What We Need In The United States

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
From a book by Joan Walsh:

A grieving Robert Kennedy broke the news of Rev. Martin Luther King’s assassination to a heavily black crowd on a campaign stop.

On the night of King’s murder, he reached into his own suffering to counsel the Indianapolis crowd away from vengeance.

“What we need in the United States is not division;

What we need in the United States is not hatred;

What we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness,

But is love and wisdom, and compassion toward one another,

And a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country,

Whether they be white or whether they be black.”

Two months later, Kennedy himself, would be murdered. His words, so needed then, are still so needed today. Are there ways we can reach that feeling of justice together?

We can never reach that goal as long as the corporate money profits from our hatred. Neither party is in control, because they are bought & paid for.

We can never reach that goal as long as the corporate money profits from our hatred. Neither party is in control, because they are bought & paid for.
I'm noticing as my car just went over 100,000 miles ford sales in June was down 5%. I'm getting mixed messages from Republicans. Do they want the middle class to save or spend? They've been telling us the middle class isn't saving enough but now watch they're going to want us spending or Trump isn't going to get the 4% growth he promised.

I'm trying to save. Best way to fuck the Republicans is save your money. Even though they aren't paying jack shit on savings accounts. They want us putting into 401ks so when they tank the market again they can make half of it disappears. And we will need something when they bankrupt social security.

People don't vote so they'll get away with it.

How come Republicans aren't vocal about their plans to cut social security? If they campaigned on it fine.

But ultimately it's the people's fault

I'm noticing as my car just went over 100,000 miles ford sales in June was down 5%. I'm getting mixed messages from Republicans. Do they want the middle class to save or spend? They've been telling us the middle class isn't saving enough but now watch they're going to want us spending or Trump isn't going to get the 4% growth he promised.

I'm trying to save. Best way to fuck the Republicans is save your money. Even though they aren't paying jack shit on savings accounts. They want us putting into 401ks so when they tank the market again they can make half of it disappears. And we will need something when they bankrupt social security.

Both democrats and republicans voted to change the rules so that the excess in the Social Security coffers could be "loaned" to the gov't. Both sides of the aisle have spent that money. And neither side has made any attempt to repay the debt.

Both democrats and republicans voted to change the rules so that the excess in the Social Security coffers could be "loaned" to the gov't. Both sides of the aisle have spent that money. And neither side has made any attempt to repay the debt.
Only one side wants to cut and ultimately end the program.

Both democrats and republicans voted to change the rules so that the excess in the Social Security coffers could be "loaned" to the gov't.

Actually, it was LBJ and the Democrat majorities in Congress who first included Social Security in the federal budget in order to conceal the fact that they had authorized $100 billion in spending for the first time in our history.

A grieving Robert Kennedy broke the news of Rev. Martin Luther King’s assassination to a heavily black crowd on a campaign stop.

On the night of King’s murder, he reached into his own suffering to counsel the Indianapolis crowd away from vengeance.

Two months later, Kennedy himself, would be murdered. His words, so needed then, are still so needed today. Are there ways we can reach that feeling of justice together?
Tell it to the liberals.

possum thinks what we need here in the United States...

... is free balogna sammiches on Tuesdays...

... dat'll keep everbody fed - n' happy.

You betcha. It would require that the leftist stop trying to throw the right down into the dirt and ramming their policies up our asses. Good luck with that!

Your brain is completely miswired. Hateful people like you need someone to blame for their misfortunes.

Your brain is completely miswired. Hateful people like you need someone to blame for their misfortunes.

What? Sounds to me like I'm doing pretty good. My Ford car is doing great even over 100K miles and I'm doing exactly what you rich spoiled arrogant Republicans tell us to do. Save.

Just because you are a con who's stupid to get the point doesn't mean I'm hateful or blaming anyone else for how fucking great I'm doing in life.

I don't hate Republicans anymore than you hated Democrats, prick.

Both democrats and republicans voted to change the rules so that the excess in the Social Security coffers could be "loaned" to the gov't.

Actually, it was LBJ and the Democrat majorities in Congress who first included Social Security in the federal budget in order to conceal the fact that they had authorized $100 billion in spending for the first time in our history.
How did they change it? Did it become an off-budget item?

And your brain isn't advanced enough to have an honest conversation. I know I through you off by saying I want to save to fuck the Republicans, but can't you at least discuss the subject? Should we save or spend? If we save the economy is not going to do good. If we spend like Republicans need us to, we will never save enough to retire. Why does having this conversation make you uncomfortable? I suspect you are experiencing Cognitive Dissonance my stupid friend.

Harvard’s Larry Summers is worrying about a “savings glut” leading to “secular stagnation.” More saving, in his view, would be a terrible thing for the economy as a whole.

The major problem of the recession was that people with less housing equity stopped spending.

The Fed itself has been promoting exactly the opposite of “asset-building” on a macroeconomic level. It wants spending, lots of spending, and now. Negative 2 percent real interest rates for five years are not exactly a clarion call to get people to save more.

They don't want us to save!!!

So, does the Fed really want more saving, or more spending? Or, somehow, more of both? Or for people to save more and the economy to save less somehow? Budget constraints are a cruel reality ignored in Keynesian economics.

Perhaps this is why Ms. Yellen chooses to use the word “asset-building” not “saving,” which is Keynesian poison. But I’m hard pressed to know how one can do the former without the latter.

Does the Fed want us to save or spend?

What? Sounds to me like I'm doing pretty good. My Ford car is doing great even over 100K miles and I'm doing exactly what you rich spoiled arrogant Republicans tell us to do. Save.

Just because you are a con who's stupid to get the point doesn't mean I'm hateful or blaming anyone else for how fucking great I'm doing in life.

I don't hate Republicans anymore than you hated Democrats, prick.
I'm not rich or a party member, but you're a pinhead. I hate liberalism and feel sorry for liberals. You all are hypnotized.

And 100k miles is nothing for a modern auto if maintained, what little is needed.

Joan Walsh is a lying, self hating old hag.

She didn't used to be, though.

Confessions of a former self-hating white person

Joan Walsh is a lying, self hating old hag.

She didn't used to be, though.

Confessions of a former self-hating white person
Regardless of how you feel about Joan Walsh, the words of Kennedy remain the same, and, I believe, very pertinent today.

Forum List

Back