This might prove to be helpful in understanding the US's obligations under asylum law.

Trump didn't care about immigration enough to do what it takes while in office. It's just another fundraiser for him.

i would welcome scores of illegals walking in my back yard at 3 am leaving their waste.....i owe it to them to do this
I've lived in Miami my entire life and never had an illegal wonder into my back yard. What kind of Bingo arguments are these?

Trump didn't care about immigration enough to do what it takes while in office. It's just another fundraiser for him.
hey 85,000 children are here without parents and no one knows who they are..........we owe it to these kids to send them to epsteins

No. Biden can't change it whenever he feels like. He's not a dictator you dipshit. Congress makes the laws, the President enforces them.
Hold on…didn’t the Kenyan create his own law in DACA?
Didn’t Trump create his own law in ‘remain in Mexico’?
One party always creates laws that favor Mexico’s filth and fuck Americans over and one party tends to create laws that protect Americans from Mexico’s filth.

but but but…”the parties are one and the same”

Golfing Gator
dblack
pknopp

My English isn't perfect but Jesus guy, if you're going to cry about other people's English yours better be fucking perfect. 😄
this is so unimportant to me i don't care...not bad english though for never working for a boss a day in my life and living a total free life while i laugh at everyone here who wasted a life...huh?

working for someone is one of the worst things in life i could think of, i would not want to live

Hold on…didn’t the Kenyan create his own law in DACA?
Didn’t Trump create his own law in ‘remain in Mexico’?
One party always creates laws that favor Mexico’s filth and fuck Americans over and one party tends to create laws that protect Americans from Mexico’s filth.

but but but…”the parties are one and the same”

Golfing Gator
dblack
pknopp
Issuing an EO doesn't create a new law. See how much you're learning.

USA has zero obligation to asylum seekers who want onto the gravy train
Being a sap isn’t even virtue signaling

It's a key wedge issue and fundraiser for the whole POT. It's why they have refused to agree to the many compromise reform plans floated over the last 20 years.

Asylum in the United States

As a signatory to the 1967 Protocol, and through U.S. immigration law, the United States has legal obligations to provide protection to those who qualify as refugees. The Refugee Act established two paths to obtain refugee status—either from abroad as a resettled refugee or in the United States as an asylum seeker.

There's a lot of info available at the link with respect to the actual asylum process. Not the process heard about from those with an interest in disinformation. After all, immigration will be a go-to issue for Repubs in the coming election cycle. And we can expect them to spew lots and lots of lies about it.

My personal feeling is the standards for qualification need to be made more strict. Something I believe is being negotiated in Congress as part of a compromise reform package.
So, you agree in order to stop the madness laws need to be changed. Now you are beginning to understand. Glad to have you on board.

I eagerly await your admission of an error.
I’ll give you a half point

Every politician running for office will say they are the only one best qualified for the job

I never heard a politician say otherwise

You are a typical trump hating lib who doggedly pursues the trivial instead of the bigger and more important part of my post

Specifically that we should try to cooperate on trade policy instead of fighting over every detail

But knowing how much joy libs get from bashing trump I wont get my hopes up

It goes without saying that the left has for, for the past 40 years, engaged in direct misinformation regarding immigration. The asylum laws and how they are interpreted and enforced are the actual problem.

Our asylum laws need to be scrapped and rewritten to require that any asylum granted be approved BEFORE presenting yourself to our border or a customs agent at some transportation hub. In addition, all asylum requests at our borders are to be summarily denied and dismissed, the claimant turned away.

I have a silly question. Do you understand what asylum means?

People in Peru, Venezuela, Columbia, and many other places as an example. They offend the local drug cartels, and have to flee for their lives. Sometimes leaving the corpses of family members behind. According to you, they need to apply for Asylum before departing. Wouldn’t it be easier to issue them a bullet to commit suicide instead of an asylum packet?

What it really is, well to put it simply, is arrogance. I remember Trump saying that Mexico isn’t sending us their best and brightest.

Who do you think was on the Mayflower? It wasn’t the best and brightest in England, or anywhere else in Europe. It was the refuse. The unwanted scum who were taking up space.

No Father sat down with his family and said life is pretty good. We are literally tripping over gold bars we are so rich. But we are going to board a rickety leaky boat. This thing might hold together long enough for us to die of scurvy. But we are going to do this because the wild American colonies where we will be slaughtered by Wild Indians or die of starvation wants the best and brightest.

Australia was populated by criminals, and founded as a penal colony. We were too in a lot of ways.

Idiots.

Forum List

Back