What to cut: The Federal Budget

Try looking at the years BEFORE the Democrats took control of Congress.

Can you tell us which bill the Democrats passed and Bush signed after Jan 2007 that led to the deepest recession since WW2 starting in December of that year?

Can you not change the subject when the answer to the question undermines your case?

I didn't change the subject. You said I should look at what happened after the Dems took control of congress. I asked which bills were passed after the Dems took congress that led to the deepest post-war recession starting in December of 2007?

And while you're at it, which legislation after dems took office in January 2007 caused the housing market to begin to crash in May of 2006?

But now I remember our previous discussions, and I have no doubt you'll just duck,weave and namecall instead of facing facts.

yeah, but the pathetic little troll boy doesn't know how to differentiate.

lol..

that's why he keeps making himself look stupid.

but i'm generous... i'll assume he really can't help it.

lol...

smelly troll poseur:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

pound salt, troll...

didn't goldcatt finish you off the other day?

you embarrassment to the right. :rofl:

Do you have anything of substance to contribute? I don't just mean this thread. I mean the entire board. There is not a single post of your that is not you spewing your ignorant worthless leftist opinion on stuff you don't have the slightest idea about. You have never successfully defended a single argument you've made.
You are supposed to be some kind of lawyer. Id like to know which law school sold you a diploma. Or maybe you blew your way to one.

I'm done dealing with your worthless troll ass. People like you are a wart on the buttocks of society.

Can you tell us which bill the Democrats passed and Bush signed after Jan 2007 that led to the deepest recession since WW2 starting in December of that year?

Can you not change the subject when the answer to the question undermines your case?

I didn't change the subject. You said I should look at what happened after the Dems took control of congress. I asked which bills were passed after the Dems took congress that led to the deepest post-war recession starting in December of 2007?

And while you're at it, which legislation after dems took office in January 2007 caused the housing market to begin to crash in May of 2006?

But now I remember our previous discussions, and I have no doubt you'll just duck,weave and namecall instead of facing facts.

You're changing the subject. What happened to the economy between 2001 and 2006?

The Economy under Bush was not nearly as good as you're trying to make out it was. A lot of good folks lost jobs to outsourcing between 2001-2006. Those jobs never came back, nor did any comparible jobs ever get created. I know folks that had their own house, were saving for college for their kids, made all their payments, etc, that are now lucky to be working at the Walmart and living in an apartment. We bled out a lot of good jobs under Bush/DeLay/Frist.

As for what to cut: Cut military spending by pulling back to the borders. If an overseas base isn't absolutely positively vital to US security, close it and redeploy back home. After you do that, start devolving a lot of the education and welfare programs back to the State level along with the tax revenues to support it. Let the States decide if they want to support Social Security or not. Let them decide on Universal health care or not. 20 years from now lets see which states are doing well: Those that keep those programs or those that do not.

Many other good jobs were created as a result of outsourcing.
The U.S. is a net importer of jobs from other countries outsourcing their own. I realize that doesn't sit well with the Left. But facts is facts.

Post a link. Let's see it. Better yet, post job listings so I can forward them on to friends and family that could use it.

Do you have anything of substance to contribute? I don't just mean this thread. I mean the entire board. There is not a single post of your that is not you spewing your ignorant worthless leftist opinion on stuff you don't have the slightest idea about. You have never successfully defended a single argument you've made.
You are supposed to be some kind of lawyer. Id like to know which law school sold you a diploma. Or maybe you blew your way to one.

I'm done dealing with your worthless troll ass. People like you are a wart on the buttocks of society.

I love when trolls like you start running off their mouths... twit.

notice, i get along GREAT with most people on the right... have great conversations with them.

you? and your pathetic wingnut troll ilk?

of course not... you've never had a coherant thought. why would anyone respond to you as if you have a brain?

'tard...

please... go crawl back under your rock and do us a favor...

and don't forget...

keep practicing how to say 'you want fries with that?'

i know it will come in handy, and if you work really, really hard, and study a lot, maybe you'll get hired by mcdonalds. :thup:

The Economy under Bush was not nearly as good as you're trying to make out it was. A lot of good folks lost jobs to outsourcing between 2001-2006. Those jobs never came back, nor did any comparible jobs ever get created. I know folks that had their own house, were saving for college for their kids, made all their payments, etc, that are now lucky to be working at the Walmart and living in an apartment. We bled out a lot of good jobs under Bush/DeLay/Frist.

As for what to cut: Cut military spending by pulling back to the borders. If an overseas base isn't absolutely positively vital to US security, close it and redeploy back home. After you do that, start devolving a lot of the education and welfare programs back to the State level along with the tax revenues to support it. Let the States decide if they want to support Social Security or not. Let them decide on Universal health care or not. 20 years from now lets see which states are doing well: Those that keep those programs or those that do not.

Many other good jobs were created as a result of outsourcing.
The U.S. is a net importer of jobs from other countries outsourcing their own. I realize that doesn't sit well with the Left. But facts is facts.

Post a link. Let's see it. Better yet, post job listings so I can forward them on to friends and family that could use it.

How Outsourcing Creates Jobs for Americans | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA
What was the unemployment rate from 2001 to 2006, years criticized as the peak of outsourcing?
As far as job opportunities for your unemployed friends, as your reps from the Democratic Party since the unemployment rate was very low until they took power.

You're changing the subject. What happened to the economy between 2001 and 2006?

Well, let's see. It went into a recession. It had the longest stretch between peaks in total employment since the war. Then, after a long period of stagnation we experienced moderate growth driven primarily by MEW's.

