What the Hell is Twitter?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I just signed up for it and as near as I can tell it's like...well I don't know what it's like. Are you supposed to follow people around and Twit them? Seriously? You have that much free time?

i ask the same question....they answered....i still dont have a clue...it is another social networking thing....i think its like a quick update thing..where you can send a message in mass....to everyone on your contact list.

i ask the same question....they answered....i still dont have a clue...it is another social networking thing....i think its like a quick update thing..where you can send a message in mass....to everyone on your contact list.

But WHY?

Are we so discontented with our own lives that we have to know what's going on with others? Or have we just become that nosy? :eusa_eh:

I just signed up for it and as near as I can tell it's like...well I don't know what it's like. Are you supposed to follow people around and Twit them? Seriously? You have that much free time?
It is a fad but could be useful since all media are on twitter. Let's say you are somewhere and you see something, you can tweet via your cell phone to a media outlet of what you are seeing and or to warn the public. I don't use it because I am not out and about nor do I pay for DATA transfer on my cell phone.

Generally another distraction to see how many fans you can acquire to follow your every "thought".
It seemed a good tool in the Iraq protests, but mainly a status symbol if you have a large following.

Oh, and I think you're "tweeting" them; not "twitting" them.

My SIL does that and I don't get it...

It's a useful tool, if you use it right. "Follow" some of the media accounts, some of the pundit accounts. Also, log on with computer once in awhile and browse the "trending topics."

But just think of all the spam you can post on there without a mod asking for links! :D

Here's how I use twitter. I follow all my local TV stations and the local newspaper. I get their tweets of breaking news, weather and sports. I also follow some of the national news outlets and personalities. And of course, follow distant friends.

Forum List

Back