What the oil spill tells us about Obama.

Obama mentioned that he was in favor of shutting down Gulf oil production. Someone that doesn't know what they are talking about might believe this to be a good idea but it would be a disaster. Talk about nuking Louisiana's economy. Also it will not stop the Chinese from drilling in the Gulf.

The Chineeezzzz are an interesting bunch. Actually all asians have some similar traits. For one thing they are very teritorial. The Chineez have however
many billion and people yet they freak out when even one person not of thier culture intrudes. So conversly they must give as they take and so they would never challenge us in the gulf for any reason. They do not understand us therefore they fear us. The dropping of the atomic weapons made an impression on all asians. Our attitude concerning mexicans crossing our borders mystifies them. What they know about us is we have almost magical and mystical wisdom and "cool" and we will deal out enough rope for a country to hang itself then destroy them at will if we even only believe that they truly threaten us. What we did in the pacific in WWII wasn't so very long ago in Chinese time.

The last thing the Chinese want to do is piss us off.

they're already drilling in the gulf.

they control the panama canal.

you're full of shit.

three true statements

That he is not all-powerful. Some had this notion that his simply being elected would solve all the worlds problems. It hasn't. They've gotten worse.

HE oversaw the Mineral Management Services for 1.5 years, so if BP was operating so poorly and dangerously, HE had time to fix it. He didn't. He was busy shoving healthcare down our throats. That small, <$1M piece of equipment that we heard wasn't bought that could've prevented this......that they say BUSH/CHENEY allowed to go unpurchased? Um....if it was that crucial, Obama had 1.5 years to see that it was done. He didn't. He was busy bowing to dictators and shoving healthcare down our throats.

So, either Obama did or didn't allow the MMS/Oil Co. sex/alcohol parties to keep going on under his watch, or he didn't. If he did, he's at fault. If he didn't, well, look what happened.

Obama took a calculated move. He decided to play Big Daddy and sit back and tell the children (BP) to clean the mess on their own. The imagery of the "boot on the neck" is what he wanted. What he got was the imagery of a helpless Obama on a beach, picking at the sand, as it is announced over a month into the disaster that it won't be fixed until August, at the earliest.

What could've been done? Well, Bobby Jindal and many small gov'ts along the coast wanted to build large sand dunes to block the oil from coming on-shore. Their proposal was not approved by Obama for weeks. When it finally same so, Obama Admin approved ONLY 2% OF THE SAND DUNES to be built. You know, can't let a Republican governor, and God forbid a bunch of small governments and private citizens, to come up with an idea to fight this thing. That would deny him the "boot in the neck" imagery he wants.

Not to mention.........the worse this thing gets, in Obama's mind, the better chance he can use it to his advantage to pass Climate Change legislation to redistribute American wealth amongst the world. Too bad for him, that calculation is turning disasterous. This miscalculation, combined with the healthcare mugging of America, has finalized Obama's presidency to a pitiful 1 term and he will possibly not even be the Democratic nominee in 2012.

:lol::lol: Maybe Obama is using this enviromental disaster so he can send ANOTHER 20 billion dollars that he has already sent to China out of the stimulus bill to build wind turbines for us?--:cuckoo:

How many permits for shallow water drilling have been approved in recent years?

I hope that the amount of permits for off shore drilling will be zero from now on. How much of this can we afford?

I don't know. How much $15/gal gasoline can you afford?

Maybe you jews would pay 15 bucks a gallon...that is because the only people you can stand up to are a handful of camel jockeys.

You have NO idea what will happen if the BPs try that shit in the USA. You think robberies for that stupid $50 is annoying...Just wait till the alarm systems get cut off and the robbers are lined up to get full tanks. Tanker trucks will need 12 car police convoys.

Its too bad you didn't have a few like us crazy Irish when the goofy germans had you assholes loading your own wives and children into cattle cars.

!5 bucks a gallon...I fuckin wish they would try. Really... I'm gonna take the money from the moron(you) that gratefully wants to pay 15 buck a gallon for 40 gals in a pickem up truck (thats 600 bucks) and go right into the station and grab the fuckwit and make him fill my tank and anybody else that wants some.

