What will you be voting for in November?

What is your position on four main issues for 2010? (Multiple choice)

• I believe we can spend ourselves out of the current economic situation.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I want Congress to spend only on absolutely necessary things.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • I favor higher taxes, especially on the rich, for deficit reduction.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Unnecessary taxes hinder job creation and hurt everybody.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • I will give up some freedoms and options for the common good.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I am unwilling to trust government with much of my freedom or opportunities.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Deficit spending is necessary and is not a problem in these difficult economic times.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Deficit spending is digging us into a hole we may never fully recover from.

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • You didn't address my primary concerns and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
I think all the problem with this 'voting local' when it comes to the federal positions is that would mean that you want your representatives to bring home something for you.. and I think that is the wrong way to look at the federal government.... I will be voting for US Senate and Congress for the best candidate that sticks to smaller government and the intent of the constitution, not someone who promises projects or bennies for the local area

This is precisely the message of the Tea Party spirit. For too long we have been complaining about the White House and Congress--everybody's representatives but our own. We like our own guys. They bring home the bacon. They point to all the stuff they've gotten for our state.

But what they don't point to is all the pork, earmarks, whatever they had to vote for in order to get stuff for their own state, and in the process have spent or committed hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars that will be allocated in the most inefficient way possible to accomplish anything.

No nation has ever been able to spend itself into prosperity. No nation has ever prospered that acquired debt that its children and grandchildren would be required to pay off. And it is inevitable that the more the government takes in taxes so that it can buy our votes, the less we will be able to prosper.

New Topics

Forum List

Back