Zone1 Proof of the Trinity in the Old Testament/Torah

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
It is always the case that Christ-deniers claim God cannot exist as distinct entities or persons.

These passages from the Old Testament are very problematic for some.

Genesis 18

In this chapter Abraham is visited by three men. He feeds them and honors them.
One of them is the LORD in human form:

13 But the Lord said to Abraham: “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really bear a child, old as I am?’ 14 Is anything too marvelous for the Lord to do? At the appointed time, about this time next year, I will return to you, and Sarah will have a son.”15 Sarah lied, saying, “I did not laugh,” because she was afraid. But he said, “Yes, you did.”

The other two men (angels) depart to go to Sodom. While the LORD remains with Abraham.

In Ch 19 the two angels get Lot and his family out of the city because it is about to be destroyed.

23 The sun had risen over the earth when Lot arrived in Zoar, 24 and the Lord rained down sulfur upon Sodom and Gomorrah, fire from the Lord out of heaven.

Notice it is the Lord out of Heaven that rains down fire and sulfur.

Two different instances of the LORD, one in human form, and one in the heavens. But Jews and Muslims tell us God cannot exist as two different entities.

Exodus 14:
19 The angel of God,[d] who had been leading Israel’s army, now moved and went around behind them. And the column of cloud, moving from in front of them, took up its place behind them, 20 so that it came between the Egyptian army and that of Israel. And when it became dark, the cloud illumined the night; and so the rival camps did not come any closer together all night long.[e] 21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord drove back the sea with a strong east wind all night long and turned the sea into dry ground. The waters were split, 22 so that the Israelites entered into the midst of the sea on dry land, with the water as a wall to their right and to their left.

Here the Angel of God is leading the army. Where he moves, the column of cloud moves too.

Next passage is Exodus 23
20 See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Be attentive to him and obey him. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My name is within him.[d] 22 If you obey him and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes.

Here the Lord says he will send out an angel. This angel is like no other in the Bible. He has the ability to forgive sins, something only God can do. The Lord says ”My name is within him”, which means his authority is in him. No other man, or other angel has this authority in them.

Exodus 24
9 Moses then went up with Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and seventy elders of Israel, 10 and they beheld the God of Israel. Under his feet there appeared to be sapphire tilework, as clear as the sky itself. 11 Yet he did not lay a hand on these chosen Israelites. They saw God, and they ate and drank

Here God has feet. Once again, on Earth in human form.

——————————-

Then there is the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament:

Isaiah 48:
16 Come near to me and hear this!
From the beginning I did not speak in secret;
At the time it happens, I am there:
“Now the Lord God has sent me, and his spirit.”[b]

Isaiah 63:
8 He said: “They are indeed my people, children who are not disloyal.” So he became their savior
9 in their every affliction. It was not an envoy or a messenger, but his presence that saved them.
Because of his love and pity the Lord redeemed them, Lifting them up and carrying them all the days of old.
10 But they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit; So he turned to become their enemy, and warred against them.

The spirit is distinct from the Lord.

Anti-Christs like to argue that Christians “made up” the idea of the Trinity. Yet it is found throughout the Old Testament.
How can an Angel of God have the power to forgive sins when only God can do that?

This is proof that God can exist as separate persons, and a spirit.
Any self proclaimed “Jew” or Muslim that ignore these truths.

The OT has four 'Voices', in fact. Some claim 7, but 4 is the accepted mainstream points of view, and when combined with Chiastic structures it was easy to tell which scrolls were legit in both the OT and the NT. Fakers and con artists wouldn't be aware of these literary techniques, nor would they waste time elaborately forging them if they were merely after money or starting a cult.

God walked in the garden with Adam and Eve in the cool of the evening. He had feet. And vocal chords.
He ate stew with Abraham. He could chew and swallow.
He laughed.
He smelled pleasant aromas. He had a nose.
He sat around a campfire with His friend. He had buttocks.
He put His hand in front of Moses as He passed by.
We are made in His image.

David asked God not to take God's Spirit from him. David was talking to one about the other.
The Holy Spirit is God's power pac. God speaks and the Spirit moves.
In the second verse in Genesis you see them doing to completely different things.
The Spirit was hovering, and God was speaking.

And in 600 BC Zachariah spoke of the Messiah who would be pierced.

The Trinity.

Is your faith based on the Trinity or is your faith based on what you should do?

I understand where you are coming from. I also tend to get offended or uneasy when folks question the Trinity, faith, or God.

And that's ok.

If others deny what you hold true in your heart, how much more is that a gift for you?

And to those that don't have faith or believe - is it not your duty to accept or at the very least show them what your faith represents?

The Trinity is a creation of the Council of Nicaea where so much of paganism was imposed in the "Christian" world

Who changed the Sabbath day to Sunday?

On March 7, 321, however, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun.

The Trinity is a creation of the Council of Nicaea where so much of paganism was imposed in the "Christian" world

On March 7, 321, however, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun.
False. The Council of Nicaea did not “create” it. This is a common lie of Christ-deniers.

Everything is found in the Bible, even the Old Testament. God the Father, his only begotten Son that was with him in the beginning before all of creation, and the Holy Spirit.

I think with the evidence of the OT scriptures, you are completely being an @#$hol%. What is wrong with you JWs and Jews? I understand your normalcy bias. But really, the evidence presented to you by Zone1 and others is as plain as the wart on your nose. :hhello:

It is always the case that Christ-deniers claim God cannot exist as distinct entities or persons.