That will happen 20 -100 times a day in every gas station. The cops won't want to get involved with shoot outs where there is a lot of gas all over the place. One cop gets burnt to a crisp and the "response" times will be unbelievably slow.

Obama mentioned that he was in favor of shutting down Gulf oil production. Someone that doesn't know what they are talking about might believe this to be a good idea but it would be a disaster. Talk about nuking Louisiana's economy. Also it will not stop the Chinese from drilling in the Gulf.

The CHINESE do NOT drill in the Gulf of Mexico--da duh--da--duh--da--duh. Currently there are over 3500 oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico that employ over 57 thousand AMERICANS you moron.

Now--your HERO may not decide to do a complete take-over of the private OIL industry here--but he sure seems not to be WILLING to order in oil tankers capable of cleaning and cyfoning this mess up. And it's been over 40 days now--LOL

The Chineeezzzz are an interesting bunch. Actually all asians have some similar traits. For one thing they are very teritorial. The Chineez have however
many billion and people yet they freak out when even one person not of thier culture intrudes. So conversly they must give as they take and so they would never challenge us in the gulf for any reason. They do not understand us therefore they fear us. The dropping of the atomic weapons made an impression on all asians. Our attitude concerning mexicans crossing our borders mystifies them. What they know about us is we have almost magical and mystical wisdom and "cool" and we will deal out enough rope for a country to hang itself then destroy them at will if we even only believe that they truly threaten us. What we did in the pacific in WWII wasn't so very long ago in Chinese time.

you're full of shit.

three true statements

Only because we let them. #3..ya probably ... But you wouldn't want to be stuck with that though at certain times.

When is the last time you ever heard of a chinese guy going postal..in this country?

Ya they make chop soey out of thier school kids from time to time over there but here they don't say boo.

If Obama told em straight up publicly to get the fuck outta our gulf and the canal and anywhere we had a presense they would skeedadle.

If we had nuked hanoi the chinese wouldn't have done a fuckin thing.

Neither would the russians. Our leaders forgot pattons advice...you have to make your enemies die for THEIR country. Not send your people into war to die for yours. You know what..I trust Obama to use nukes if neccesary..unlike that Pussy Bush and his gay crybaby daddy.

you're full of shit.

three true statements

Only because we let them. #3..ya probably ... But you wouldn't want to be stuck with that though at certain times.

When is the last time you ever heard of a chinese guy going postal..in this country?

Ya they make chop soey out of thier school kids from time to time over there but here they don't say boo.

If Obama told em straight up publicly to get the fuck outta our gulf and the canal and anywhere we had a presense they would skeedadle.

If we had nuked hanoi the chinese wouldn't have done a fuckin thing.

Neither would the russians. Our leaders forgot pattons advice...you have to make your enemies die for THEIR country. Not send your people into war to die for yours. You know what..I trust Obama to use nukes if neccesary..unlike that Pussy Bush and his gay crybaby daddy.

The CHINESE do not drill for oil on our shores--MORONS. Americans do. The only thing CHINESE do for us is build WIND TURBINES and supply Walmart--HELLO.

In fact--it's AMERICANS that drill all over the freakin world. Saudi Arabia, and the middle east. We have had the knowledge, the now-how--while towel heads have been running around for decades--incapable of wiping ass--it has been Americans who have had the ingenuity for decades, the engineering skills, etc. to do that. I KNOW--my dead uncle worked for Phillips in all middle eastern countries to build these wells. He even put out well fires over there.

Now if our freaking idiots in the federal government would let us actually drill on land in the U.S.--we could easily handle this problem. But HELL NO--they stuck us in DEEP water.

I don't know. How much $15/gal gasoline can you afford?

No proof for that silly statement.

Goofy, our dependence on oil, much of it from outside our borders, is a national security threat and has been for years.

So your solution is to eliminate drilling in the U.S.
Who's goofy now, s0n??

