What Would You Do If You Were the Last Person on Earth?

Yuh huh.

And where would you fuel up? Oopsie.

Not to mention, if you're the last one on earth there are presumably no roads left anyway.

Why would the roads be gone?

Why would you (or anyone) be the last person on earth? Mega-war, that's why. Those roads would have been blown up by one military and used to death by the other.

No one said anything about a "mega war"......lol

Why else would anyone be the last person on earth? Think about it.

Since we're talking pure fantasy you might have been the only person immune to a worldwide pandemic.
Thats as believable as everyone on the planet dying in a war.

If there's a worldwide pandemic, I guarantee you ain't the last one alive. And even if you were you'd be in no condition to make this grand continental trip in a stolen vehicle you can't fuel to drive on roads that aren't there.

Go to the nearest RV store pick the baddest mofo on the lot, attach a jeep to the back of it and see the whole continent raiding homes and businesses along the way.

Yuh huh.

Not to mention, if you're the last one on earth there are presumably no roads left anyway.

Never seen one of these I take it.
$_35.JPG

Good God you liberals are fucken helpless.

Soooooooo yer gonna have fuel mailed to ya huh.

Please tell me ...

It's clear from your posting that you can't be told anything.

Why would you (or anyone) be the last person on earth? Mega-war, that's why. Those roads would have been blown up by one military and used to death by the other.

Since we're talking pure fantasy you might have been the only person immune to a worldwide pandemic.

If there's a worldwide pandemic, I guarantee you ain't the last one alive. And even if you were you'd be in no condition to make this grand continental trip in a stolen vehicle you can't fuel to drive on roads that aren't there.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

I really think he is. :dunno:

You're an idiot.

I ain't the one imagining RV trips that can't possibly happen sooooooooooooo..........

You're an idiot.

I ain't the one imagining RV trips that can't possibly happen sooooooooooooo..........

I'm not the one making rules in a hypothetical scenario.

Build a really nice, big house in just about the prettiest place there is, and live tax free with unlimited space, room, and game to eat, and sleep in every morning because I wouldn't need a job.

The cause of all problems are:
  1. Government.
  2. Taxes.
  3. Neighbors.
Why wait for a lottery win, like Godot?
Why not NOW go to a (small) deserted island or location somewhere in this world and live by yourself?
No gov, no taxes, no person to bother you.

I betcha you will be lonely in short time.
We are social animals.

I’d be most certainly wondering who was gonna make my breakfast, for a start. No, I’m kidding. Mummy doesn’t make my breakfast any more, come on, I’m nearly 27. Daddy does my din-dins, though, so that’s a concern. All that said, imagine the day. You go to bed in a world full of people and when you wake, you’re the only one left. Every single human has vanished overnight. Oh golly, that sure sucks. An entire world with a population consisting of just me. Oh dear, oh the humanity, oh, I’m so sad… actually, no it sounds rather gnarly. Imagine that. Only me. YIPPEE! I don’t have to talk to anyone ever again! And all the world’s bacon is mine! MINE! MINE! Mwa, ha, ha, ha…

I do wonder how long it would take me to realise I was the only one left. I’ll probably start to suspect things are awry when I venture into the kitchen for my morning toast. I may see something unusual that would draw my eye to the fact everyone is gone. The toaster won’t come on. There’s a downed plane in the back garden. I’m stood there frantically turning the light switch on and off again. It’s a very British thing to do when the lights won’t come on. Keep trying the switch. “Why won’t the lights come on?” “I’m trying damn it! On, off, on, off, on, off!” “Is it working?” “NO! I’ve tried everything and I’m all outta ideas!”

I wouldn´t notice. But when I finally do, hell, yeah, I´d do all the stuff that was kept away for me! Hell, who gives a fuck about them, all is mine now. Going to nuke something. Taking a dump in space! Plenty to do! Driving a car! Wow, what a choice! Try the switch, I am out for a generator! Outlining a new constitution. Holding a referendum about it. Cloning a girl friend. That´s the stuff. Who needs humankind eating up my wealth? Fuck them! Times of limits are over!

I’d be most certainly wondering who was gonna make my breakfast, for a start. No, I’m kidding. Mummy doesn’t make my breakfast any more, come on, I’m nearly 27. Daddy does my din-dins, though, so that’s a concern. All that said, imagine the day. You go to bed in a world full of people and when you wake, you’re the only one left. Every single human has vanished overnight. Oh golly, that sure sucks. An entire world with a population consisting of just me. Oh dear, oh the humanity, oh, I’m so sad… actually, no it sounds rather gnarly. Imagine that. Only me. YIPPEE! I don’t have to talk to anyone ever again! And all the world’s bacon is mine! MINE! MINE! Mwa, ha, ha, ha…

I do wonder how long it would take me to realise I was the only one left. I’ll probably start to suspect things are awry when I venture into the kitchen for my morning toast. I may see something unusual that would draw my eye to the fact everyone is gone. The toaster won’t come on. There’s a downed plane in the back garden. I’m stood there frantically turning the light switch on and off again. It’s a very British thing to do when the lights won’t come on. Keep trying the switch. “Why won’t the lights come on?” “I’m trying damn it! On, off, on, off, on, off!” “Is it working?” “NO! I’ve tried everything and I’m all outta ideas!”