When the MEW's ended, the growth crashed. Did the Dems pass something in 2007 to end MEW's?

What to cut? I say we start with defense spending. Next?

The department of Education. Next?

i know that's not something the rightwingnuts make much use of... but some of us think it's important.

what percentage of the federal budget is the department of education?

now what percentage of the federal budget are military expenditures?

Personally I don't have a problem with cutting miitary spending. Simply because I don't believe the military should be involved in a lot of what it's doing. I think the operative word in Department of Defense is DEFENSE. I don't believe we should be spending troops to nation build or world police.

As for the Department of Education, the fed really doesn't have the constitutinal authority to have one. Education is not their job. Leave it to the states.

Last edited:
What to cut? I say we start with defense spending. Next?

I'm good with cutting 200-300 billion from defense by not baby sitting Europe and other nations and saving the billions spent in Iraq and Afghanistan, now , what is the sacred cows the left is willing to touch because that is what is going to have to take place, cuts across the board and few are willing to do that.

Here are some more ideas

End Medicare Part C and D, that could save billions in subsidies to insurance/pharmaceutical corporations

End foreign aid, that's 35 billion

abolish Departments of Homeland Security,Education and Energy

End farm subsidies

Repeal Obamacare

Stop the bailouts and stimulus crap

This would balance the budget;I think", if not then keep wacking.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
So, Conservatives are talking about cutting the federal budget. Is this to reduce the deficit, or to eliminate federal programs designed to help American citizens?

Let's take a look.

One poster said eliminate the Department of Education. Fine. That will eliminate federal grants to college students. that means fewer people will have a shot at higher education. The Conservatives have already made it lucrative for corporations to outsource our manufacturing base by so called "free trade" agreements, granting Most Favored Nation status to Communist China and granting tax breaks to companies moving operations out of America. Now, they want to make damn sure the American worker is sub-par in education as well.

Some Conservatives advocate eliminating the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Fine. That means the poorest Americans will no longer have the programs that help them live in anything other than slum housing. No Section Eight rent subsidies (which are paid directly to the landlord helping them make mortgage and tax payments), no public housing units.

But, ask one Conservative what effects cutting taxes to the richest Americans is and all they'll tell you is that the rest of us don't pay taxes (in spite of what my accountant tells me) and that those few Americans enjoying great wealth actually stimulate the economy. Seems to me that if the majority of Americans had the tax breaks the richest have, that majority would flood the economy with the dollars they save in taxes, thus stimulating the economy to greater heights.

Cut the budget? Cut everyone's taxes, not just Thurston and Lovey Howell's.

We lived without the US Department of Education until the Carter Administration and we had a higher educational standing in the world 30 years ago than we do now. I worked my way through college and my Parents helped me.

Thanks for reminding me, yeah, abolish the HUD,Freddy/Fannie.

Damn! I must be slipping:tongue:

Last edited:

Well, let's see. It went into a recession. It had the longest stretch between peaks in total employment since the war. Then, after a long period of stagnation we experienced moderate growth driven primarily by MEW's.

When the MEW's ended, the growth crashed. Did the Dems pass something in 2007 to end MEW's?

Can you engage in honest debate or will you simply cherry pick until you gt the data that supports your bias?
United States Unemployment Rate
Here the UE rate rose as a result of the recession to a whopping 6.3%(remember Democrats screaming about Bush's "jobless recovery"??). It declined thereafter every month to under 4.5%.
Heres GDP growth,
United States GDP Growth Rate
Note the rate is positive for every period after Jan 2002.

I won't search for CPI data but merely state that inflation was not a concern that entire time.

Like a pregnant woman, the "belly" inflated but in 08...the water broke:eek:

So, Conservatives are talking about cutting the federal budget. Is this to reduce the deficit, or to eliminate federal programs designed to help American citizens?

Let's take a look.

One poster said eliminate the Department of Education. Fine. That will eliminate federal grants to college students. that means fewer people will have a shot at higher education. The Conservatives have already made it lucrative for corporations to outsource our manufacturing base by so called "free trade" agreements, granting Most Favored Nation status to Communist China and granting tax breaks to companies moving operations out of America. Now, they want to make damn sure the American worker is sub-par in education as well.

Oy,
Yeah, because without gov't handing out money no one would ever go to college, right?:cuckoo:

College tuitions have risen faster than the inflation rate every year for probably the last 30. A very big factor in this is the wide availability of gov't grants and loans, which insulate families from price concerns for college.
Meanwhile the number of people in college who really have no business being there increases.
So gov't intervention in the education market (like every other market) has overall been detrimental to education, not an aid to it.

Let's take a look.

Oy,
Yeah, because without gov't handing out money no one would ever go to college, right?:cuckoo:

College tuitions have risen faster than the inflation rate every year for probably the last 30. A very big factor in this is the wide availability of gov't grants and loans, which insulate families from price concerns for college.
Meanwhile the number of people in college who really have no business being there increases.
So gov't intervention in the education market (like every other market) has overall been detrimental to education, not an aid to it.
I suppose the G.I. Bill really screwed us too. All those ex-service men and women had no business being in college. All those degrees were worthless and all those careers launched as a result were shams? Please.

We see the benefits of education every day and in every sector of the economy.

As far as the federal budget was concerned, we went from surplus to deficit with dizzying speed due to cutting taxes on the richest and fighting two wars without budgeting for them.

And your thread is titled What to cut: the Federal Budget.

Why I am so pissed at the GOP, they violated my trust. I live for the day when actual small government,fiscal cons take over the GOP but I am most certainly not holding my breath.

Forum List

Back