What racism really is?

The Justice system because its hard to get a job when you have a record.

You don't have a record unless you're convicted of a crime. Don't do the crime....no record. Pretty simple. :D

Ah yes, now when I tell you that blacks get charged, convicted and receive more jail time than their white counterparts your response is...what?

Dont be black?

Now is the legal system stacked against the poor? Yeah....no question. Rich guys can get better legal representation.

Add that part in too. If white families has built up the wealth with White Affirmative Action programs like the GI Bill when they get into legal trouble they have built the wealth to hire better lawyers who give a shit or at least paid to pretend to give a shit

But is the legal system inherently racist? Maybe....but I'd like to see solid evidence.

I love when people ask for "solid evidence" of racism. My next question is "What could be considered SOLID EVIDENCE of racism?"

I could give you 4 lifetimes and you wouldnt have an answer but I'm asking anyway because maybe you're the one that can answer it

I like data. If the data says the legal system is inherently biased against blacks and the data is legitimate....I have no problem accepting that.

But remember....the legal system is all of us....black and white.

But Data doesnt "show bias" but it does show that blacks are arrested more, charged more and receive more time for the same crimes. Is that acceptable?

If not, let me know.

Yeah...that's what I thought. So legalized discrimination is a thing of the past. There are no legal barriers to getting an education, or a job, or a home.

Does individual bias still exist? Yeah, of course. But it exists in individuals of all races.

Yeah you thought right...Did someone disagree with you on that point?

I am trying to understand Nutz's statement that blacks are still being subjected to institutional discrimination.

I don't see it...except for maybe the criminal justice system. If institutional racism still exists I'd like to know specifically where it exists.

You don't have a record unless you're convicted of a crime. Don't do the crime....no record. Pretty simple. :D

Ah yes, now when I tell you that blacks get charged, convicted and receive more jail time than their white counterparts your response is...what?

Dont be black?

Now is the legal system stacked against the poor? Yeah....no question. Rich guys can get better legal representation.

Add that part in too. If white families has built up the wealth with White Affirmative Action programs like the GI Bill when they get into legal trouble they have built the wealth to hire better lawyers who give a shit or at least paid to pretend to give a shit

But is the legal system inherently racist? Maybe....but I'd like to see solid evidence.

I love when people ask for "solid evidence" of racism. My next question is "What could be considered SOLID EVIDENCE of racism?"

I could give you 4 lifetimes and you wouldnt have an answer but I'm asking anyway because maybe you're the one that can answer it

I like data. If the data says the legal system is inherently biased against blacks and the data is legitimate....I have no problem accepting that.

But Data doesnt "show bias" but it does show that blacks are arrested more, charged more and receive more time for the same crimes. Is that acceptable?

If not, let me know.

Receiving more time for the same crime would definitely indicate bias and discrimination in my mind. Arrested and charged? I don't think so.

The data I have seen says that per capita blacks commit far more crime than whites. Per the FBI blacks are 5X more likely to commit a homicide. They are 3x more likely to commit a violent crime.

Oh you swapped Institutional out for Legalized.

in·sti·tu·tion·al
ˌinstəˈt(y)o͞oSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
  1. of, in, or like an institution or institutions.
    "institutional care"
It does fit the term "routine" or "systematic" like the justice system

Dont be black?

If not, let me know.

Receiving more time for the same crime would definitely indicate bias and discrimination in my mind. Arrested and charged? I don't think so.

The data I have seen says that per capita blacks commit far more crime than whites. Per the FBI blacks are 5X more likely to commit a homicide. They are 3x more likely to commit a violent crime.

“Racial minorities are more likely than white Americans to be arrested,” the report explains. “Once arrested, they are more likely to be convicted; and once convicted, they are more likely to face stiff sentences.”

