What Obama Needs to Win Re-election

Repudiate everything he has said and done and move to Romney's right.

The moving to the right part shouldn't be too hard. There is only a smidgen of difference between the two.
As far as taking the other side of everything he has ever said and done, well, Romney has no solid ground to contrast himself with Obummer there.

I'm waiting for him to hit Romney's big lies pretty hard. The one ad, which is a complete lie, is Romney's claim that Obama secretly ended the work requirement for welfare. With enough push, that lie could become the number one question asked by the pundits.

And yes, the Republican party has totally alienated immigrants, Hispanics, and even Asians. Their transparent attempts to suppress their voting will have a backlash effect.

The other thing that Obama has to continue to do is show how Romney's plans are exactly what got us into this mess.

Although a bit harder to put into sound bites, are the facts that repealing Obamacare will also destroy Medicare and the tax goals presented by Romney will raise taxes on the bottom 98%, will cutting taxes dramatically for the wealthiest.

What Obama needs to realize is that Romney is no McCain. He's no longer dealing with someone with a sense of honesty. Romney will say whatever he thinks will work, and his positions are still all over the board. What Obama has been able to do is paint Romney into the fringe right corner, and force Mitt to dig himself out. That's why Obama is still leading. He's been very successful at picking up moderates and independents. He should keep this up.

I look forward to Obama and Biden cleaning clocks during the debates. Obama has the facts and ability to communicate them on his side. Even Biden will be able to tear Ryan a new one. Say what you will about his slips of the tongue, Biden knows what's happening and be able to paint Ryan as a fringe nutcase.

Romney will cream obama in the debates. For one thing, people will be paying more attention to what obama says this time. Answers like he doesn't care if revenue to the government is reduced by higher taxes if it means more fairness in take home pay won't go unnoticed. Much of what obama said was overlooked or dismissed in the zeal to elect the first black president. That isn't going to happen this time. The bloom is off that little rose.

Why will Romney cream obama in the debates? Because obama doesn't know that he will be receiving more scrutiny this time around. He thinks nothing has changed. He will continue to make stupid statements imagining that every word that falls from his mouth is a pearl. He isn't running for office in this election, he's running for office in the last election. The one he won, he can't imagine that this is a new fight, he's going to do the same things he did last time, when all his missteps were overlooked or ignored.

obama's political story was already told in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane!

I feel the opposite.. Romney's puppet strings may break and then he is on his own..It will be a disaster for him. Just like it has been every time he opens his mouth..
Looking forward to watching these debates very much so.

The difference is, Romney can be coherent without a teleprompter, obama can't.

The jobs situation will not improve between now and election day, it might get worse, but can't improve because no one is hiring in advance of the election. There is no growth, nor expansion. Even China has dumped all of the stock in American investment waiting to see whether there will be a favorable or unfavorable business climate.

The jobs situation will improve. Not by much. But any serious review of the data shows the biggest problems is still in construction and government hiring. Romney's do nothing plans will have zero credibility, when he's campaigning on further deregulating banking.

As for speaking on ones feet, Obama beats Romney by a mile. When Romney goes off message, he sounds like an elitist douchebag. How man NASCAR fans did he win over with his regular guy schtick, claiming that he has friends that own NASCAR teams?

There used to be a time when to get re-elected you had a steep hill to climb. You had to get things done. You had to create jobs, proffer great ideas, demonstrate leadership, keep the budget under control, shake a lot of hands and kiss a lot of babies.

Now all you have to do is convice the voters the other guy is a bigger and more evil bastard than you are.

Last edited:
The government can't create any jobs, other than government jobs. The only thing the government can do is create a business climate favorable to job creators. Since job creators are obama's enemies, you won't see a favorable business climate.

Maybe I don't give young people enough credit, they might already know this.

Obama just needs to show up

It's all over except for the ceremonial throwing of Romney under the bus by Republicans

obama thinks he's done a good job and will be reelected as the thanks of a grateful nation.

And that is why he will lose.

If you are that confident, I will bet you $10 Romney wins, and you give me 50-1 odds.

Hell, I will set up a paypal account just for this occasion.

I don't wager money. I will be happy to include you in a bet I have with Tea Party Salami. If Obama wins, you change your sig line to the following:

"All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President"

If The Governor Wins, I change my sig line to:

"All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President"

Under the terms I have with TPS, I will have to leave it there until 12/31/13. I'll only force you to leave it there until 1/1/13.

Font color Blue
Bold Type Face
Size 3 Font.

FYI: I also will be in exile until 1/1/13 as part of the terms.

Anyway...this is a no-cost way to stake your claim. Up to you. :deal:

I understand why you don't wager money in the Obama economy...... :clap2:

I'm waiting for him to hit Romney's big lies pretty hard. The one ad, which is a complete lie, is Romney's claim that Obama secretly ended the work requirement for welfare. With enough push, that lie could become the number one question asked by the pundits.

And yes, the Republican party has totally alienated immigrants, Hispanics, and even Asians. Their transparent attempts to suppress their voting will have a backlash effect.

The other thing that Obama has to continue to do is show how Romney's plans are exactly what got us into this mess.

