What the Quran really says

The Scriptures say to test the prophets. Jesus passes the test. Muhammed fails.

What scriptures? And why didn't the Jews recognize Jesus? They said the same thing you say about Muhammad about Jesus, he didn't pass the 'test'.

Are you saying that Mohammed
walked on water
commanded storms
changed water to wine
exocised demons
fed hundreds and hundreds with a little food
raised people from the dead
healed people that had been born blind
cured people that were crippled
cured leporsy
rose from the dead, himself?

Since you are comparing Mohammed to Yeshua, lets be clear, okay?

No I'm not comparing them, and these are miracles christians believe happened. Not everyone believes them. But miracles are needed for cocky non believers and arrogant people. Jesus wouldn't have asked God for miracles if their hearts were tainted towards God. Not everyone believes he rose from the dead, and those other miracles are minor which many Prophets done. Miracles don't determine a Prophet even though miracles did happen during Islam's time.

So what! Islam is corrupted. Everything has corruption in it. The planet is sick with sin. Jesus is the only way out. The fool is the one who rejects the Living God.

Yet again, it's not about sin. You must not really get it, the principles of Christianity I believe we're corrupted. People from all faiths seem to be lost these days, that's NOT the point.

So you are saying that muslims ARE corrupt?

No, I said Christianity was corrupted.

What's more disturbing, is that when the founder of Islam was a middle-aged man, he lusted after a six year old girl named Aisha. The child's father said no. After the father died, Muhammad married the child. Her age? Nine. Bottom line is that he was a PEDOPHILE and no self-respecting diety would align itself with a pedophile. He just raided caravans, killed, stole and had sex with a child. That we allow this hideous religion to grow in the west is absurd.

What's more disturbing, is that when the founder of Islam was a middle-aged man, he lusted after a six year old girl named Aisha. The child's father said no. After the father died, Muhammad married the child. Her age? Nine. Bottom line is that he was a PEDOPHILE and no self-respecting diety would align itself with a pedophile. He just raided caravans, killed, stole and had sex with a child. That we allow this hideous religion to grow in the west is absurd.

Not true, her father did agree on the marriage and that wasn't her age either.

“A great misconception prevails as to the age at which Aisha was taken in marriage by the Prophet. Ibn Sa‘d has stated in the Tabaqat that when Abu Bakr [father of Aisha] was approached on behalf of the Holy Prophet, he replied that the girl had already been betrothed to Jubair, and that he would have to settle the matter first with him. This shows that Aisha must have been approaching majority at the time. Again, the Isaba, speaking of the Prophet’s daughter Fatima, says that she was born five years before the Call and was about five years older than Aisha. This shows that Aisha must have been about ten years at the time of her betrothal to the Prophet, and not six years as she is generally supposed to be. This is further borne out by the fact that Aisha herself is reported to have stated that when the chapter [of the Holy Quran] entitled The Moon, the fifty-fourth chapter, was revealed, she was a girl playing about and remembered certain verses then revealed. Now the fifty-fourth chapter was undoubtedly revealed before the sixth year of the Call. All these considerations point to but one conclusion, viz., that Aisha could not have been less than ten years of age at the time of her nikah, which was virtually only a betrothal. And there is one report in the Tabaqat that Aisha was nine years of age at the time of nikah. Again it is a fact admitted on all hands that the nikah of Aisha took place in the tenth year of the Call in the month of Shawwal, while there is also preponderance of evidence as to the consummation of her marriage taking place in the second year of Hijra in the same month, which shows that full five years had elapsed between the nikah and the consummation. Hence there is not the least doubt that Aisha was at least nine or ten years of age at the time of betrothal, and fourteen or fifteen years at the time of marriage.” [4] (Bolding is mine.)

Age of Aisha (ra) at time of marriage

Read more here.

The Bible says you can find the ends of the earth, and also implies that the earth is only 6000 years old.

Obviously neither are to be taken literally.

The funny thing is that some Christians take the creation narrative in Genesis literally, but other Christians do not. The Catholic Church does not accept the Biblical creation account as fact, and there are other churches who share this view. Since Christians cannot agree on what the Bible says, the rest of the population cannot be expected to give the creation accounts serious consideration.

Actually, there are two problems with the Biblical creation story: (1) the Biblical version contradicts science as we know it; and (2) there are actually TWO creation accounts and they contradict each other. The first account has Adam and Eve created together after all the other life forms are created. However, the second account has Adam created first, than all the animals, and finally Eve. In other words, one story has Adam created AFTER the animals (Genesis 1) , but the other story has him created BEFORE the animals (Genesis 2:4-24), and obviously both cannot be true.There are other contradictions, but I need only give a single one to make my point.

OK, one more. Question for Christian Fundamentalists: Were the fowl created out of the water or out of the ground?

Answer:

Out of the water (Genesis 1:20).
Out of the ground (Genesis 2:19).

One of the things I find to be perplexing is that nowhere in the Bible does it say how the author of Geneses (supposedly Moses) received the Creation information.

