Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WOODBURY, N.Y. — A waiter who shocked guests at a Jewish wedding by playing a recording of a crowd chanting in Arabic has pleaded not guilty to felony harassment.

Stephen Buttafuoco, 23, said he was playing the recording for a co-worker and was unaware it was being amplified over a sound system at the Woodbury Jewish Center during the Jan. 4 wedding, his lawyer Tom Spreer said.

FOXNews.com - Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Another inflammatory, divisive story brought to you by Fox News.

Has the waiter been sent to Egypt in extraordinary rendition for a terrorist act?

What's amazing to me is that the guy was charged with felony harassment.

I can't believe that the police arrested some for playing the wrong music.

What's next?

A person getting arrested for mistakenly playing jazz music at a country and western bar??

What's next?

A person getting arrested for mistakenly playing jazz music at a country and western bar??

I doubt it was a simple mistake. It sounds to me like deliberate harassment.

What's next?

Go bus that table then go sweep the floor.

SunniMan Wrote:

Oh come on now, Sunni....do your reading before you start spouting silliness like the guy just made the mistake of playing Brittany Spears to a crowd of Christina Aquillera fans.

From the article:
Investigators said he made the recording when he attended a rally opposing the Israeli offensive in Gaza, during which protesters chanted, "Allah Akbar," or "God is great."

It hardly sounds like he was playing the latest "Muslim Brittany Spears" #1 song...he was playing the sounds of angry people protesting Israel - I can certainly see how a group of Jewish people at a celebration might find that a bit hostile and threatening.

I'm interested in how, while innocently sharing a clip of Muslims protesting Israel to a pal in the middle of a Jewish wedding, it "just happens" to get played over the venues sound system so that all of the Jewish party-goers in attendance get to hear a loud blast of anti-Israel sentiment...

If they can explain that, then it seems like it could very well be a very poor-timed mistake and no charges should be filed other than "poor taste."

But lets at least keep the facts straight...shall we?

Another inflammatory, divisive story brought to you by Fox News.

Has the waiter been sent to Egypt in extraordinary rendition for a terrorist act?

FOX NEWS made this up?

pass the koolaid.

FOX News? It's an Associated Press story, not Sean Hannity.

gawd, you're starting to get on my nerves with the PC idiocy.

Not a fan of the presumption of innocence?

another moronic statement in this thread?

The "presumption of innocence" concept is a legal one for the courts. The state and witnesses do NOT presume innocence. Observers are not required to presume innocence. What ever happened to your fastest horse...did she go lame in the last race?

:eusa_whistle:

another moronic statement in this thread?

The "presumption of innocence" concept is a legal one for the courts. The state and witnesses do NOT presume innocence. Observers are not required to presume innocence. What ever happened to your fastest horse...did she go lame in the last race?

:eusa_whistle:

My bad, I thought it said he was charged with a felony.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, Muslims are not afforded the same presumption of innocence that the rest of us enjoy.

Carry on.

two moronic statements from a single poster in a single thread?

:clap2:

mani, read the fukin'*story before you opine from your toilet seat...

Stephen Buttafuoco, 23, said he was playing the recording for a co-worker...

...where is the term Muslim mentioned?

:eek:

Forum List

Back