Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, call for illegal immigrants to be put on a path to citizenship, offer green cards to keep high-skilled foreign university graduates and would create a temporary program for low-skilled workers, with some also getting the chance to become citizens.

it's called amnesty for chrisssss sake, pure and simple. those motherfuckers in dc can write fucking rules all day long.. but hells bells, use some common sense. they cannot enforce the fucking rules now, what makes anybody think they can enforce them later.. you are brain dead if you believe their shit.. they are giving the illegals amnesty and citizenship. period all wrapped up in a donkey's ass.

it's called amnesty for chrisssss sake, pure and simple. those motherfuckers in dc can write fucking rules all day long.. but hells bells, use some common sense. they cannot enforce the fucking rules now, what makes anybody think they can enforce them later.. you are brain dead if you believe their shit.. they are giving the illegals amnesty and citizenship. period all wrapped up in a donkey's ass.

Yeah, that's about the gist of it.

Although I doubt a Donkey's Ass is any less involved than an Elephant's.

Or will they simply be allowed to apply for it, like any and every other legal resident?

If they dont have to leave ,Its amnesty .

Agreed.

But they also don't get to vote unless they become citizens, which is certainly not automatic even if they are given amnesty.

Agreed.

But they also don't get to vote unless they become citizens, which is certainly not automatic even if they are given amnesty.

It will be easier then getting foodstamps.

Forum List

Back