What with all this talk of homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
sitarro said:
This is the same little merry go round game that you and others like you love to play. We could come up with a thousand scientist that dispute your one homosexual scientist(working to help fund AIDS research)and you would say the same thing, it's just their opinion. It is all opinions including those of the socalled scientist, the homosexual who thinks he was "born that way", the lesbian who was abused as a little girl, the homosexual who was abused as a little boy, your opinion, my opinion, Jilians opinion......as long as the debate can be extended with that one sentence.......:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

I for one, am bored with it all....later.

For the third time (and since nobody else can give a reasonable answer to this, maybe you can): Homosexuals are born hetro, but decide to be homo...because???? :wtf: :shocked: :cool: :blues: :scratch:

Dr Grump said:
For the third time (and since nobody else can give a reasonable answer to this, maybe you can): Homosexuals are born hetro, but decide to be homo...because???? :wtf: :shocked: :cool: :blues: :scratch:

You have ALL the cliche arguments down pat, it seems. Homosexuality is a behavioral problem. And your constant blathering that homosexuality is not abnormal behavior is as good a reason as any as to "why."

Why did Jefferey Dahmer snack on people instead of Doritos? Why did Hitler pick Jews? Your rhetorical question is about as relevant as "What color is the sky?"

Dr Grump said:

really easy to get laid no matter how hard a time you've had with the ladies....

What about you Grump, you never answered my question......What do you tell Anglina when she says she wants the right to marry her biological brother because he is just such a good kisser. Two consenting adults, just wants those great rights that only come from getting married......hmmmm?

Dr Grump said:

For the same reason that people become theives, or alcoholics, etc.: because mankind is plagued with sin, and some people embrace sinful behavior instead of attempting to get rid of it.

Bullypulpit said:
Chimpy's little speech isn't about actually doing anything, which is what he should be doing on the issue anyways...NOTHING. It is, however about sagging poll numbers and the alienation of the lunatic fringe, read as 'the base', of the GOP by recent faux pas like the Dubai Ports deal and the immigration issue, among others. James Dobson says "Jump!", and given the GOP poll numbers, it's for Dubbyuh and the GOP leadership to ask "How high?".

This whole issue is a fabrication used by the "Uniter" to divide the country against itself when it needs to pull together the most. That particular brand of treachery has been a hallmark of the Bush Administration since it came to power.

As for the "dangers" of the gay rights movement, I have yet to see any manifested. But then, I don't have any nagging doubts about my sexual orientation to overcompensate for.

Ah, the old "chimp" argument. You liberals hate Bush as much as you hated Abe Lincoln who was also called a "chimp". Looks like Bush is destined to go down in history as a famous president too. :D

The DANGER of allowing "gay rights" - it will set the precedent for all other types of minority "rights" via the court system rather than via a vote by the people. This could spell disaster. Hey, if a state actually votes for gay civil unions, then so be it. However, your lib leaders are pushing for gay marriage via the court system which is a very dangerous precedent.

People can call homosexuality either a behaviorial "choice" or something they are "born" with. Either way does not support their argument to legalize it. There is no compelling reason to legalize either a behaviorial choice or a physical aberration.

GunnyL said:
You have ALL the cliche arguments down pat, it seems. Homosexuality is a behavioral problem. And your constant blathering that homosexuality is not abnormal behavior is as good a reason as any as to "why."

Why did Jefferey Dahmer snack on people instead of Doritos? Why did Hitler pick Jews? Your rhetorical question is about as relevant as "What color is the sky?"

Oh, so now we compare homosexual behaviour with serial killers. Bit of a stretch, even for you.

I didn't even know the question I asked was a cliche. Seemed reasonable. So when a male gets a sexual urge towards another man it is a behavioural? Interesting....

sitarro said:
really easy to get laid no matter how hard a time you've had with the ladies....

What about you Grump, you never answered my question......What do you tell Anglina when she says she wants the right to marry her biological brother because he is just such a good kisser. Two consenting adults, just wants those great rights that only come from getting married......hmmmm?