I'd finally get some SLEEP!!!

(before I starved to death for lack of Big Mac's to eat...)

If you do find people just remember: Don't marry Carol. It is a trap.

With my luck ... it would be an end of the world with an ironic twist...

A man said to the universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”
—Stephen Crane

“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”
—Stephen Crane

The universe said to a man:
"Sir, my life and history exists in you."
"Strange," replied the man.
"The answer, which you are in me,
is ... strange ..."

brilliant-puzzle-einhorn-im-glitzerwald-500-teile--puzzle.62768-1.fs.jpg

Bilder, die ich in mir trage, verlieren ihre Kraft
Alle Sicherheit verschwindet, worauf ist noch Verlass
Langsam spür‘ ich mich zerfließen, unter deinem Blick
Selten könn‘ wir noch genießen, uns’re Inseln voller Glück
Und so treib‘ ich auf den Abgrund zu auf einem trägen Fluss
Und ich singe dir im Untergehen ein Lied zu deinem Trost

Damit du mich nicht so vermisst
Schreib ich ein Lied, das nicht vergisst
Und wenn die Zeit mein Leben nimmt
Erinner‘ dich wenn es erklingt
Wenn mich das dunkle Meer verschlingt
Erinner‘ dich an mich.

Lachend seh‘ ich mich und weinend
Lebensfroh und müd‘
Gefühle werden langsam schwächer
Die Bilder werden trüb‘
Ich spür‘ noch, wie du kämpfst um mich
Und noch tut es weh
Bewahren will ich meine Rührung, wenn ich dich so seh‘
Und so treib ich auf den Abgrund zu
auf einem trägen Fluß
und ich singe dir im Untergehn
ein Lied zu deinem Trost.

Ich weiß, du wirst mich in dir finden, auch wenn ich mich verlier‘
Und wohin mein Geist auch wandert, mein Herz bleibt hier bei dir

Erinner‘ dich an mich.
Erinner‘ dich an mich.

Versengold

Last edited:
Go to the nearest RV store pick the baddest mofo on the lot, attach a jeep to the back of it and see the whole continent raiding homes and businesses along the way.

Yuh huh.

The Rapture?

Yuh huh.

The Rapture?

No I believe that's Blondie. :D

Hi Emily! :11_2_1043:

“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”
—Stephen Crane
Agreed. But is man obligated?

The founding fathers believed that we are given inalienable rights for no other reason than we are God’s creatures, but is that conditional?

Solzhenitsyn believed that these rights are conditional.

“...That is, freedom was given to the individual conditionally, in the assumption of his constant religious responsibility. Such was the heritage of the preceding thousand years...”

He goes on to say that what has occurred since the founding would have been unthinkable by our founders.

“...Two hundred or even fifty years ago, it would have seemed quite impossible, in America, that an individual could be granted boundless freedom simply for the satisfaction of his instincts or whims. Subsequently, however, all such limitations were discarded everywhere in the West; a total liberation occurred from the moral heritage of Christian centuries with their great reserves of mercy and sacrifice. State systems were -- State systems were becoming increasingly and totally materialistic. The West ended up by truly enforcing human rights, sometimes even excessively, but man's sense of responsibility to God and society grew dimmer and dimmer. In the past decades, the legalistically selfish aspect of Western approach and thinking has reached its final dimension and the world wound up in a harsh spiritual crisis and a political impasse. All the glorified technological achievements of Progress, including the conquest of outer space, do not redeem the 20th century's moral poverty which no one could imagine even as late as in the 19th Century...”

“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”
—Stephen Crane

The founding fathers believed that we are given inalienable rights for no other reason than we are God’s creatures, but is that conditional?

“...That is, freedom was given to the individual conditionally, in the assumption of his constant religious responsibility. Such was the heritage of the preceding thousand years...”

He goes on to say that what has occurred since the founding would have been unthinkable by our founders.

“...Two hundred or even fifty years ago, it would have seemed quite impossible, in America, that an individual could be granted boundless freedom simply for the satisfaction of his instincts or whims. Subsequently, however, all such limitations were discarded everywhere in the West; a total liberation occurred from the moral heritage of Christian centuries with their great reserves of mercy and sacrifice. State systems were -- State systems were becoming increasingly and totally materialistic. The West ended up by truly enforcing human rights, sometimes even excessively, but man's sense of responsibility to God and society grew dimmer and dimmer. In the past decades, the legalistically selfish aspect of Western approach and thinking has reached its final dimension and the world wound up in a harsh spiritual crisis and a political impasse. All the glorified technological achievements of Progress, including the conquest of outer space, do not redeem the 20th century's moral poverty which no one could imagine even as late as in the 19th Century...”

I am your founding father/mother. Maybe I should decide what's to be done with you.

“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”
—Stephen Crane

I am your founding father/mother. Maybe I should decide what's to be done with you.
I am afraid I am hopeless.

But do you believe man has an obligation?

Forum List

Back