What will you be voting for in November?

What is your position on four main issues for 2010? (Multiple choice)

• I believe we can spend ourselves out of the current economic situation.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I want Congress to spend only on absolutely necessary things.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • I favor higher taxes, especially on the rich, for deficit reduction.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Unnecessary taxes hinder job creation and hurt everybody.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • I will give up some freedoms and options for the common good.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I am unwilling to trust government with much of my freedom or opportunities.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Deficit spending is necessary and is not a problem in these difficult economic times.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Deficit spending is digging us into a hole we may never fully recover from.

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • You didn't address my primary concerns and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
A far left President would not nominate a moderate judge. A far left judge would have passed socialized medicine, which Obama care is not. The only true form of socialized medicine in this country, is what the military recieves at the VA.
In socialized medicine, you do not go through a private insurance company, you do not see a private doctor, and you are not allowed to choose the company you go through. It would also cover everyone.

Employment benefit is not socialized medicine

I'm done voting.

It doesn't fucking matter who you vote for. Dimocrats expand government, Repugnantcans expand government and both parites strive to do nothing but take more of the money we earn.

Fuck it.

Not sure yet. My choice will be between what you see is what you get Democrats or Republicans who won't call themselves Republicans in their ads and invoke independent/conservative/tea party monikers and rhetoric to garner votes when in fact they are just recycled neocon/social conservatives. Where the hell are the libertarian candidates when you need them?

I'd actually love to see an old school libertarian on the ballot. I think we need a shot of libertarianism right now. Not necessarily to pass a full-on libertarian agenda, but a voice with enough power to to influence the debate and hopefully reign in the extremes on both sides. Meaning the chickenhawking and social agenda of the neocons and conservatives and the out of control defecits of the neocons and liberals.

Both "sides" have some good ideas in theory, but they need a bloc to shake them up and make them cooperate instead of the BS reindeer games they've been playing. Libertarians would work nicely. :thup:

Not sure yet. My choice will be between what you see is what you get Democrats or Republicans who won't call themselves Republicans in their ads and invoke independent/conservative/tea party monikers and rhetoric to garner votes when in fact they are just recycled neocon/social conservatives. Where the hell are the libertarian candidates when you need them?

I'd actually love to see an old school libertarian on the ballot. I think we need a shot of libertarianism right now. Not necessarily to pass a full-on libertarian agenda, but a voice with enough power to to influence the debate and hopefully reign in the extremes on both sides. Meaning the chickenhawking and social agenda of the neocons and conservatives and the out of control defecits of the neocons and liberals.

Both "sides" have some good ideas in theory, but they need a bloc to shake them up and make them cooperate instead of the BS reindeer games they've been playing. Libertarians would work nicely. :thup:

An overwhelming number of likely voters--I think more than 80% now--have voted the economy as their No. 1 concern right now and the No. 1 issue of most importance in the November election.

The No. 2 concern is graft and corruption in government.

The way I see it, we will be voting for the candidates there are to vote for come November. That has already been decided and there's not much we can do about that at this p;oint.

Now we can vote for the candidates that we believe will support the issues we marked up there in the poll, and for me that is a no brainer in most elections in November, or we can vote for the candidate we have always voted for or that represents the party we think is the best party or whatever.

And so far nobody has supported options #1, #3, #5, or #7 up there.

Once people are back to work and no longer worried about where their next paycheck or meal is coming from, they'll be more willing to focus on issues that aren't listed up there.

Last edited:
Basically our vote in November will determine the direction the country will take for the next two years.

And for those things that affect all of us, it comes down to the following four issues:

***Government spending.

***Tax policy and the effect of that on jobs.

***Individual liberties, options, choices, and opportunities.

***Deficit spending and the short range and long range effect of that.

In my opinion, all citizens should now be focusing on these four issues, and whatever side they come down on re those four issues should determine who they vote for.

What say you? And who do you think is more likely to represent your views on those four issues?

I will vote for the President if he chooses to run again in 2012. You didn't mention foreign policy which is the issue dearest to my heart.

I will vote for Jerry Brown for governor.

You're voting for Obama because of his foreign policy?

Maybe I read that wrong.

I'm in Ohio...Cleveland, to be precise. National policies are not on my agenda in deciding who to vote for in this election. We have a huge public corruption problem here, and I'll be voting against all the incumbents. For the most part, that means I'll be voting a Republican ticket.

