What percentage of Americans are "racist"?

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
So, Hillary has made the claim that Trump supporters are racist and every other ism.

This type of marginalization of those who oppose the liberal agenda is not new.

Lets take a real look though on how many Americans really align themselves politically based on racism.

This Is a Test

‘They’re going to try to make you afraid of me,” Barack Obama told the audience at a Jacksonville fundraiser last month. “He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?” Obama was doing here by inference what many of his supporters do more explicitly. Obama’s candidacy, in their view, puts American voters to the test: Are they open-minded enough to vote for a black candidate? Or are they still so overcome by racial prejudice as to reject the first black candidate with a serious chance to win?

There are obviously problems with this. In a nation of 303 million, there are surely some people who won’t vote for Obama because he’s black. But there are a lot more Americans who aren’t willing to vote for him for other reasons that have nothing to do with race — because he’s a Democrat, because he’s taken liberal positions on many issues, because (to quote his own words) he’s young and inexperienced.

In any case, Obama’s candidacy by itself is not a test of whether Americans are unwilling to vote for a black candidate; to determine that, you would have to take into account whether those unwilling to vote for him would be willing to vote for a different kind of black candidate.

And as it happens, there is such a test case. In the fall of 1995, Colin Powell, fresh from a boffo book tour, was (or was widely thought to be) contemplating running for president. There were plenty of polls matching him as the Republican nominee against incumbent Democrat Bill Clinton. And running well: A typical Gallup poll had him leading Clinton 54 to 39 percent. That ‘s bigger than any lead Obama has had over John McCain this year. And an analysis of 1995 and 2008 polls show that these two black candidates (putative candidate in the case of Powell, if you like) shows that they were attracting many different voters.

In 1995, Powell was winning virtually all Republicans, a majority of Independents and a small number of Democrats. In recent polls this year, Obama has been winning virtually all Democrats, about half the Independents and a small number of Republicans. In other words, they have largely non-overlapping constituencies. That seems to leave considerably less than 10 percent of American voters either (a) unwilling to vote for Powell in 1995 and (b) unwilling to vote for Obama in 2008. And some of that small number are surely motivated by factors other than race. So I would submit that the vast majority of American voters have already passed the test. They’ve shown they’re willing to vote for a black candidate, provided he has acceptable views on issues and appropriate experience for the job."

Read more at: This Is a Test

I've been saying this for years. For years the Liberals have been hiding from this truth.

This is good news about America.

When Hillary accuses her opponents of racism she is lying.

She is trying to avoid having to make the case for her and her platform honestly and seriously.

She is the deplorable one.

I think Asian students, as a group, do better in school than White students.

That makes me a racist, and anyone who agrees with my assessment a racist.

We're all racists. We were tribal from the git-go. That has never changed. It's in our genes.

"Our tribe good - your tribe bad - kill - kill" or a variation of that will be with us always. 50,000 years from now when we're all the same color, there will still be differences in our eyes and our hair, our height and our girth, and those will mark us as belonging to either "us" or "them".

Sheesh. Get over it. Just about everyone is racist to one degree or another. It's not about how we feel about people different from us, it's what we do about it. We can either emphasize the differences (for whatever evil purpose) or we can emphasize what we all have in common, for the common good.

I think promoting the common good is even in our constitution. Maybe because it makes good sense.

The biggest group of racists in this country are "liberal" Democrats who believe that "people of color" are inherently inferior and unable to compete with "white" people unless they are given preferential treatment.

So, Hillary has made the claim that Trump supporters are racist and every other ism.

This type of marginalization of those who oppose the liberal agenda is not new.

Lets take a real look though on how many Americans really align themselves politically based on racism.

This Is a Test

‘They’re going to try to make you afraid of me,” Barack Obama told the audience at a Jacksonville fundraiser last month. “He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?” Obama was doing here by inference what many of his supporters do more explicitly. Obama’s candidacy, in their view, puts American voters to the test: Are they open-minded enough to vote for a black candidate? Or are they still so overcome by racial prejudice as to reject the first black candidate with a serious chance to win?

There are obviously problems with this. In a nation of 303 million, there are surely some people who won’t vote for Obama because he’s black. But there are a lot more Americans who aren’t willing to vote for him for other reasons that have nothing to do with race — because he’s a Democrat, because he’s taken liberal positions on many issues, because (to quote his own words) he’s young and inexperienced.

In any case, Obama’s candidacy by itself is not a test of whether Americans are unwilling to vote for a black candidate; to determine that, you would have to take into account whether those unwilling to vote for him would be willing to vote for a different kind of black candidate.

And as it happens, there is such a test case. In the fall of 1995, Colin Powell, fresh from a boffo book tour, was (or was widely thought to be) contemplating running for president. There were plenty of polls matching him as the Republican nominee against incumbent Democrat Bill Clinton. And running well: A typical Gallup poll had him leading Clinton 54 to 39 percent. That ‘s bigger than any lead Obama has had over John McCain this year. And an analysis of 1995 and 2008 polls show that these two black candidates (putative candidate in the case of Powell, if you like) shows that they were attracting many different voters.

In 1995, Powell was winning virtually all Republicans, a majority of Independents and a small number of Democrats. In recent polls this year, Obama has been winning virtually all Democrats, about half the Independents and a small number of Republicans. In other words, they have largely non-overlapping constituencies. That seems to leave considerably less than 10 percent of American voters either (a) unwilling to vote for Powell in 1995 and (b) unwilling to vote for Obama in 2008. And some of that small number are surely motivated by factors other than race. So I would submit that the vast majority of American voters have already passed the test. They’ve shown they’re willing to vote for a black candidate, provided he has acceptable views on issues and appropriate experience for the job."

Read more at: This Is a Test

I've been saying this for years. For years the Liberals have been hiding from this truth.

This is good news about America.

When Hillary accuses her opponents of racism she is lying.

She is trying to avoid having to make the case for her and her platform honestly and seriously.

She is the deplorable one.

You know, strong statistical evidence that America is not nearly as racist as commonly thought, is pretty important.

YOu would think that people would be in here discussing the happy news.

Forum List

Back