The problem begins with police activity. According to Justice Department data cited in the report, police arrested black youth for drug crimes at more than twice the rate of white youth between 1980 and 2010, nationwide. Yet a 2012 study from the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that white high-school students were slightly more likely to have abused illegal drugs within the past month than black students of the same age.

http://sentencingproject.org/doc/publications/rd_ICCPR Race and Justice Shadow Report.pdf

Professor Spohn’s conclusion has been further verified by research conducted over the
past decade. In his 2001 analysis of 77,236 federal cases from 1991 to 1994, for
instance, Professor David Mustard found that even when cases were controlled for the
severity of the offense, the defendant’s prior criminal history, and the specific district
court’s sentencing tendencies, blacks received sentences 5.5 months longer than whites
and Hispanics received sentences 4.5 months longer than whites.64 When income was
considered as a variable, the disparity became even greater: blacks with incomes of less
than $5,000 were sentenced most harshly of all, receiving sentences that were on
average 6.2 months longer than other defendants.65 Because the average sentence
length was 46 months, this data means that poor black defendants received sentences
on average 13% longer than other defendants.

http://sentencingproject.org/doc/publications/rd_ICCPR Race and Justice Shadow Report.pdf

Thanks. Yeah....that's discriminatory. That shit needs to stop.

The worst part about it is that since the system is unfair then what happens is you either spend time sitting in jail or you get whatever money you can to bail out. Then you have a record, then you are "a criminal" and being black is hard enough but to find a job as a "black criminal" sheesh. No one considers "being young and dumb" thats reserved for other...less scary people.

So when blacks are locked up more often that system CREATES an entire underclass of people.

According to purists, racism is limited in understanding to the oppression of one race due to the systems put in place by the race in power.

According to most lay people, racism is understood as extreme bigotry exhibited towards those of other races.

According to the first definition (conveniently) only white people in this country can even be racist, and black folks, especially, are off the hook.

If one defines it according to the second definition, the black community in this country would probably qualify as the most racist segment of the population.
Sure, there are plenty of black racists by your definition if you believe a black questioning an event or pointing out institutionalized racism is racist.
In other words, certain whites think that if blacks don't shut up and conform to white society and institutionalized discrimination, they are racist..

Can you give any examples of institutionalized discrimination? I am not being a troll. I am genuinely interested in knowing where you see institutional discrimination.
Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for walking? Have you ever been folloowed while you were shopping?

But I wasn't really saying that was my belief that there is institutionalized racism today. I was stating that whites call blacks racist if they disagree with them or make that claim.

Yes....I have been hassled by cops for bullshit reasons. Nutz....I am not saying you're wrong. I am trying to understand.

Where is institutional racism exist today....in 2014. The type of racism that would prevent someone from getting a job, or an education, or buying a home.

You know....the things that help get people ahead in life.
You don't understand the way I post. I don't believe that there is institutionalized racism today (outside of law and order). I believe that we are all equal and we all have the opportunity to succeed. My comment was probably poorly written...my point was that whites call anyone racist if they believe racism exists. My point is that the black left has some legitimate complaints whether I agree or not. Those complaints don't make blacks racist...maybe irrational in some cases, but not racists.

Except for whites who arent successful....Its Affirmative Actions fault.

Blacks who arent successful...no excuses

LOL...uh ok

Blacks who aren't successful it's the fault of "white privilege."

White's who aren't successful have no excuse.

LOL... uh ok.

Last edited:
According to purists, racism is limited in understanding to the oppression of one race due to the systems put in place by the race in power.

According to most lay people, racism is understood as extreme bigotry exhibited towards those of other races.

According to the first definition (conveniently) only white people in this country can even be racist, and black folks, especially, are off the hook.

If one defines it according to the second definition, the black community in this country would probably qualify as the most racist segment of the population.
Sure, there are plenty of black racists by your definition if you believe a black questioning an event or pointing out institutionalized racism is racist.

Dont be black?

If not, let me know.

Study Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks TIME.com

Dont be black?

If not, let me know.

Study Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks TIME.com
Of course...they just don't get arrested or go to jail for their drug abuse. Their transgressions are ignored.

Racism is the only politically correct excuse for black failure.
Racism is the only excuse for white failure. PC not needed to see an idiot in a trailer blaming generations of failure on Affirmative Action.
Your response is overtly knee jerky. Why are blacks such failures, not only in America,but the world over?
Simple...lack of opportunity. As for your next argument about Africa...different culture.
Lack of opportunity = racism? Different culture, how about China and the rest of the world.

