Zone1 What to Do with Gaza?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I am stumped by what to do with the two million Palestinians living in Gaza. A simple idea is to leave them alone, but this has resulted in endless war with Israel. On the other hand, no other country appears willing to assume responsibility for this area. A third possibility would to resettle these people elsewhere, but who would want to accept them? My biggest fear is that the US might try to do this.

Any thoughts/solutions?

I am stumped by what to do with the two million Palestinians living in Gaza. A simple idea is to leave them alone, but this has resulted in endless war with Israel. On the other hand, no other country appears willing to assume responsibility for this area. A third possibility would to resettle these people elsewhere, but who would want to accept them? My biggest fear is that the US might try to do this.

Any thoughts/solutions?
Give them enough autonomy, land, and resources to become an independent nation.

Any thoughts/solutions?
People from Gaza are not going anywhere.

Hamas is being eliminated, as is Islamic Jihad, and other terrorists.

This people's ancestors came from Egypt and all over North Africa and Arabia. But they are not going anywhere, Israel is not asking for them to go anywhere.

The Muslim countries will not even allow those they call Palestinians to become citizens in their countries, and continue to demand that they are called refugees when they are not.

This theatre of calling them refugees must end and let these people live in the countries where they are, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan.

The world decided on what the answer must be for the Palestinian people, many years ago. There was agreement throughout the world, with only the exception of the apartheid zionist regime.

And America chose to support that regime with it's military might.

Now the world is awakening to a different way forward and it's chief proponents have real teeth this time.

Any thoughts/solutions?
Give them back the land that was stolen from them.

The Palestinians had their chance for a two-state solution, but they were too intent on their primary goal of exterminating Israel to accept it. They rejected the offer of land for peace.

So, they lost their chance. These backward, Jew-haters should be absorbed by other Arab countries, and Israel can (eventually)….

IMG_2220.jpeg

….develop a nice seaside resort that looks like this. ^^^

Any thoughts/solutions?
i'm in favor of assigning a new set of borders for Israel + Palestine :
  • Israel to the North.
  • Gaza to the South-West
  • West Bank to the South-East, with a land corridor on the South to the Medditereanian Sea (sorry if i misspelled it's name).

yes, it would mean a lot of rebuilding, but it might be better to drain Hezbollah's and the West Bank's arms reserves in a pre-emptive war,
assign top diplomats to this problem, and just roll with the solution i outlayed above here for the next 50 to hundred years or so.

i'm in favor of assigning a new set of borders for Israel + Palestine :
  • Israel to the North.
  • Gaza to the South-West
  • West Bank to the South-East, with a land corridor on the South to the Medditereanian Sea (sorry if i misspelled it's name).

yes, it would mean a lot of rebuilding, but it might be better to drain Hezbollah's and the West Bank's arms reserves in a pre-emptive war,
assign top diplomats to this problem, and just roll with the solution i outlayed above here for the next 50 to hundred years or so.
Palestine to the very south. They would get a port which would allow them to have an export economy.
Israel would get all of Jerusalem.
There would be a DMZ between Israel and Palestine.

Any thoughts/solutions?
The problem here is moving them will be ethnic cleansing. Keeping them impoverished will keep them angry, letting Hamas stay in charge will keep them impoverished...

They need proper leadership but seem incapable of having that without people using "kill all the Jews" as their election slogan.

The problem here is moving them will be ethnic cleansing. Keeping them impoverished will keep them angry, letting Hamas stay in charge will keep them impoverished...

They need proper leadership but seem incapable of having that without people using "kill all the Jews" as their election slogan.
i agree with what i highlighted in bold above here,
but not with the line above that...

ethnic cleansing, isn't that / doesn't that sound like murdering a population?
getting them to move can be done through peaceful means.
face-saving means, even.

all you need is carrots and sticks.

i agree with what i highlighted in bold above here,
but not with the line above that...

ethnic cleansing, isn't that / doesn't that sound like murdering a population?
getting them to move can be done through peaceful means.
face-saving means, even.

all you need is carrots and sticks.

Ethnic cleansing might "sound like" killing the whole population, but if you actually think about what it means, it means moving an ethnic group out of an area. You could move them out by killing them all. You could move them out by putting them on trains and not letting them back.

Problem is that people will think like you've thought, as soon as someone says "ethnic cleansing" they're going to think "killing"

Forum List

Back