What Will Happen in Education

Discussion in 'Education' started by IndependntLogic, May 26, 2012.

1. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    MY PREDICTION FOR EDUCATION: My daughter and I were discussing the fact that she is able to do homework online. After letting her know that I had to walk to school 5 miles through the snow (uphill both ways, of course), I let her know what kids just starting school now, would be doing when they graduated. It made perfect sense to her but I realize a lot of people don’t think the way I do and so thought I’d share it with you.
    There will be no such thing as a high school or college textbook anymore. All school desk will be embedded with Tablet technology. Students will be issued a code and a flash drive. Their “books” will be pulled up on their desk and include audio and video clips. The nicer schools will also have 3-D holographic technology for the teachers and some of the classes. Testing, grading and anti-cheating software will help to compensate for the large classroom sizes. Of course there will always be students who figure out how to “hack the test”. Students will be able to see 3-D images of Kennedy giving a speech, touch a word on their screen and hear it spoken in the language they are studying and with the proper accent etc… It will take a while to refine but the long term effect will be a much higher quality of education. Additionally, since the overwhelming majority of commercial books, periodicals etc… will be electronic, the effect on the environment will be positive. The plummeting demand for paper and wood (for other reasons) will literally save The Rain Forest in the twelfth hour.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Here B a hint. Wurd ?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg]Uhhh...what did she just say?? Miss Teen South Carolina 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,726
    Maybe kids won't even have to study in the future. They can click on to good grades without thinking and use all that leisure time that used to be devoted to homework to play video games. Kids that refuse to comply will simply be drugged into submission.

4. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    How'z Roanoke these daze ? :eusa_shhh:

5. old navy

old navy <<< Action Figures

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    The rain forest wood will still be used for cooking and heating.

6. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
  7. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,726
    I get down there now and then. They used to have a decent gun show at the Civic Center.

8. logical4u

logical4u citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +543
    If the "greenies" have it their way, there will be no electricity. No pumped water or sewage (electricity is bad for the environment). No visiting national parks (your presence will pollute the pristine environment). Better teach her how to grow her own vegatables, cause that is probably the only way she will be able to have an income (black market of course), because the gov't will tell you when to get up, what to do, when to go to bed, and when you will be put to death.

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    And no computers, which use all sorts of environmentally unfriendly and unrecyclable parts.

10. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic.

Okay so I was wrong about WHERE the wood that would be saved, would come from. You see, people of character can simply admit when they're wrong about something. In this case, it's WHERE the wood that would be saved, would come from. I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic. When a person's character is reflected in the fact they never have anything of substance to say and also go out of their way to find some way to insult a stranger on the internet, it says something about them. Congratuations. Do you feel special now?[/

I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic.[/

Hmmm. Six posts and only one relevant point. Yes computer provide an entirely different type of threat to the environment. It is my hope that we figure out a way to improve upon that.

Last edited: May 26, 2012