What would MLK say to John Lewis?

The republican strategy, certainly Trump's is to lather democrats up into wild eyed, frothing at the mouth hysteria to the point where the whole world vomits at the absurdity.

Your claim is clearly that Trump will not reduce crime in those areas that currently have very high rates, like Chicago.

I guess we will see if you are correct over the next 4 years.

Personally, I think you are wrong and I think he will be able to help those communities reduce violence.

It's a tough point to argue either way at this point, isn't it?

He says he will. You say he won't. For now, I will take his word over yours. Your track record with Trump predictions is a bit spotty.

Very telling that the left seems to be saying that it's impossible to help these communities. Of course, they have never tried because they like things the way they are. They will stand in the way of anyone who tries to free people from the liberal plantation.

Most people in the bad neighborhoods are victims. They deserve help but the left isn't about to anger their base by being honest about the root causes of the crime. They claim racism, but won't admit that it's their own racist policies that have created this mess. From the time slaves were freed, the left sought to control and use them and they still are to this day.

See? I ask how he's made anything clear about how he'll help black and instead of answers I get leading questions. Is it a secret how he's proven this?

well, for starters, he has brought people like Jim Brown and Steve Harvey in and picked their brains, he has reached out to folks that have made it their life's work to improve inner cities & is apparently ready to accept their council and suggestions

Some of the fallout there? Harvey & Brown have been maligned & called names (House Negro/Uncle Tom/etc). What we have seen is that many would rather criticize than get their hands dirty and try t help

Democrats have been talking about making things better for 50+ years. Things have not gotten better. So, it's time to try a new approach.

The people that REALLY care will work with Trump - does Lewis really care?

He MET with Steve Harvey! Well alright. I can see how that's proof. He MET with AL Gore too. I guess that means hes serious about global warming...or meetings are just meetings. Or sometimes they are, when you say so.

The only Negros he's met with carried a ball, sung a song or told jokes. If that's your level of proof he's proven to help blacks then I just thought you meant something more than meetings.

Your claim is clearly that Trump will not reduce crime in those areas that currently have very high rates, like Chicago.

Personally, I think you are wrong and I think he will be able to help those communities reduce violence.

It's a tough point to argue either way at this point, isn't it.

He says he will. You say he won't. For now, I will take his word over yours. Your track record with Trump predictions is a bit spotty.

You wish I said reduce crime so you keep in saying that's MY focus. I've said helping black communities and before you go "wouldnt reducing crime help blacks?" Stop being stupid.

There are a lot of ways to help. You insisting that's what I'm talking about is leading. I simply asked..

How has he made, as you said, Clear that he was serious about helping blacks. Not future crime rates or any other nonsensr.

Mostly leftist because they know only what they are indoctrinated with, and seek no other knowledge.

How has he made, as you said, Clear that he was serious about helping blacks. Not future crime rates or any other nonsensr.

I've already answered this question, but will give it one more shot

He has reached out to people that care about this issue and sought their council and advice.

As president elect, that is all he can do; as CA pointed out; only time will tell how serious he is

BUT, as a man that represents the people in one of those areas, Lewis has a fiduciary duty to find out if he is serious, and if he is serious, Lewis has a duty to do all he can to assist him in that goal.

Lewis has failed to perform his duty.

Not a surprise, as Lewis has also failed to effect positive change for his constituents after 29 years in Congress...

And it is abundantly obvious that our friends on the left made an appropriate choice when they chose a diaper pin as their new symbol...

My word, John Lewis was acting like a petulant child, Trump called him out & now the folks on the left are losing their collective minds - it's really pathetic

Everything Trump said was true - a large portion of Lewis' district in GA is crime ridden and decaying. Lewis has been in congress since I was in high school (I am 48) and not helped matters. At all, in fact, things are actually worse.

Yeah, he marched with King, so that gives him a right to be an immature jackass?

Well, to many on the left, the answer is a resounding YES!

