What was Easter like for you while growing up?

Mix of everything. Always a big meal though. I loved that... and so many family members would come over we had to eat outside wherever we could find a place to sit. Played guitars and watched the youngest ones hunt their eggs. Good times

Mix of everything. Always a big meal though. I loved that... and so many family members would come over we had to eat outside wherever we could find a place to sit. Played guitars and watched the youngest ones hunt their eggs. Good times
:)

We had baskets, we hid eggs around our house and yard, and at noon we went to my auntie Shirley's for ham dinner...ham, potato salad, all sorts of goodies. My aunts and my mom were all good cooks.

Stayed up late to watch the Ten Commandments. "So let it be written, so let it be done".

We would color boiled eggs Saturday evening, which was fun.

Easter morning my 3 siblings and I would have an Easter egg scavenger hunt. My mother would put candy in little plastic eggs with our initials on them along with a little note with a clue to lead us to the next egg. Sometimes there would be a silver dollar instead of candy in the eggs.

Then later we would go to Grandma's house for Easter dinner.

We would color boiled eggs Saturday evening, which was fun.

Easter morning my 3 siblings and I would have an Easter egg scavenger hunt. My mother would put candy in little plastic eggs with our initials on them along with a little note with a clue to lead us to the next egg. Sometimes there would be a silver dollar instead of candy in the eggs.

Then later we would go to Grandma's house for Easter dinner.
Sounds like you had some fun times. :)

Forum List

Back