You can't show me, goofy, where I said such a thing. You far rightards and libertarians are a national security threat as well.

Goldman Sachs sold $250 million of BP stock before spill
Goldman Sachs stock sale nearly twice as large as any other institution; Represented 44 percent of total BP investment

The brokerage firm that's faced the most scrutiny from regulators in the past year over the shorting of mortgage related securities seems to have had good timing when it came to something else: the stock of British oil giant BP.

According to regulatory filings, RawStory.com has found that Goldman Sachs sold 4,680,822 shares of BP in the first quarter of 2010. Goldman's sales were the largest of any firm during that time. Goldman would have pocketed slightly more than $266 million if their holdings were sold at the average price of BP's stock during the quarter.

If Goldman had sold these shares today, their investment would have lost 36 percent its value, or $96 million. The share sales represented 44 percent of Goldman's holdings -- meaning that Goldman's remaining holdings have still lost tens of millions in value.

Barack Obama is the #1 recipient of Goldman Sachs total campaign contributions.

Obama took $1,058,395 of Goldman Sachs campaign money.

Goldman is Obama's second largest donor.

....Another oldy/moldy "conservative"-fave; aka Bullshit.

:rolleyes:

(Ya' gotta quit relying on WorldNutzDaily for your news.)​

That he is not all-powerful. Some had this notion that his simply being elected would solve all the worlds problems. It hasn't. They've gotten worse.
....And, we've got The Teabaggers' favorite Bubblehead-Double-Shot to prove-it!!:

Sister Sarah & Crazy Michele!!!!!

249.gif

What it tells us is that the progressives who got this trash elected lied to us.

They said he could raise his mighty hand and part the waters

Why doesn't he do it so someone can just walk out on dry land and close the valve?

Could it be that he isn't the messiah? oops! bite my tongue

I think it's very telling that Obama is ALREADY trying to use this oil spill to push his Cap-and-Tax agenda. One might even wonder if that was the plan all along.

But the president said he would seek Republican support to pass energy legislation in the U.S. Senate despite strong resistance and a crowded legislative schedule.

"The votes may not be there right now, but I intend to find them in the coming months," Obama said, referring to a bill that is languishing in the Senate.

"I will continue to make the case for a clean energy future wherever and whenever I can. I will work with anyone to get this done. And we will get it done," he said to applause.

Senate Democrats are expected to plot strategy for dealing with energy and environment legislation in the coming weeks. Prior to Obama's remarks on Wednesday there was little evidence the Senate would take up a comprehensive measure this year.

<snip>

"The only way the transition to clean energy will ultimately succeed is if the private sector is fully invested in this future -- if capital comes off the sidelines and the ingenuity of our entrepreneurs is unleashed," he said.

"And the only way to do that is by finally putting a price on carbon pollution."

[emphasis added]
(more....)
In oil spill shadow, Obama pledges energy bill push - Yahoo! News

Bear in mind, that not only does Cap-and-Tax put the final nail into the coffin of Capitalism, giving federal bureaucrats ultimate control of every means of American production... it's the money-making engine which runs their social agenda and lines their own nests.

Carbon Credits are MONEY. This entire thing is a big bribery scam. If you're in good with your controlling bureaucrat, you get what you need. If you're in GREAT with your controlling bureaucrat, you get extra credits to be traded for extra cash, and kicked back to keep said bureaucrat in power. And the bribery scheme goes both ways... If you get big enough to the point where YOU control the bureaucrat, he gives you whatever you want, or you pull your plant and move it to a better locale.

Meanwhile, the government takes it's cut and runs all it's other schemes with the extra revenue.

And... guess who provides all that extra cash?.... Yup. Me and you. We'll pay for it through price inflation on the goods and services we buy. It's a hidden tax. Uncle Barry taking his cut.

Here's the fly in the ointment though... even before the volcano eruption in Iceland, if every aspect of Cap-and-Tax was adopted, the carbon savings would have only resulted in one tenth of one percent. Virtually nothing. And the more people who learn that, the more people will reject it.

