What we "learn" from Trump's speeches

In summary my opinion is that Trump thinks he can greatly expand the economy through stimulating capitalism and I believe he can actually do that

Then, let him lobby for a position as commerce secretary (or ambassador to Mexico)....

Realize it or not, our government cannot be run like a "big business" enterprise......those who think so are actually ANTI-Constitution.

In summary my opinion is that Trump thinks he can greatly expand the economy through stimulating capitalism and I believe he can actually do that

Then, let him lobby for a position as commerce secretary (or ambassador to Mexico)....

Realize it or not, our government cannot be run like a "big business" enterprise......those who think so are actually ANTI-Constitution.

OUr government is not run like a big business.

Those who think it is, have an inflated view of the role of business in our society.

This is not ANTI-constitution, it is an error.

THe fact that you need to inflate an error and difference of opinion to being "ANTI- constitution" is just you being slandering your partisan opponents.

THe fact that you need to inflate an error and difference of opinion to being "ANTI- constitution" is just you being slandering your partisan opponents.

No, you misunderstood my post......

Some right wingers are supporting Trump because he is a "good" businessman and would like the country to be run like a business.

Conversely, I am stating that our government should NOT be run like a business because there should be humanistic and ethical components to government which most business practices could not ever tolerate.

If one didn’t know the definition of the term “demagoguery”, just listening to Trump’s speeches would offer an adequate definition.

What do we learn from this clown’s speeches?

1. Religion……….His book is second ONLY to the Bible

2. Trade……..The Chinese cheat and our negotiators are “stupid”

3. Immigration……Building a “beautiful wall” with Trump’s name on it is THE answer.

4. ISIS………”Let’s go to Iraq and steal their oil”

5. Jobs…………”I will be the best job-president that God has ever created”

6. Infrastructure…I have built beautiful buildings all over the east coast”

7. Campaign funding………”Yeah, yeah, I used to bribe politicians myself…but not any more…”

8. Media’s influence……….”Networks love me……my antics are fun to watch and increase ratings.”

9. Women’s Issues………..”I adore and worship women……just ask my previous wives.”

10. Education…………..”I went to the best school for only smart people……and I’m very smart”
Now, good folks, THAT is quite the “winning platform,” for the presidency, don’t you think?

If Trump is so wildly popular among Republicans, why is it that thread after thread about him is started by Democrats?

If Trump is so wildly popular among Republicans, why is it that thread after thread about him is started by Democrats?

Our collective love of comedy??

If one didn’t know the definition of the term “demagoguery”, just listening to Trump’s speeches would offer an adequate definition.

What do we learn from this clown’s speeches?

1. Religion……….His book is second ONLY to the Bible

2. Trade……..The Chinese cheat and our negotiators are “stupid”

3. Immigration……Building a “beautiful wall” with Trump’s name on it is THE answer.

4. ISIS………”Let’s go to Iraq and steal their oil”

5. Jobs…………”I will be the best job-president that God has ever created”

6. Infrastructure…I have built beautiful buildings all over the east coast”

7. Campaign funding………”Yeah, yeah, I used to bribe politicians myself…but not any more…”

8. Media’s influence……….”Networks love me……my antics are fun to watch and increase ratings.”

9. Women’s Issues………..”I adore and worship women……just ask my previous wives.”

10. Education…………..”I went to the best school for only smart people……and I’m very smart”
Now, good folks, THAT is quite the “winning platform,” for the presidency, don’t you think?

Democrat strategy is to brand Trump and confine his support to the very right leaning Republican base. Hence all their talking points and probes are directed at separating Trump from independents and prevent his popularity from growing beyond a limited base. His numbers are rising as voters turn away from other Republicans candidates and join with him instead. He needs to attract folks from outside of that base of far right leaning Republicans and the remnants of the Tea Party and Christian Coalition. White people.

Democrat strategy is to brand Trump and confine his support to the very right leaning Republican base. Hence all their talking points and probes are directed at separating Trump from independents and prevent his popularity from growing beyond a limited base. His numbers are rising as voters turn away from other Republicans candidates and join with him instead. He needs to attract folks from outside of that base of far right leaning Republicans and the remnants of the Tea Party and Christian Coalition. White people.

As the paragon of hucksters, Trump does NOT need anyone to "brand" him; heck, "The Art of the Deal" is Trump's manifesto and brand.

Secondly, calling for Trump to "attract [more] tea sippers, Christians AND white people" smacks just a bit about the color of your neck.

[

Actually it can be and there is nothing in the Constitution to prohibit it.

There are a few core functions of the government that can be operated efficiently like a businesses should be operated.

What we can't continue to do is have a big bloated, out of control debt ridden welfare state government that is being managed by a bunch of incompetent politically driven bureaucrats like this idiot Obama.

[

Actually it can be and there is nothing in the Constitution to prohibit it.

There are a few core functions of the government that can be operated efficiently like a businesses should be operated.

What we can't continue to do is have a big bloated, out of control debt ridden welfare state government that is being managed by a bunch of incompetent politically driven bureaucrats like this idiot Obama.

No, there can't. Without profit there is no incentive to server your customers

You'll be wallowing in your own bile for the next 2 years because of your Obama-hatred syndrome.......Get a life.

[

No, there can't. Without profit there is no incentive to server your customers

Government should have a profit motive and that is to make sure that the American people gets it money's worth. That is the "profit". It can do that by adopting good sound business practices and establishing accountability. The thing that has been missing from our government is accountability and that is why the friggin government is so damn inefficient.

As an example most of the people that caused the problems in the VA have never been held accountable for their gross neglect of our veterans. Nobody in the IRS was held accountable for blatant attack on the Tea Party. That is what happens when bureaucrats runs things.

We had the "community organizers" run this government and see the disaster that produced. Prior to that we had governors and other politicians. All that management has produced is bigger government, horrendous debt and astronomical inefficiency.

It is time we made a change, don't you think?

The whole country is suffering because of Obama. It is not just me.

Not, not just you.....there must be a whole bunch of tea baggers that "share your pain"......But, for the rest of us life is good.

Forum List

Back