Again - Lewis acts like an ass, he gets called on the carpet and his pathetic record as a congressman is brought up

The left (which includes the media) gets OUTRAGED

this is going t be such a fun 8 years!

this whole thing is nothing short of comical.

the truth is, Trump has reached out to the black community and has made it clear that making things better in the inner cities is a priority for him

if Lewis had any sense (he doesn't) - he would be embracing that, looking for areas that he can work with the new president, and holding Trump's feet to the fire

folks want to feign OUTRAGE - the real outrage is that Trump is correct - Lewis' district is crime infested & falling apart, or a big part of it is (the part where he gets most of his votes)

Lewis' district also includes areas that are the wealthiest in the state (and some of the wealthiest in the nation). Buckhead, Alpharetta, Roswell & north Fulton are part of that district & the district is BELOW the national average in household income and unemployment - it really is pathetic

29 years John Lewis has been there. No improvement for the people that keep electing him.

Seriously folks, we can't move forward so long as people get maligned for speaking the truth. Lewis has an opportunity to do something now, but he would rather be a malcontent - that's on him & the people of his district continue to suffer

Time to man up and do the right thing for the folks you represent John - time to quit acting like a whiny little baby.

MLK won his fight because he refused to lower himself to the standards of his enemies by fighting like they fought against him. MLK refused to even call his opponents names, even though he was well within his rights to do so. This caused his movement to succeed, for the sheer righteousness of his cause was not muddied by evil behavior until it crushed his opponents.

And then there is Lewis.

MLK must be turning in his grave.

You know, the black community sure could use another leader like MLK. So instead of burning up communities and shooting innocent police officers, perhaps they could take a stand without becoming equal or worse than what they purport to be fighting.

Last edited:
Perhaps YOU can explain how anything Trump said to Lewis was racist? I mean none of your lefty buddies can.

I can give you the liberal answer with no doubt!!!
"Because Trump is white and that makes him racist since he is not a liberal dimshitcrat. You are supposed to know that, OH you must be a racist too. You are a Trump voter aren't you?" You had to be a racist sexist woman hating bigot homophobe, islamaphobe Christian Consevative Gun lover to vote for HIM"

That is their liberal indoctrinated response to any fact!!! That is why they are going to be loosing every election every time except in a few States that are full of them.

See? I ask how he's made anything clear about how he'll help black and instead of answers I get leading questions. Is it a secret how he's proven this?

well, for starters, he has brought people like Jim Brown and Steve Harvey in and picked their brains, he has reached out to folks that have made it their life's work to improve inner cities & is apparently ready to accept their council and suggestions

Some of the fallout there? Harvey & Brown have been maligned & called names (House Negro/Uncle Tom/etc). What we have seen is that many would rather criticize than get their hands dirty and try t help

Democrats have been talking about making things better for 50+ years. Things have not gotten better. So, it's time to try a new approach.

The people that REALLY care will work with Trump - does Lewis really care?

He MET with Steve Harvey! Well alright. I can see how that's proof. He MET with AL Gore too. I guess that means hes serious about global warming...or meetings are just meetings. Or sometimes they are, when you say so.

The only Negros he's met with carried a ball, sung a song or told jokes. If that's your level of proof he's proven to help blacks then I just thought you meant something more than meetings.
The only Negros he's met with carried a ball, sung a song or told jokes.

and those are the Negros blacks in inner cities look up to.

Civil rights?

50 years ago

They look up to the people on the stage, the big screen, the little screen, or coming out of the locker room these days.

Lewis is a dinosaur, found in history books

And it is abundantly obvious that our friends on the left made an appropriate choice when they chose a diaper pin as their new symbol...

My word, John Lewis was acting like a petulant child, Trump called him out & now the folks on the left are losing their collective minds - it's really pathetic

Everything Trump said was true - a large portion of Lewis' district in GA is crime ridden and decaying. Lewis has been in congress since I was in high school (I am 48) and not helped matters. At all, in fact, things are actually worse.

Yeah, he marched with King, so that gives him a right to be an immature jackass?

Again - Lewis acts like an ass, he gets called on the carpet and his pathetic record as a congressman is brought up

the truth is, Trump has reached out to the black community and has made it clear that making things better in the inner cities is a priority for him

if Lewis had any sense (he doesn't) - he would be embracing that, looking for areas that he can work with the new president, and holding Trump's feet to the fire

folks want to feign OUTRAGE - the real outrage is that Trump is correct - Lewis' district is crime infested & falling apart, or a big part of it is (the part where he gets most of his votes)

Lewis' district also includes areas that are the wealthiest in the state (and some of the wealthiest in the nation). Buckhead, Alpharetta, Roswell & north Fulton are part of that district & the district is BELOW the national average in household income and unemployment - it really is pathetic

29 years John Lewis has been there. No improvement for the people that keep electing him.

