What Reason Do All of You Post Here?

To learn a little. Some chest thumping. In a way it is like therapy. People don't know each other here but it reminds me of sitting around the table solving the world's problems with family members and friends. Only it is a bit nastier at times.

I would guess that most people post for two reasons:

1. To piss off the other side.

2. To get validation from their side.

After 12 years and counting as a member, my excuse is inertia...and the fact that social media horrifies me. I'd rather post on an obscure message board in the dregs of the interwebs than participate in FascistBook and the rest of the Surveillance Media Swarm.

Why is this in Politics?

Don't be a dick.
you just called everybody monkies throwing shit at each other and then wonder why someone is a dick to you.

funny shit mang.

not everybody, just the wingers from both sides.

do try and keep up...

oh, and don't be a dick! :21::21::21:
well when 95% of your body consists of one organ, you cant help but be that organ.

you pussy.

:)

To save money on heating.

When I feel the need to throw another log on the fire I, instead, poke a jibe at an ever-reliable liberal. Their fevered hatred turns my little old laptop into a furnace.

Why is this in Politics?

Don't be a dick.
you just called everybody monkies throwing shit at each other and then wonder why someone is a dick to you.

funny shit mang.

not everybody, just the wingers from both sides.

do try and keep up...

oh, and don't be a dick! :21::21::21:
well when 95% of your body consists of one organ, you cant help but be that organ.

you pussy.

:)

3052455.jpg

1. Vent as needed. Look, I about to hit 71 next month, so when I post an opinion it ain't for me as in trying to feather my nest a little bit. But I do care about this country and those who will follow me in life and I hope everything this country used to stand for is not going down the drain.

2. Learn something I didn't know or appreciate. Somebody will write something and I'll say "is that true?", so I look it up. Mostly it isn't, but that's how I learn stuff.

Personally I do it to say things I'm too civilized to say to some members of my family (they have no qualms themselves about saying whatever moronic things they think, however). Obviously I don't have time to get on here often. Sometimes I wonder why I do at all. When I do it's fun but it's to no real avail. Nobody's mind is ever changed. Facts go ignored by others so they can continue to believe what they believed in the first place. Insults become personal. I've never seen any REAL instance of anyone changing their mind because of anything said on this message board. So my question is why do you/we do it? Just curious.

Nobody's mind is ever changed. Facts go ignored by others so they can continue to believe what they believed in the first place

Exactly, it is just fun to mess with them and try different angles to debate them.

I just come on here because I love News and Politics and been arguing about it on the net since my daughter was born over 20 years ago (Its better and cheaper then doing drugs)

Personally I do it to say things I'm too civilized to say to some members of my family (they have no qualms themselves about saying whatever moronic things they think, however). Obviously I don't have time to get on here often. Sometimes I wonder why I do at all. When I do it's fun but it's to no real avail. Nobody's mind is ever changed. Facts go ignored by others so they can continue to believe what they believed in the first place. Insults become personal. I've never seen any REAL instance of anyone changing their mind because of anything said on this message board. So my question is why do you/we do it? Just curious.

4 The lulz

MMMMMMMMm. I like others opinions. I generally post when there is no activity on the craftsmans forums I belong to. This thing is 24/7 from the whole planet. It's quite interesting

Thanks for that Big Bonnie Blue with the Single Star, JWBooth! Ya! Alternative Big Government BS. I also like to drink orange juice at the Florida Visitor Center. What about you, bad ass? You been to Hellen Keller's House? Reminds me of Davy Crockett... hero of us all. He heard of Texas and Santa Anna.

General Walker posts prove to Koreans I know whats going on. Well... I don't want to see you in Pusan again... except in Boxes...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back