What will you believe if science recreates the beginings of life?

What I can't understand, and maybe someone can explain it...why does it upset people so much to think we share an ancestor with a chimp?

What I can't understand, and maybe someone can explain it...why does it upset people so much to think we share an ancestor with a chimp?
Because they make that a comparison to a chimp, and they don't like what they see.

How complex can it possibly be? He's arguing over a range that is so isolated that it has no bearing on the overall argument he's making. OK, a brook trout may not be like other trout, but I'm willing to bet it ain't even close to a monkey.

The point is that you can't go by appearance to determine where a creature is on the evolutionary tree. I used a trout example, because I'm familiar with trout.

I used another example, which no one has addressed:

Which is closer, a turtle and an armadillo, or a tiger and an armadillo?

Here is the question we were addressing.

Pardon me if this has been mentioned already, but does evolution include monkeys becoming man, or has that been ruled in or out by Science?

Here is the answer.

Yes, most likely our immediate ancestors looked more like chimps than like modern man. I suppose if you want to lump all non human primates into a single group, you could make a point that "man descended from monkeys."

From a scientific point of view, it is a lot more complex than that.

evolution.jpg

Last edited:
Humans that deny we are just smarter (debatable) animals are in fact simply less different than the animals they wish to separate themselves from.

Forum List

Back