Seriously folks, we can't move forward so long as people get maligned for speaking the truth. Lewis has an opportunity to do something now, but he would rather be a malcontent - that's on him & the people of his district continue to suffer

Time to man up and do the right thing for the folks you represent John - time to quit acting like a whiny little baby.

MLK won his fight because he refused to lower himself to the standards of his enemies by fighting like they fought against him. MLK refused to even call his opponents names, even though he was well within his rights to do so. This caused his movement to succeed, for the sheer righteousness of his cause was not muddied by evil behavior until it crushed his opponents.

And then there is Lewis.

You know, the black community sure could use another leader like MLK. So instead of burning up communities and shooting innocent police officers, perhaps they could take a stand without becoming equal or worse than what they purport to be fighting.

Votto< Post of the day> The KING family are some of the BEST, most courteous, and Christian people this country has to offer. They are so unlike the race hustlers that have presumed to take Dr. Kings place as the leaders of his movement. I was living in Mississippi when he was murdered, and heard many say they were glad he was killed, but most of the people I knew around my age then were like me saddened that the person we thought was the best chance to ever be given to us to make our country whole was gone. Seems we were right, because the so called leaders who took his place have destroyed HIS people, both black and white, and made their goal to raise themselves up by violence instead of by improving their education, and character with GODS Help and Guidance. Those values of HIS that his family still holds dear, and promote by example.

How is any one shocked by the left's reaction. Screaming racist is a typical strategy for them. You are allowed to disagree with a Black Conservative and call them names, Liberals do that all the time. Never disagree with a Black Democrat even if it's an obviously legitimate reason the rabid dogs come out hurling accusations in an attempt to shut down dissent.

It's a tough point to argue either way at this point, isn't it?

And then there is Lewis.

MLK wanted to end violence and division. He remained classy and peaceful, which eventually earned him respect. The way today's libs go about it, they want to anger people and incite violence. Many have claimed violence is necessary to get people's attention. They are dead wrong. MLK showed them how to go about bringing people together but the left doesn't want that.

Lewis is a douchebag who took an oath of office then broke it claiming Trump is not the legitimate president. Lewis sits on his throne in DC while his home district is a shithole, he should stop flapping is big fat mouth and take responsibility for failing his district.

Fit is by far the biggest ill mannered douche bag that has ever been seen in this country and the idiots who voted for him are worse than him I can't wait till it's their turn in the barrel when he gives all the wealthy people tax breaks and corporations that are all paid for by all the dik heads who voted for him are you really so stupid you don't see that he's going to fuk every one in this country and you helped him do thank god I'm moving to another country where people are treated like human beings and every one is equally important and not just the rich Italy here i come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crybaby Trump trashes John Lewis in the same fashion as he trashed John McCain (and all POWs).

Donald Trump isn't fit to be in the same room as either man.

Flabby Trump has handed money & he did nothing to serve this country as he worked diligently to avoid supporting it through taxes.
You mean the same John Lewis who compare McCain to George Wallace?
Yup. Once a race bating whore always a race baiting whore. Injecting racial divisiveness is basically all this piece of shit Lewis has. This is from 2008:

"What I am seeing reminds me too much of another destructive period in American history. Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse," Lewis said in a statement.

"During another period, in the not too distant past, there was a governor of the state of Alabama named George Wallace who also became a presidential candidate. George Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights. Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama," wrote the Democrat.

He truly is a one note wonder......
One trick race baiting donkey.

Fit is by far the biggest ill mannered douche bag that has ever been seen in this country and the idiots who voted for him are worse than him I can't wait till it's their turn in the barrel when he gives all the wealthy people tax breaks and corporations that are all paid for by all the dik heads who voted for him are you really so stupid you don't see that he's going to fuk every one in this country and you helped him do thank god I'm moving to another country where people are treated like human beings and every one is equally important and not just the rich Italy here i come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arrivederci, Lefty!

Problem is that Trump just acted like a schoolboy with a grudge, rather than a President who could change things.

Forum List

Back