These passages from the Old Testament are very problematic for some.

Genesis 18

In this chapter Abraham is visited by three men. He feeds them and honors them.
One of them is the LORD in human form:

13 But the Lord said to Abraham: “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really bear a child, old as I am?’ 14 Is anything too marvelous for the Lord to do? At the appointed time, about this time next year, I will return to you, and Sarah will have a son.”15 Sarah lied, saying, “I did not laugh,” because she was afraid. But he said, “Yes, you did.”

The other two men (angels) depart to go to Sodom. While the LORD remains with Abraham.

In Ch 19 the two angels get Lot and his family out of the city because it is about to be destroyed.

23 The sun had risen over the earth when Lot arrived in Zoar, 24 and the Lord rained down sulfur upon Sodom and Gomorrah, fire from the Lord out of heaven.

Notice it is the Lord out of Heaven that rains down fire and sulfur.

Two different instances of the LORD, one in human form, and one in the heavens. But Jews and Muslims tell us God cannot exist as two different entities.

Exodus 14:
19 The angel of God,[d] who had been leading Israel’s army, now moved and went around behind them. And the column of cloud, moving from in front of them, took up its place behind them, 20 so that it came between the Egyptian army and that of Israel. And when it became dark, the cloud illumined the night; and so the rival camps did not come any closer together all night long.[e] 21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord drove back the sea with a strong east wind all night long and turned the sea into dry ground. The waters were split, 22 so that the Israelites entered into the midst of the sea on dry land, with the water as a wall to their right and to their left.

Here the Angel of God is leading the army. Where he moves, the column of cloud moves too.

Next passage is Exodus 23
20 See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Be attentive to him and obey him. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My name is within him.[d] 22 If you obey him and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes.

Here the Lord says he will send out an angel. This angel is like no other in the Bible. He has the ability to forgive sins, something only God can do. The Lord says ”My name is within him”, which means his authority is in him. No other man, or other angel has this authority in them.

Exodus 24
9 Moses then went up with Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and seventy elders of Israel, 10 and they beheld the God of Israel. Under his feet there appeared to be sapphire tilework, as clear as the sky itself. 11 Yet he did not lay a hand on these chosen Israelites. They saw God, and they ate and drank

Here God has feet. Once again, on Earth in human form.

——————————-

Then there is the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament:

Isaiah 48:
16 Come near to me and hear this!
From the beginning I did not speak in secret;
At the time it happens, I am there:
“Now the Lord God has sent me, and his spirit.”[b]

Isaiah 63:
8 He said: “They are indeed my people, children who are not disloyal.” So he became their savior
9 in their every affliction. It was not an envoy or a messenger, but his presence that saved them.
Because of his love and pity the Lord redeemed them, Lifting them up and carrying them all the days of old.
10 But they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit; So he turned to become their enemy, and warred against them.

The spirit is distinct from the Lord.

Anti-Christs like to argue that Christians “made up” the idea of the Trinity. Yet it is found throughout the Old Testament.
How can an Angel of God have the power to forgive sins when only God can do that?

This is proof that God can exist as separate persons, and a spirit.
Any self proclaimed “Jew” or Muslim that ignore these truths.
Also, Jehovah Witnesses attack the trinity as well.

I'm neither. Im just a person who follows the Bible and not some nut born in the 1800s
Then follow it! You were given several OT scriptures that prove that God can be 3 personages. Or, can manifest himself in three different ways. However, that makes no sense with these scriptures and the acts going on require at least 2 of them doing something at the same time.

And they have some truth too.
.it was what became the Catholic Church that imposed the Trinity doctrine. That's why they and their wayward daughter churches embrace so much paganism
Actually, Jehovah did that in the OT. You have been given those versus. At least read them so you don't look completely like a fool.

Then follow it! You were given several OT scriptures that prove that God can be 3 personages. Or, can manifest himself in three different ways. However, that makes no sense with these scriptures and the acts going on require at least 2 of them doing something at the same time.
The Holy Spirit is not a person. IT is God's essence. His Being.

We get a tiny portion when we are BEGOTTEN. True Christians are BEGOTTEN, not Born Again. That happens at the Return, when we are translated from corrupt flesh and blood to spirit beings as literal sons of our Father and brothers of our older Brother

Actually, Jehovah did that in the OT. You have been given those versus. At least read them so you don't look completely like a fool.
I know I can't reason with you to abandon your pagan teachings. I speak for those who have ears to hear.

The Holy Spirit is not a person. IT is God's essence. His Being.

We get a tiny portion when we are BEGOTTEN. True Christians are BEGOTTEN, not Born Again. That happens at the Return, when we are translated from corrupt flesh and blood to spirit beings as literal sons of our Father and brothers of our older Brother
Who says the Holy Ghost is not a personage? The Holy Ghost has intelligence. He has a spirit body.
Born again has been misunderstood by most Christian sects. They often claim that they are new personages and cannot sin. Southern Baptists have this concept. Once saved, they believe that they don't have to be saved again (Baptized). I reject that notion as well.

Born again means that at the moment of baptism, we are again sinless as we were when we were physically born. Our sins are washed away and we begin a new life without the baggage of the old life. Like being born again.

Forum List

Back