I'm rather surprised more of you aren't focused on your state, etc. in this election...especially you guys in California, NY and Illinois.

I'm in Ohio...Cleveland, to be precise. National policies are not on my agenda in deciding who to vote for in this election. We have a huge public corruption problem here, and I'll be voting against all the incumbents. For the most part, that means I'll be voting a Republican ticket.

I'm rather surprised more of you aren't focused on your state, etc. in this election...especially you guys in California, NY and Illinois.

I thnk they will be focused on local elections as we get closer. You might want to subscribe to my Election 2010 thread in which I hope we will be tracking that especially as the election gets closer.

Here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/133217-countdown-to-november-2010-election.html

But even locally, we have to know what issues are important to us to know how to vote locally.

You mentioned corruption in your state. According to Rasmussen, that moved into the #2 concern for all likely voters in the last year and securely holds that slot. The economy remains the #1 concern.

Last edited:
I voted, but my top issues - or rather, the causes of my top issues - aren't on there, nor are the poll options really nuanced enough. For example, of course I only want Congress to spend on "absolutely necessary" things. But my idea of necessary and yours are probably two very different things.

What I'd really like to see is a mainstream social liberal, fiscal conservative who will move conservatively in the colloquial sense. I really don't give a flying fig what letter is attached to the name. Meaning on the fiscal side taking the time to go through the budget line by line and actually think about what they're cutting and the likely impact, rather than ramming through some massive ideologically driven package in order to crow about it in time for for the next election - and leave us all dealing with the unintended consequences for years afterward. We can save massive amounts of money and make much wiser investments in what we do spend it on by doing it in a well thought out and orderly manner instead of with a chain saw after a fifth of Jack.

People who say foreign policy doesn't matter to them conveniently forget we still have two wars and a global anti-terror initiative going on with all of its attendant issues (such as NNP, for example). They also fail to mention that war is really, really expensive. Which is where I favor the libertarian nonintervenionist stance. (NOT isolationism, they are two different animals.) We also need to focus on fair trade, increasing and maintaining cooperation with our allies and others who are essential to locating, capturing and killing terrorists, and many other related issues of top importance to both the economy and security. All of which require a return to soft power as the primary tool.

There's quite a bit more, but those are my quick and dirty top priorities off the cuff. You did ask. ;)

I think all the problem with this 'voting local' when it comes to the federal positions is that would mean that you want your representatives to bring home something for you.. and I think that is the wrong way to look at the federal government.... I will be voting for US Senate and Congress for the best candidate that sticks to smaller government and the intent of the constitution, not someone who promises projects or bennies for the local area

A far left President would not nominate a moderate judge. A far left judge would have passed socialized medicine, which Obama care is not. The only true form of socialized medicine in this country, is what the military recieves at the VA.
In socialized medicine, you do not go through a private insurance company, you do not see a private doctor, and you are not allowed to choose the company you go through. It would also cover everyone.

What, so we're supposed to ignore Obama's comment that it would be impossible to bring in 'universal' care immediately.... that it needs to be a step by step process and that this bill is the FIRST STEP in that process.

Roger that. We'll forget about looking past the nose on our face and just pretend the guy is fine and dandy.

Except..... some of us are smarter than that. We DO pay attention to his words, we DO remember the past, we actually don't look just at short term, we consider the medium and long term.

basically our vote in november will determine the direction the country will take for the next two years.

And for those things that affect all of us, it comes down to the following four issues:

***government spending.

***tax policy and the effect of that on jobs.

***individual liberties, options, choices, and opportunities.

***deficit spending and the short range and long range effect of that.

In my opinion, all citizens should now be focusing on these four issues, and whatever side they come down on re those four issues should determine who they vote for.

What say you? And who do you think is more likely to represent your views on those four issues?

who ever offers ..hope..and change..lol

I believe we need to vote out the dems this time. Next time maybe the repubs to get rid of more incumbents. And I'm not even a tea partier.

Establishement politicians are the larger issue here. Too much power and the arrogance that comes with it, from both sides.

Stupid crap like losing a primary, and then changing to independent or writing in your name just so you can run. Puleese!!!

I will be voting to stop Obama.... which I guess will probably mean I'll vote GOP. Ouch.... but it has to be done.

Forum List

Back