God told him? The Bible does not say.
A dream? The Bible does not say.
An ancient myth? The Bible does not say.
Too much wine? The Bible does not say.

I would think that the source of such important information would be revealed, but the Bible says nothing about it.

The quran states the sun has an orbit, and I am here to tell you that in spite of what Imams say it meant the sun orbits the earth.

Imams say that the quran is a great revelation because the sun has an orbit in the galaxy and Muhammad knew that. I say cobblers. The quran is saying the sun orbits the earth.
For one thing everyone in Muhammad's time thought that, and he lived from 570 to 632 ad

It was not until the time of Copernicus (1473 to 1534 ad) that he wrote a paper showing the sun is the center of the solar system.

De revolutionibus orbium coelestium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore nobody knew that in the time of Muhammad and neither did he, so I will bet any amount of money that the quran is saying the sun orbits the flat earth in a semi circle.

Thereby proving the quran is not a message from God.

Last edited:
muslims are quite adept at apologizing for all the crap in the quran. If you have to be a trained liar to sell your religion, then you're in a cult.

What I do not understand is why you believe your guys talked to God, and theirs did not. I think you are all ignorant. There are stupid stories, deflections and ignorance displayed in all religions. Well maybe not Buddhism(little that I know anyways). Seriously, what makes your religion "The religion"

What I do not understand is why you believe your guys talked to God, and theirs did not. I think you are all ignorant. There are stupid stories, deflections and ignorance displayed in all religions. Well maybe not Buddhism(little that I know anyways). Seriously, what makes your religion "The religion"

Christianity isn't a "religion". Jesus never said..."I came to give you religion". Jesus said "I came to give you Life".

Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: Χριστιανός Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion[2] based on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings.[

Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: Χριστιανός Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion[2] based on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings.[

I don't live my life based on what wikipedia says. Wikipedia can be edited and is not a secure site for information. Even the founder has stated it is not to be used as a primary source since it can be edited, and most college professors will not accept papers that list wikipedia as a primary source.

I don't live my life based on what wikipedia says. Wikipedia can be edited and is not a secure site for information. Even the founder has stated it is not to be used as a primary source since it can be edited, and most college professors will not accept papers that list wikipedia as a primary source.

But the bible is? A 2000 year old book made by sheep herders that has been edited hundreds of thousands of times? A book that the church has withheld chapters? A book that does not even go by the original version? LOL @ your response Now, can you seriously address my question or are you pulling a Becauseiknow response from earlier in the thread?

re·li·gion

/riˈlijən/

Noun

1.The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
2.Details of belief as taught or discussed.

But the bible is? A 2000 year old book made by sheep herders that has been edited hundreds of thousands of times? A book that the church has withheld chapters? A book that does not even go by the original version? LOL @ your response Now, can you seriously address my question or are you pulling a Becauseiknow response from earlier in the thread?

Everyone has the right to believe what they want. God doesn't need a book to make himself known to those who seek him. If God is a Spirit like Jesus said, then God can reveal himself to anyone He chooses to without a book. That's just common sense. I've read the Bible and Jesus revealed himself to Saul, who had a thorough knowledge of Scripture and was murdering Christians. Saul didn't repent when he read a book. He believed when Jesus appeared to him. God can reveal himself in a lot more ways than just in the written word. That is, if there is a God.

Last edited:

Everyone has the right to believe what they want. God doesn't need a book to make himself known to those who seek him. If God is a Spirit like Jesus said, then God can reveal himself to anyone He chooses to without a book. That's just common sense. I've read the Bible and Jesus revealed himself to Saul, who had a thorough knowledge of Scripture and was murdering Christians. Saul didn't repent when he read a book. He believed when Jesus appeared to him. God can reveal himself in a lot more ways than just in the written word. That is, if there is a God.

I agree with Everyone has the right to believe what they want. But makes Islam wrong and yours right? Are you going to answer the question or not, Becauseiknow?

I agree with Everyone has the right to believe what they want. But makes Islam wrong and yours right? Are you going to answer the question or not, Becauseiknow?

Yes, Christianity is true and Islam is a lie. That is what I believe. Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong simply because I'm not politically correct? Prove I'm wrong. See how this works? You want me to prove I'm right, but you can't prove I'm wrong. What a dilemna you've stepped into.

Last edited:

Yes, Christianity is true and Islam is a lie. That is what I believe. Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong simply because I'm not politically correct? Prove I'm wrong. See how this works? You want me to prove I'm right, but you can't prove I'm wrong. What a dilemna you've stepped into.

You spent 2 pages of threads denouncing BecauseIknow of not answering your question, but yet, you cant answer mine. See how that works?

You spent 2 pages of threads denouncing BecauseIknow of not answering your question, but yet, you cant answer mine. See how that works?

What question did I fail to answer?

Poor Wiley Coyote. Foiled again.

Last edited:

Like the Prophets? I don't, in Islam we believe in every single Prophet and Muhammad. But this guy seems to have trouble comprehending God informs everyone and everyone has heard the message. That's the point, even though his only pathetic argument against that is to be ignorant and call everyone a liar.

Forum List

Back