What racism really is?

Whites have had generation upon generation for success. Blacks have had opportunity beginning at the end of Jim Crow (if not later). Why do you hold blacks to a higher standards than your failure counterparts? You should concern yourself with whites who are failures with so much opportunity throughout history. It is actually quite disgusting how those lazy bastards have accomplished nothing with so much opportunity in front of them.
I don't know why we had to go through this long-winded process for you to say that blacks fail because of racism.

Would have been much quicker if you just admitted it from the get-go.

LEGALIZED Racism...big difference

Except for whites who arent successful....Its Affirmative Actions fault.

Blacks who arent successful...no excuses

LOL...uh ok

I haven't even come close to suggesting such a thing.

A.A. operates on the assumption that there should be lower standards for Blacks compared to whites, though, so the system , itself, helps entrench these racist attitudes.

Now tell me how its not racist that it goes to white women and Asians more than any other group. Go ahead and tell me how racist it is for white girls to use it :rofl:

Whites have had generation upon generation for success. Blacks have had opportunity beginning at the end of Jim Crow (if not later). Why do you hold blacks to a higher standards than your failure counterparts? You should concern yourself with whites who are failures with so much opportunity throughout history. It is actually quite disgusting how those lazy bastards have accomplished nothing with so much opportunity in front of them.
I don't know why we had to go through this long-winded process for you to say that blacks fail because of racism.

Would have been much quicker if you just admitted it from the get-go.
Apparently you are as dumb as you are ignorant.

According to purists, racism is limited in understanding to the oppression of one race due to the systems put in place by the race in power.

According to most lay people, racism is understood as extreme bigotry exhibited towards those of other races.

According to the first definition (conveniently) only white people in this country can even be racist, and black folks, especially, are off the hook.

If one defines it according to the second definition, the black community in this country would probably qualify as the most racist segment of the population.
Sure, there are plenty of black racists by your definition if you believe a black questioning an event or pointing out institutionalized racism is racist.
In other words, certain whites think that if blacks don't shut up and conform to white society and institutionalized discrimination, they are racist..

Can you give any examples of institutionalized discrimination? I am not being a troll. I am genuinely interested in knowing where you see institutional discrimination.

According to purists, racism is limited in understanding to the oppression of one race due to the systems put in place by the race in power.

According to most lay people, racism is understood as extreme bigotry exhibited towards those of other races.

According to the first definition (conveniently) only white people in this country can even be racist, and black folks, especially, are off the hook.

If one defines it according to the second definition, the black community in this country would probably qualify as the most racist segment of the population.
Sure, there are plenty of black racists by your definition if you believe a black questioning an event or pointing out institutionalized racism is racist.
In other words, certain whites think that if blacks don't shut up and conform to white society and institutionalized discrimination, they are racist..

Can you give any examples of institutionalized discrimination? I am not being a troll. I am genuinely interested in knowing where you see institutional discrimination.

The GI Bill:
There are lots of reasons that whites have so much more wealth than nonwhites. How the GI Bill played out is one of those reasons. Whites were able to use the government guaranteed housing loans that were a pillar of the bill to buy homes in the fast growing suburbs. Those homes subsequently rose greatly in value in coming decades, creating vast new household wealth for whites during the postwar era.

But black veterans weren't able to make use of the housing provisions of the GI Bill for the most part. Banks generally wouldn't make loans for mortgages in black neighborhoods, and African-Americans were excluded from the suburbs by a combination of deed covenants and informal racism.

In short, the GI Bill helped fostered a long-term boom in white wealth but did almost nothing to help blacks to build wealth. We are still living with the effects of that exclusion today -- and will be for a long time to come.

Except for whites who arent successful....Its Affirmative Actions fault.

Blacks who arent successful...no excuses

LOL...uh ok

I haven't even come close to suggesting such a thing.

A.A. operates on the assumption that there should be lower standards for Blacks compared to whites, though, so the system , itself, helps entrench these racist attitudes.

Now tell me how its not racist that it goes to white women and Asians more than any other group. Go ahead and tell me how racist it is for white girls to use it :rofl:
That's complete bullshit. Asian-Americans are discriminated against as are white and Asian women:

Affirmative action Harvard under fire The Economist

Blacks fail in spite of affirmative action.

The GI Bill:
There are lots of reasons that whites have so much more wealth than nonwhites. How the GI Bill played out is one of those reasons. Whites were able to use the government guaranteed housing loans that were a pillar of the bill to buy homes in the fast growing suburbs. Those homes subsequently rose greatly in value in coming decades, creating vast new household wealth for whites during the postwar era.