And of even greater import to Obama... He might have been enjoying the whole "Spill, Baby, Spill" mantra, planning to allow this crisis to come to full bloom, and thus taking his time getting around to addressing it. Afterall, they never want to "waste a crisis", right? Got to make sure "the crisis" is fully impressive in order to move the agenda along. "rolleyes:
But this thing is BIG, and it's going to utterly destroy whole local economies. The hundreds of miles of oiled shoreline is resulting in dead wildlife and dead livelihoods. It will take decades to recover, if not generations. It's too big. Too horrible.

This isn't "Obama's Katrina". It's total political annihilation. It's GAME OVER. He's a dead man walking in political terms. His crime is inexcusable, unacceptable. In fact, I don't believe he'll last his full term if even ONE solid connection is made that shows him stalling for political purposes. He'd be forced to resign at that point.

Last edited:

....Another oldy/moldy "conservative"-fave; aka Bullshit.

:rolleyes:

(Ya' gotta quit relying on WorldNutzDaily for your news.)​

Dude.........please.......................

CheapCarpinksmartcar-1.jpg

Did you forget???? Avatar reduex????

I think it's very telling that Obama is ALREADY trying to use this oil spill to push his Cap-and-Tax agenda. One might even wonder if that was the plan all along.

But the president said he would seek Republican support to pass energy legislation in the U.S. Senate despite strong resistance and a crowded legislative schedule.

"The votes may not be there right now, but I intend to find them in the coming months," Obama said, referring to a bill that is languishing in the Senate.

"I will continue to make the case for a clean energy future wherever and whenever I can. I will work with anyone to get this done. And we will get it done," he said to applause.

Senate Democrats are expected to plot strategy for dealing with energy and environment legislation in the coming weeks. Prior to Obama's remarks on Wednesday there was little evidence the Senate would take up a comprehensive measure this year.

<snip>

"The only way the transition to clean energy will ultimately succeed is if the private sector is fully invested in this future -- if capital comes off the sidelines and the ingenuity of our entrepreneurs is unleashed," he said.

"And the only way to do that is by finally putting a price on carbon pollution."

Bear in mind, that not only does Cap-and-Tax put the final nail into the coffin of Capitalism, giving federal bureaucrats ultimate control of every means of American production... it's the money-making engine which runs their social agenda and lines their own nests.

Carbon Credits are MONEY. This entire thing is a big bribery scam. If you're in good with your controlling bureaucrat, you get what you need. If you're in GREAT with your controlling bureaucrat, you get extra credits to be traded for extra cash, and kicked back to keep said bureaucrat in power. And the bribery scheme goes both ways... If you get big enough to the point where YOU control the bureaucrat, he gives you whatever you want, or you pull your plant and move it to a better locale.

Meanwhile, the government takes it's cut and runs all it's other schemes with the extra revenue.

And... guess who provides all that extra cash?.... Yup. Me and you. We'll pay for it through price inflation on the goods and services we buy. It's a hidden tax. Uncle Barry taking his cut.

Here's the fly in the ointment though... even before the volcano eruption in Iceland, if every aspect of Cap-and-Tax was adopted, the carbon savings would have only resulted in one tenth of one percent. Virtually nothing. And the more people who learn that, the more people will reject it.

And of even greater import to Obama... He might have been enjoying the whole "Spill, Baby, Spill" mantra, planning to allow this crisis to come to full bloom, and thus taking his time getting around to addressing it. Afterall, they never want to "waste a crisis", right? Got to make sure "the crisis" is fully impressive in order to move the agenda along. "rolleyes:
But this thing is BIG, and it's going to utterly destroy whole local economies. The hundreds of miles of oiled shoreline is resulting in dead wildlife and dead livelihoods. It will take decades to recover, if not generations. It's too big. Too horrible.