Although a bit harder to put into sound bites, are the facts that repealing Obamacare will also destroy Medicare and the tax goals presented by Romney will raise taxes on the bottom 98%, will cutting taxes dramatically for the wealthiest.

What Obama needs to realize is that Romney is no McCain. He's no longer dealing with someone with a sense of honesty. Romney will say whatever he thinks will work, and his positions are still all over the board. What Obama has been able to do is paint Romney into the fringe right corner, and force Mitt to dig himself out. That's why Obama is still leading. He's been very successful at picking up moderates and independents. He should keep this up.

I look forward to Obama and Biden cleaning clocks during the debates. Obama has the facts and ability to communicate them on his side. Even Biden will be able to tear Ryan a new one. Say what you will about his slips of the tongue, Biden knows what's happening and be able to paint Ryan as a fringe nutcase.

You have a little shit in the corner of your mouth.

As I keep reading on here, this election is about the economy.

What he needs is jobs. If the next 3 months have positive job growth, he has a good chance of being reelected, if not, I think he will lose, but probably by as closely as Bush beat Gore.

I think the jobs issue is over-blown. I don't see it being a huge issue if it isn't already. If it gets above 10%; thats a psychological barrier that would likely wound the President's chances. I doubt it will matter much.

Obama has it in the bag.

OH MY GAWD!!! :lol:

If we were to invade Afghanistan today, it would be front page news. After 11 years of war; it's not even news anylonger. And men and women are dying there. After a while the public moves on. Jobless figures are certainly not as important to most Americans as the loss of life. People have moved on.

Aside from the political aspects of it but 8% give or take may be the new normal.

As I keep reading on here, this election is about the economy.

What he needs is jobs. If the next 3 months have positive job growth, he has a good chance of being reelected, if not, I think he will lose, but probably by as closely as Bush beat Gore.

I think the jobs issue is over-blown. I don't see it being a huge issue if it isn't already. If it gets above 10%; thats a psychological barrier that would likely wound the President's chances. I doubt it will matter much.

Obama has it in the bag.

Poll: Angry with economy, youth vote to jump 50% | WashingtonExaminer.com

"Younger voters, angry with the lack of jobs and a stalled economy that's cut their entertainment budget and forced many to live with mom and dad, are expected to flock to the polls in even greater numbers than 2008 when President Obama's inspirational message of hope and change drew millions to the polls.

While 51 percent of Millennials age 18-29 voted in the 2008 election, 76 percent plan to vote this fall, according to a new poll from the influential group Generation Opportunity, a 50 percent jump.

While the group did not ask who younger voters prefer in the presidential race, they are inspired no more and are clearly driven by anger over the economy and the fact that they might not have lives as good as their parents..................."

Funny, a Romney fluffer in another thread tells me the Youth Vote is down.

The Governor is circling the drain.

i feel the opposite.. Romney's puppet strings may break and then he is on his own..it will be a disaster for him. Just like it has been every time he opens his mouth..
Looking forward to watching these debates very much so.

the difference is, romney can be coherent without a teleprompter, obama can't.

The jobs situation will not improve between now and election day, it might get worse, but can't improve because no one is hiring in advance of the election. There is no growth, nor expansion. Even china has dumped all of the stock in american investment waiting to see whether there will be a favorable or unfavorable business climate.

the jobs situation will improve. Not by much. But any serious review of the data shows the biggest problems is still in construction and government hiring. Romney's do nothing plans will have zero credibility, when he's campaigning on further deregulating banking.

as for speaking on ones feet, obama beats romney by a mile. When romney goes off message, he sounds like an elitist douchebag. How man nascar fans did he win over with his regular guy schtick, claiming that he has friends that own nascar teams?

View attachment 20672

If you are that confident, I will bet you $10 Romney wins, and you give me 50-1 odds.

Hell, I will set up a paypal account just for this occasion.

I don't wager money. I will be happy to include you in a bet I have with Tea Party Salami. If Obama wins, you change your sig line to the following:

"All Hail President Obama, Your President, My President, Our President"

If The Governor Wins, I change my sig line to:

"All Hail President Romney, Your President, My President, Our President"

Under the terms I have with TPS, I will have to leave it there until 12/31/13. I'll only force you to leave it there until 1/1/13.

Font color Blue
Bold Type Face
Size 3 Font.

FYI: I also will be in exile until 1/1/13 as part of the terms.

Anyway...this is a no-cost way to stake your claim. Up to you. :deal:

Well?

Most people are NOT better off than they were four years ago and that is going to take it toll. Jobs, the economy and housing are on the minds of the electorate and I don't think Obama has the base he did in 2008.

Even if it does not affect the voter perse, there is usually some one close to them that is in trouble. Too many out there are looking for jobs, see their equity in their homes drop or their income is stagnate.

Add to this the disgust with the class warfare and apparent racism of this White House, I think the president may be in for troubling times as we get closer to the election. The Hope and Change just did not come.

obama doesn't have the base he had or the money he had.

Your right, Katz, he spent his money early and hasn't raised the funds that Romney has generated. Obama has spent like he urges Congress to do, running deficits each month. That will have a chilling effect when more states come into play as the election draws near.

You have a little shit in the corner of your mouth.

I'll have a full shit eating grin on election night.

Forum List

Back