Your first point doesn't cover the fact that a lot of gay men are extremely good looking and disappoint women the world over being gay. So what about those guys? They could shag any woman they want but decide to go after men...because?

Incest is gross, no doubt about it. I find it repugnant as I do homosexuality. But, none of my business. And I hope you are not talking about Angelina Jolie and her Oscar night. She was horrified at the press reaction and thought they were sick. It would also prove that some of your sources of news are tabloids/women's magazines.

PS: I thought you were bored with the subject???

5stringJeff said:
For the same reason that people become theives, or alcoholics, etc.: because mankind is plagued with sin, and some people embrace sinful behavior instead of attempting to get rid of it.

So now you are comparing sexual orientation to thieves and alkies...oookkaayyy!

Dr Grump said:
Oh, so now we compare homosexual behaviour with serial killers. Bit of a stretch, even for you.

I didn't even know the question I asked was a cliche. Seemed reasonable. So when a male gets a sexual urge towards another man it is a behavioural? Interesting....

Did I compare homosexuals to serial killers? Or did I compare aberrant behavior to aberrant behavior?

Dr Grump said:
So now you are comparing sexual orientation to thieves and alkies...oookkaayyy!

Same as my previous response. You are trying to make a dishonest comparison of the specific behavior itself, when we are talking about aberrant behavior in general.

Not even a nice try.

5stringJeff said:
Homosexuality, theft, and drunkenness are all sins, so yes, one can compare them.

So I may as well steal and stick my knob up another blokes arse then?I am doomed.:gross2:

Although I am married to a beautiful lady, is it possible for me to enter into a civil union with a man, legally?If so would it be bigamy?Just a thought, there are one or two bio's knocking about:shocked: .

5stringJeff said:
Homosexuality, theft, and drunkenness are all sins, so yes, one can compare them.

Seems to me that "sin" is defined by one's religious beliefs. Yet, religious beliefs shouldn't be the basis for legal argument and certainly shouldn't be the basis for depriving a group of "rights".

And while I certainly respect your right to believe as you wish, your faith shouldn't have any public effect.

jillian said:
Seems to me that "sin" is defined by one's religious beliefs. Yet, religious beliefs shouldn't be the basis for legal argument and certainly shouldn't be the basis for depriving a group of "rights".

And while I certainly respect your right to believe as you wish, your faith shouldn't have any public effect.

Unless the laws in place reflect the overwhelming majority's agreement with said "sin."

Using your argument, we should let murderers do as they please since murder is a concept based on Judeo-Christian ethic, and not found in all societies brought up to think differently.

GunnyL said:
Unless the laws in place reflect the overwhelming majority's agreement with said "sin."

Using your argument, we should let murderers do as they please since murder is a concept based on Judeo-Christian ethic, and not found in all societies brought up to think differently.

But one key difference is that murder does have an immediate impact on others. Murder is not based on Judeo Christian ethic. The vast majority of societies abhor murder and have ways of dealing with it....

Dr Grump said:
But one key difference is that murder does have an immediate impact on others. Murder is not based on Judeo Christian ethic. The vast majority of societies abhor murder and have ways of dealing with it....

Murder, as defined by our law IS based on Judeo-Christian ethic, as are most of our laws that have anything to do with enforcing a moral standard.

If you wish to remove moral standard, then remove ALL of it, because that's where you're heading.

An immediate impact to others is irrelevant as it does not inconvenience me. To use your own sentiment.;)

jillian said:

:wtf: ARe you saying that people of religion have no right to affect the law? That if a judge has a religious faith, he should not be a judge? How does a man separate his personal beliefs from his thinking and thus his judgements or his vote? As long as no law is establishing religion, or a judge is judging within the law, ideas and judgements based in religious viewpoints should be allowed to be reflected in our laws and the public.

Dr Grump said:

So does abortion, but the left continues to support it. You need to make another distinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back