This isn't "Obama's Katrina". It's total political annihilation. It's GAME OVER. He's a dead man walking in political terms. His crime is inexcusable, unacceptable. In fact, I don't believe he'll last his full term if even ONE solid connection is made that shows him stalling for political purposes. He'd be forced to resign at that point.

the progressives were pushing Cap and Screw you long before the spill

and even tho the global warming fraud has been exposed he will continue. You have more money that he needs to take from you and distribute to me

but never let it be said that I don't appreciate it:eusa_whistle:

the progressives were pushing Cap and Screw you long before the spill

and even tho the global warming fraud has been exposed he will continue. You have more money that he needs to take from you and distribute to me

but never let it be said that I don't appreciate it:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, they were. In fact, it's already passed in the Pelosi House. But it was bogged down in the Senate and not likely to be taken up again this year. Now, Obama's pushing for it. Damn convenient timing, that.

When a given behavior is inexplicable, like Obama's foot-dragging in the Gulf oil spill is inexplicable, it's illuminating to determine WHO has something to gain. In this case, the answer is obvious. Cap-and-Tax is critical to the socialist agenda that Obama has outlined. He tells us in his own words that the goal is to force private capital "off the sidelines", to harness it for the government's use.

He's USING this crisis to forward that agenda. And frankly, I don't believe he's above standing by and allowing it to ripen to an ecological vulgarity in order to manipulate public opinion and thus bring pressure to bear on Senate Republicans. Trouble is... he's counted on BP wearing the hair shirt, but at the end of the day... BP's not going to be on the ballot and Obama's hands aren't clean.

Goldman Sachs sold $250 million of BP stock before spill
Goldman Sachs stock sale nearly twice as large as any other institution; Represented 44 percent of total BP investment

The brokerage firm that's faced the most scrutiny from regulators in the past year over the shorting of mortgage related securities seems to have had good timing when it came to something else: the stock of British oil giant BP.

According to regulatory filings, RawStory.com has found that Goldman Sachs sold 4,680,822 shares of BP in the first quarter of 2010. Goldman's sales were the largest of any firm during that time. Goldman would have pocketed slightly more than $266 million if their holdings were sold at the average price of BP's stock during the quarter.

If Goldman had sold these shares today, their investment would have lost 36 percent its value, or $96 million. The share sales represented 44 percent of Goldman's holdings -- meaning that Goldman's remaining holdings have still lost tens of millions in value.

Barack Obama is the #1 recipient of Goldman Sachs total campaign contributions.

Obama took $1,058,395 of Goldman Sachs campaign money.

Goldman is Obama's second largest donor.

I almost forgot to mention that Goldman Sachs will benefit the most from "Carbon Cap & Trade". Carbon swaps will make them more than credit swaps.

I almost forgot to mention that Goldman Sachs will benefit the most from "Carbon Cap & Trade". Carbon swaps will make them more than credit swaps.

Cap-and-Tax is HUGE money, with so many thumbs in the pie, it's hard to comprehend it all. Why, for example, does Fannie Mae have a patent for a 'residential carbon trading' system, when their "business" is supposed to be making home ownership more available and more affordable?

When he wasn't busy helping create a $127 billion mess for taxpayers to clean up, former Fannie Mae Chief Executive Officer Franklin Raines, two of his top underlings and select individuals in the "green" movement were inventing a patented system to trade residential carbon credits.

Patent No. 6904336 was approved by the U.S. Patent and Trade Office on Nov. 7, 2006 -- the day after Democrats took control of Congress. Former Sen. John Sununu, R-N.H., criticized the award at the time, pointing out that it had "nothing to do with Fannie Mae's charter, nothing to do with making mortgages more affordable."

It wasn't about mortgages. It was about greenbacks. The patent, which Fannie Mae confirmed it still owns with Cantor Fitzgerald subsidiary CO2e.com, gives the mortgage giant a lock on the fledgling carbon trading market, thus also giving it a major financial stake in the success of cap-and-trade legislation.

Besides Raines, the other "inventors" are:

(more....)

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Barbara Hollingsworth: Fannie Mae owns patent on residential 'cap and trade' exchange | Washington Examiner

Barry's taking a big political risk by using this crisis to forward his agenda... but that's a buttload of money, isn't it? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back