What white people can do to fight racism

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
UNC
11 things white people can do to be real anti-racist allies - Salon.com

Stop talking for a minute and just listen: Comparing the situation a person of color is in to some personal anecdote of yours is not as constructive as you think it is.

Do not think that your innate wisdom or some personal experience has prepared you for a discussion. Do some research before trying to engage in a conversation, preferably written by a person color. Make sure Sarah Palin hasn’t written an op-ed for said outlet.

And, for the love of god, stop asking about our hair.

This might be the single most valuable line in the whole piece:

"Stop talking for a minute and just listen"​

Stop talking for a minute and just listen: Comparing the situation a person of color is in to some personal anecdote of yours is not as constructive as you think it is.

Do not think that your innate wisdom or some personal experience has prepared you for a discussion. Do some research before trying to engage in a conversation, preferably written by a person color. Make sure Sarah Palin hasn’t written an op-ed for said outlet.

I've just stopped.

One easy step would to be to stop being 'racist', especially as there is only one race.

This might be the single most valuable line in the whole piece:

"Stop talking for a minute and just listen"​

Once you do that, once you REALLY shut up and just listen, you find that we all have a lot more in common that we have differences.

One easy step would to be to stop being 'racist', especially as there is only one race.

Yes, the Human Race.

Racism will never end. That is because a whole industry has grown up around it. The Race Greivance Industry. People who make their living in this industry; Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Democrat Party, can not allow racism to ever die. There is nothing white people can do, don't let them bull shit you.

Last edited:
I feel as though an article such as this should be pointed at black since they are more racist than whites.

Of course you would say this.

Idiot.

Racism will never end. That is because a while industry has grown up around it. The Race Greivance Industry. People who make their living in this industry; Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Democrat Party, can not allow racism to ever die. There is nothing white people can do, don't let them bull shit you.

You whine a lot and this is the usual bullshit, always blaming others for your own failures

BUT

You accidentally hit on a basic truth.

There will always be racism because there will always be races. We're all basically alike, no real differences at all, but the lazy ^^^ and the ignorant ^^^ will always need scapegoats.

Instead of taking responsibility for making positive changes to your own life, you need to blame others for your lack of success. The blacks won't let you get ahead, the Hispanics take those really good jobs picking produce.

People of all races can be racist and most of us are. Its a weakness that we tend to stay with those who look the same as we do. Doesn't mean we can't fight against racism and ultimately make a difference in our world.

I feel as though an article such as this should be pointed at black since they are more racist than whites.

Idiot.

Racism will never end. That is because a while industry has grown up around it. The Race Greivance Industry. People who make their living in this industry; Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Democrat Party, can not allow racism to ever die. There is nothing white people can do, don't let them bull shit you.

You whine a lot and this is the usual bullshit, always blaming others for your own failures

BUT

There will always be racism because there will always be races. We're all basically alike, no real differences at all, but the lazy ^^^ and the ignorant ^^^ will always need scapegoats.

Instead of taking responsibility for making positive changes to your own life, you need to blame others for your lack of success. The blacks won't let you get ahead, the Hispanics take those really good jobs picking produce.

People of all races can be racist and most of us are. Its a weakness that we tend to stay with those who look the same as we do. Doesn't mean we can't fight against racism and ultimately make a difference in our world.
I say this because blacks want whites to change the way the live to accommodate them. It's not the majorities job to accommodate the bullshit the minority wants.

Idiot.

BUT

I say this because blacks want whites to change the way the live to accommodate them. It's not the majorities job to accommodate the bullshit the minority wants.

You say this because you are a slimy racist -- AND this ^^^ is untrue.

I am a white woman who works primarily with people of color. I don't work with anyone who has expressed a desire for me to change the way I live to accommodate them. My impression is that the people of color that I work with only want the same things that the rest of us want: To be treated fairly and with respect, to have the opportunity to do meaningful work, and to go about their lives unmolested without being treated with suspicion by law enforcement and others merely because of their skin color.

I don't see that it is so hard to do this. Shouldn't we treat all people with respect?

I can see why black people might want to put a boot up superman's ass and some duct tape over his mouth, though. But then, so do I.

I am a white woman who works primarily with people of color. I don't work with anyone who has expressed a desire for me to change the way I live to accommodate them. My impression is that the people of color that I work with only want the same things that the rest of us want: To be treated fairly and with respect, to have the opportunity to do meaningful work, and to go about their lives unmolested without being treated with suspicion by law enforcement and others merely because of their skin color.

I don't see that it is so hard to do this. Shouldn't we treat all people with respect?

I can see why black people might want to put a boot up superman's ass and some duct tape over his mouth, though. But then, so do I.

In my opinion, if we all just treated others regardless of race the way we would want to be treated we would have no problem.

And, what is wrong with asking about your hair?

Well, I'm not black, and the black kids I work with always talk about my hair and want to touch it. But, for black women, I think it happens way more often for them than it does for other people, and it makes them feel like a dog or something.

When you have a particular segment of people that disproportionately commit more crimes, isn't it logical that these people would be viewed with suspicion? If they want to remove this cloud of suspicion they need to fix the underlying factor.

"Today blacks are about 13 percent of the population and continue to be responsible for an inordinate amount of crime. Between 1976 and 2005 blacks committed more than half of all murders in the United States. The black arrest rate for most offenses — including robbery, aggravated assault and property crimes — is still typically two to three times their representation in the population. Blacks as a group are also overrepresented among persons arrested for so-called white-collar crimes such as counterfeiting, fraud and embezzlement. And blaming this decades-long, well-documented trend on racist cops, prosecutors, judges, sentencing guidelines and drug laws doesn’t cut it as a plausible explanation."

Family secret What the left won t tell you about black crime - Washington Times

haha. Knowing the fact that way more black people commit crime makes it logical to watch them more closely. If you can't see the rationale for that then you're an idiot.

What a load of poppycock! The whole passel of blarney is based upon the false premise of "white supremacy". Where the f**k do you think we are, South Africa? POCs (what a joke!) have had equality of opportunity, or even better, Affirmative Action, on their side for decades. While many POCs (wretch!) have availed themselves of those opportunities, many, many more have bought into the myth of "white supremacy" and their own manufactured victimization. If POCs (seriously!) are victims, they are victims of their own inability to see through their liberal plantation-masters bullshit that pits them and their abilities against the phantasm of "white supremacy".

I, too, work with many POCs, of many nationalities and ethnicities. You'd be surprised the level of respect extended by all of us to the others. Most of us recognize that the others are working to improve their lives, support their families, and be respected. The problem I see is, racism is NOT a one-way street, that blacks (and other POCs) can, and often are, at least as racist as your "white supremacists". Until all of us shut up and listen, until ALL of us admit our part in such a dialog, nothing will happen. As long as only some are deemed guilty of racism, others will continue their smug belief that they are above others.

There are a lot of cool black people out there.
The thing I have a problem with is when some thug ghetto rat gets himself killed they all act like he was Gandhi and destroy five city blocks over it.
How in the hell are we supposed to take these people seriously?

Forum List

Back