But black veterans weren't able to make use of the housing provisions of the GI Bill for the most part. Banks generally wouldn't make loans for mortgages in black neighborhoods, and African-Americans were excluded from the suburbs by a combination of deed covenants and informal racism.

In short, the GI Bill helped fostered a long-term boom in white wealth but did almost nothing to help blacks to build wealth. We are still living with the effects of that exclusion today -- and will be for a long time to come.

I do not know if that is true but my question was directed at current institutional discrimination.

Like now....in 2014.

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for walking? Have you ever been folloowed while you were shopping?

But I wasn't really saying that was my belief that there is institutionalized racism today. I was stating that whites call blacks racist if they disagree with them or make that claim.

The GI Bill:

I do not know if that is true but my question was directed at current institutional discrimination.

Like now....in 2014.

Sorry that was just a Generation or two ago....You're right has nothing to do with today. So you want to talk about racism today and not yesterdays? uhhh ok

What do you mean "institutional"? Like, its a policy to be racist or discriminated against?

Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for walking? Have you ever been folloowed while you were shopping?

But I wasn't really saying that was my belief that there is institutionalized racism today. I was stating that whites call blacks racist if they disagree with them or make that claim.

Yes....I have been hassled by cops for bullshit reasons. Nutz....I am not saying you're wrong. I am trying to understand.

Where is institutional racism exist today....in 2014. The type of racism that would prevent someone from getting a job, or an education, or buying a home.

You know....the things that help get people ahead in life.

The GI Bill:

Like now....in 2014.

What do you mean "institutional"? Like, its a policy?

Yes....that is what institutional means. For example....Jim Crow Laws were sanctioned by the Supreme Court. In my mind, that is institutional racism. Does that still exist....and if so....where?

The Justice system because its hard to get a job when you have a record.

You don't have a record unless you're convicted of a crime. Don't do the crime....no record. Pretty simple. :D

Now is the legal system stacked against the poor? Yeah....no question. Rich guys can get better legal representation.

But is the legal system inherently racist? Maybe....but I'd like to see solid evidence.

The GI Bill:

Like now....in 2014.

Yes....that is what institutional means. For example....Jim Crow Laws were sanctioned by the Supreme Court. In my mind, that is institutional racism. Does that still exist....and if so....where?

No because its illegal so you wont find any legal illegal policies

You don't have a record unless you're convicted of a crime. Don't do the crime....no record. Pretty simple. :D

Ah yes, now when I tell you that blacks get charged, convicted and receive more jail time than their white counterparts your response is...what?

Dont be black?

Now is the legal system stacked against the poor? Yeah....no question. Rich guys can get better legal representation.

Add that part in too. If white families has built up the wealth with White Affirmative Action programs like the GI Bill when they get into legal trouble they have built the wealth to hire better lawyers who give a shit or at least paid to pretend to give a shit

But is the legal system inherently racist? Maybe....but I'd like to see solid evidence.

I love when people ask for "solid evidence" of racism. My next question is "What could be considered SOLID EVIDENCE of racism?"

I could give you 4 lifetimes and you wouldnt have an answer but I'm asking anyway because maybe you're the one that can answer it

The GI Bill:

Like now....in 2014.

No because its illegal so you wont find any legal illegal policies

Yeah...that's what I thought. So legalized discrimination is a thing of the past. There are no legal barriers to getting an education, or a job, or a home.

Does individual bias still exist? Yeah, of course. But it exists in individuals of all races.

Ah yes, now when I tell you that blacks get charged, convicted and receive more jail time than their white counterparts your response is...what?

Dont be black?

Add that part in too. If white families has built up the wealth with White Affirmative Action programs like the GI Bill when they get into legal trouble they have built the wealth to hire better lawyers who give a shit or at least paid to pretend to give a shit

I love when people ask for "solid evidence" of racism. My next question is "What could be considered SOLID EVIDENCE of racism?"

I could give you 4 lifetimes and you wouldnt have an answer but I'm asking anyway because maybe you're the one that can answer it

I like data. If the data says the legal system is inherently biased against blacks and the data is legitimate....I have no problem accepting that.

But remember....the legal system is all of us....black and white.

Yeah...that's what I thought. So legalized discrimination is a thing of the past. There are no legal barriers to getting an education, or a job, or a home.

Does individual bias still exist? Yeah, of course. But it exists in individuals of all races.

Yeah you thought right...Did someone disagree with you on that point?

Forum List

Back