Failure = racism, the only politically correct excuse as I said.
I never said failure = racism...those are your ignorant words.
What about China...of the billion or so Chinese people, how many are in poverty?

What about the trailer parks? What about the whites who have had opportunity and are still failures. How can a white person, who has had lifetimes of opportunity, assets only allowed to them...passed down from generation to generation to generation to generation - still live in a trailer and still complain that the black man is keeping them down.

Absolutely pathetic.

The trailer trash people aren't out laying in front of traffic trying to get attention. They seem to be very happy with their trailer trash life. Unlike the welfare government teat suckers in Ferguson, MO.

Racism is the only excuse for white failure. PC not needed to see an idiot in a trailer blaming generations of failure on Affirmative Action.
Your response is overtly knee jerky. Why are blacks such failures, not only in America,but the world over?
Simple...lack of opportunity. As for your next argument about Africa...different culture.
Lack of opportunity = racism? Different culture, how about China and the rest of the world.

Failure = racism, the only politically correct excuse as I said.
I never said failure = racism...those are your ignorant words.
What about China...of the billion or so Chinese people, how many are in poverty?

What about the trailer parks? What about the whites who have had opportunity and are still failures. How can a white person, who has had lifetimes of opportunity, assets only allowed to them...passed down from generation to generation to generation to generation - still live in a trailer and still complain that the black man is keeping them down.

Absolutely pathetic.

The trailer trash people aren't out laying in front of traffic trying to get attention. They seem to be very happy with their trailer trash life. Unlike the welfare government teat suckers in Ferguson, MO.
:lmao: you think trailer trash isn't on welfare. How pathetic. I guess you think there are more blacks than whites on welfare too!

The worst part about it is that since the system is unfair then what happens is you either spend time sitting in jail or you get whatever money you can to bail out. Then you have a record, then you are "a criminal" and being black is hard enough but to find a job as a "black criminal" sheesh. No one considers "being young and dumb" thats reserved for other...less scary people.

So when blacks are locked up more often that system CREATES an entire underclass of people.

Please, let me state the standard talking point before someone else does.

"But Affirmative Action is the "great equalizer". Those who are released from prison jump straight to the "front of the line" ahead of more deserving and qualified white applicants, and then those who are not chosen to displace white applicants can always fall back on all of the "free shit" that being black automatically qualifies them for, or the "wretched" POTUS will give them"

Does that sum it up? Or did I leave something out?

....LMAO.

Please, let me state the standard talking point before someone else does.

"But Affirmative Action is the "great equalizer". Those who are released from prison jump straight to the "front of the line" ahead of more deserving and qualified white applicants, and then those who are not chosen to displace white applicants can always fall back on all of the "free shit" that being black automatically qualifies them for, or the "wretched" POTUS will give them"

Does that sum it up? Or did I leave something out?

....LMAO.
you forgeot t use the word nigg3r

Stop killing whites at twice the raw number every year
Raise your children right to grow into respected adults
Get an education
Learn how to look at evidence and to think critically about things. Emotionally hasn't served you well.
Teach your children to respect others and the businesses within their community.

Do this and there will be far fewer racist. Your goal is to install trust and respect within the other communities of this country. If you're going to destroy and call them racist for pointing it out to you, then you will gain no good will.

Last edited:

Dont be black?

If not, let me know.

“Racial minorities are more likely than white Americans to be arrested,” the report explains. “Once arrested, they are more likely to be convicted; and once convicted, they are more likely to face stiff sentences.”

The problem begins with police activity. According to Justice Department data cited in the report, police arrested black youth for drug crimes at more than twice the rate of white youth between 1980 and 2010, nationwide. Yet a 2012 study from the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that white high-school students were slightly more likely to have abused illegal drugs within the past month than black students of the same age.

maybe thats because the black youth are out in the streets gangbanging, looking thug life and committing other crimes AND skipping school AND joining gangs AND skipping school.

Last edited:

Dont be black?

If not, let me know.

maybe thats because the black youth are out in the streets gangbanging, looking thug life and committing other crimes AND skipping school AND joining gangs AND skipping school.

And what does that mean again? Oh I get it this is your version of "they deserve unfair justice practices because they dress scary". It needs work

Forum List

Back