What would you ask any Senator if you could question them face to face?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
A question for everyone on here.

What questions would you ask your senator if you could see him/her face to face next week?

Boxers or Briefs? I would ask that only because I know I wouldn't get a straight answer to any other question

I'd ask them why they just got a pay raise when so many people are taking pay cuts and losing their jobs. Obama has said nothing about this.

"Senator Levin, do you really think you're fooling anyone with that combover?"

and, even though he's not my Senator...

"Senator Craig, 'wide stance'? That's the best you could come up with?"

The only reason I wouldn't ask a serious question is because I have no confidence that I would receive a straight answer from either Sen. Levin or Sen. Stabenow.

I'd ask them why they just got a pay raise when so many people are taking pay cuts and losing their jobs. Obama has said nothing about this.

I'll make that one my last question if they do not have good answers for the rest of the questions, don't wanna totally piss them off if we are making any headway.

I spent a lot of time with Gordon Smith over the summer turning his re-election campaign. I got to ask him a lot of questions... Oregon's current Senator will be visiting the local Head Start center some time in the next year (if all goes well). I will be there even if I didn't vote for him.

I spent a lot of time with Gordon Smith over the summer turning his re-election campaign. I got to ask him a lot of questions... Oregon's current Senator will be visiting the local Head Start center some time in the next year (if all goes well). I will be there even if I didn't vote for him.

That would be a good time to hit him up for some answers Angel.

I met Biden back in 1999 and I asked him a few questions, none to which he answered. All he wanted to do was to keep asking if I was contiuning on the trip with him. *roll eyes*

It comes second nature to them to give the answer that will be most appealing to thier party but the majority won't be honest.

I would ask a Junior Senator that just got there (Dem or Rep), Could you research and respond when found, "What Law was passed that requires the American People to pay Federal Income Tax?

I'd ask why they voted for the patriot act the second time around....
What would you suggest they do instead or replace safe guards that the patriot act covers?

I bolded the parts that should be out:

Specifically, the Act:[14]

Prohibits the individual states from investigating, sanctioning of, or requiring disclosure by complicit telecoms or other persons.

Permits the government not to keep records of searches, and destroy existing records (it requires them to keep the records for a period of 10 years).

Protects telecommunications companies from lawsuits for "'past or future cooperation' with federal law enforcement authorities and will assist the intelligence community in determining the plans of terrorists."

Removes requirements for detailed descriptions of the nature of information or property targeted by the surveillance.

Increased the time allowed for warrantless surveillance to continue from 48 hours to 7 days.

Requires FISA court permission to wiretap Americans who are overseas.

Prohibits targeting a foreigner to eavesdrop on an American's calls or e-mails without court approval.

Allows the FISA court 30 days to review existing but expiring surveillance orders before renewing them.

Allows eavesdropping in emergencies without court approval, provided the government files required papers within a week.

Prohibits the government from invoking war powers or other authorities to supersede surveillance rules in the future.

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prohibits the individual states from investigating, sanctioning of, or requiring disclosure by complicit telecoms or other persons.

I am a bit mixed on this one. Our phone lines were tapped a few years back and I was threatened by local law enforcement as we were getting stomped on and stomped out. They used the Patriot act gave them that authority. So basically our most basic rights were abused under the color of law as they robbed us blind.

A good friend that work for is an assistant AG in another state was furious when I talked with him about it.

I met Biden back in 1999 and I asked him a few questions, none to which he answered. All he wanted to do was to keep asking if I was contiuning on the trip with him. *roll eyes*

Biden is a bit brain damaged.

This one is a senior senator.

I haven't found it, I want to know, don't you?

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 gives Congress the authority to levy a tax, it was passed during the Civil War to pay for the war and ratified by the Sixteenth Amendment.

And the Internal Revenue Code was passed in 1939 and revised in 1986, and it is a statement of federal law.

Forum List

Back