What will be the first to go if libs take over?

Conservatism itself has not been debased. People who are not conservative claiming to be conservatives has just clouded the term. The same happened with liberalism a couple of decades ago. What is considered a "mainstream" liberal now, was an extremist left-wingnut kook when I was a teenager.

The moderate, normal-thinking people who are too busy making a living to combat these morons have let extremists drive the trains for both sides for too long. They need to be slapped back into the corner where they belong.

That is so true! I find it ironic that the two terms (liberal and conservative) have become cuss words. Extremists made them that way.

And a liberal sits there drowning, waiting on Big Brother to come tell them to get out of the water.

and their was no government program to show them how to climb into a bus, fill the bus with people until full, have someone sit in the drivers seat, turn a key, start the bus, and get the hell out of the area

Instead a parking lot full of buses sat under water

That is so true! I find it ironic that the two terms (liberal and conservative) have become cuss words. Extremists made them that way.

People like RSR made them that way by using them as attack points.

Conservatism itself has not been debased. People who are not conservative claiming to be conservatives has just clouded the term. The same happened with liberalism a couple of decades ago. What is considered a "mainstream" liberal now, was an extremist left-wingnut kook when I was a teenager.

The moderate, normal-thinking people who are too busy making a living to combat these morons have let extremists drive the trains for both sides for too long. They need to be slapped back into the corner where they belong.

One of the strong points humans possess is the ability to adapt. Aside from Antarctica we're indigenous to every single part of the planet. It's natural for humans to adapt to their environment. We're naturally progressive, we change as we need to. And that goes for our social mores as well. Conservatism is actually anathema to adaptation. It use is to slow us down a bit, to caution us against too fast adaptation, but if it's made a shibboleth it merely drags us backwards.

In political terms conservatism isn't an attitude, it's a set of bedrock principles. Some of those principles I admire and respect and will observe, others I ditch because they're not useful any longer.

For me conservatism is a dragging anchor, but a useful one. It's not an altar at which to worship.

People like RSR made them that way by using them as attack points.

Most liberals run away from the term liberal like a vampire from daylight. they know America is not a liberal country

Look who Dems ran in the last election - candidates who could have ran as Republicans

Most liberals run away from the term liberal like a vampire from daylight. they know America is not a liberal country

Look who Dems ran in the last election - candidates who could have ran as Republicans

Do you perhaps suppose thats because Conservative ideas have so infected our society that it would be ill advised to go against the grain?

Dont you think with the Number one rated News Network (FoxNews) spouting Conservative Rhetoric that it would be hard to counter such ingrained societal indoctrination?

Our democracy is a popularity contest.

Politicians are judged on their Image, not Issues.

What politician could win saying they will make positive changes in health care, Education and Environment?

Those are secondary to Gay Marriage, Abortion, and War.

Do you perhaps suppose thats because Conservative ideas have so infected our society that it would be ill advised to go against the grain?

Dont you think with the Number one rated News Network (FoxNews) spouting Conservative Rhetoric that it would be hard to counter such ingrained societal indoctrination?

Our democracy is a popularity contest.

Politicians are judged on their Image, not Issues.

What politician could win saying they will make positive changes in health care, Education and Environment?

Those are secondary to Gay Marriage, Abortion, and War.

The only reason ems won in the last election was because Republicans walked away from Ronald Reagan conservatism

That is what put Republicans in power. Now , as always, dems are overplaying their hand

America does not want Hillarycare son. Even the Dems slapped her down on that.

Walter Reed was a perfect example of Hillary care - is that what Dems want for all of us?

The only reason ems won in the last election was because Republicans walked away from Ronald Reagan conservatism

That is what put Republicans in power. Now , as always, dems are overplaying their hand

America does not want Hillarycare son. Even the Dems slapped her down on that.

Walter Reed was a perfect example of Hillary care - is that what Dems want for all of us?

Dems have problems with issues, because they see them rationally, they are easily persuaded by logical thought.

So they change their minds and arent as convicted in their stances.

Conservatives believe without a doubt the shit that comes out of their mouths, and will never back down, especially when they are wrong.

So they resort to slinging mud, which cannot be countered,

Its dirty politics to question somones Patriotism, and to call them Anti American for expressing their freedoms.

If everyone agreed with your views We wouldnt be very free now would we?

In your ideal world, everyone would be saying what you say, and that is called totalitarianism.

LIbs and Dems are an absolute necessity to Republicans and Conservatives, Their existence keeps things balanced.

One side can only stay in power for so long, before people have thier say and change things.

Republicans push things in one direction and Democrates fight to pull it back.

You cannot honestly say that Global corporatization with the sole goal of short term profit, is healthy for any society, The planet isnt full of infinite resources and is not a garbage can.

And im not talking about Climate Change.

Yeah they want to tax the rich,

and institute health care, education and environmental programs.

The "rich" are already paying the huge majority of taxes - yet it is not enough for libs

Hillary care is the last thing we need. It is falling apart in the UK

The US is spending records amounts on education

How much more do you want to spend and how much morein taxes do you want people to pay?

The "rich" are already paying the huge majority of taxes - yet it is not enough for libs

Hillary care is the last thing we need. It is falling apart in the UK

The US is spending records amounts on education

How much more do you want to spend and how much morein taxes do you want people to pay?

I think we should pay until the US is number one in infant mortality, and number one in literacy.

you obviously feel otherwise.

The top 25% pay 86% iof all federal income taxes - how much more do you want them to pay?

Show me where you get those numbers.

How is it possible that 25% of the population pays 86% of the taxes?

What is the other 75% of the population paying nothing? 14% does that make sense to you?

Show me where you get those numbers.

How is it possible that 25% of the population pays 86% of the taxes?

What is the other 75% of the population paying nothing? 14% does that make sense to you?

The IRS - since they process the tax returns they would know

The bottom 50% of wage earners - "the poor" pay only 4% of Federal income taxes

Forum List

Back