*What Makes Serving In Military You More Deserving To Political Opinion?

Sorry bout that,

As a Vet....go fuck yourself.

I know and did more than you, so I have an experienced opinion on national defense and foreign policy compared to a dunce like you. I also know things that you will never know with your Burger King job.

If I want advice on the way to make french fries, I'll ask you.

Oh, I'm working on my second Masters degree, so you're a mental midget compared to me.

Sorry bout that,

1. So I am always hearing how some vets have some imagined upper ground on their political views, I call bullshit.
2. I appreciate you folks who have answered the call to serve in the military, but why do you think it gives you folks the right to bash other with your duty of serving, when I was of age, there was no wars to join in to fight anyway.
3. You served, thanks!
4. Now stfu about how you think you are better than us who didn't.
5. I myself have listened to a lot of you vets, and I can assure you most of you vets are stupid as a rock.
6. But some make good sense, and I give you props for that, but I get really anal with all this crap, and your sense of entitlement to some over measure of respect, when you don't deserve it based on what you write here.
7. So some of you bastards can simply blow it out your fucking asses.
8. Others who deserve respect, you shall get some, but not because you served, you will get my respect for what kind of logic you use, and how I feel about what I gather from you, not about you being a vet, *at all*.
9. So if you are a scruffy mofo here, and you happen to be a vet, you will feel my wrath, just like any other schmuck here.
10. Get used to it, there is no *vet card*, we all are under the same rules here.
11. No offense.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Oh boy, here we go.:badgrin:
2. Another vet who thinks he has the high ground.
3. These types get worse with age folks.:badgrin: see Cammmpbel
4. Poor bastard.
5. Why are you still banging your head trying to get an education?
6. If you had any wisdom, you would know you could start a corporation right now, right here in USA and do well, right now.
7. Now who is the *idjit*?
8. Get your facts straight *idjit*, whats that guys name, Richard Branson, didn't finish high school, and is a ceo of Virgin *everything*.
9. Here we have a vet using the vet bill to get further educated, when he has had enough education for so long to do just about anything he could dream of, but he is too much caught in the ruts of the road in his mission to out do all the other vets who went before to see it.
10. Thats the breaks, tough shit palsie.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. So I am always hearing how some vets have some imagined upper ground on their political views, I call bullshit.
2. I appreciate you folks who have answered the call to serve in the military, but why do you think it gives you folks the right to bash other with your duty of serving, when I was of age, there was no wars to join in to fight anyway.
3. You served, thanks!
5. I myself have listened to a lot of you vets, and I can assure you most of you vets are stupid as a rock.
6. But some make good sense, and I give you props for that, but I get really anal with all this crap, and your sense of entitlement to some over measure of respect, when you don't deserve it based on what you write here.
8. Others who deserve respect, you shall get some, but not because you served, you will get my respect for what kind of logic you use, and how I feel about what I gather from you, not about you being a vet, *at all*.
9. So if you are a scruffy mofo here, and you happen to be a vet, you will feel my wrath, just like any other schmuck here.
10. Get used to it, there is no *vet card*, we all are under the same rules here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

You're a 'tard.

Not really sorry about that at all.

I've never made the claim you say I have. I have training and experience in a certain field, so my views in that field carry more weight than those of someone with no training and experience.

If someone wants to know about being an NCO in US Air Force civil engineering, I'm the guy to talk to.

If someone wants to know about being an incoherent retard on the internet, you're the guy to talk to.

Sorry bout that,

The so called RESPECT and admiration that this board professes for VETERANS is largely bullshit.

You must already know that, right?

This board is loaded with chickenhawks who are mostly trying to glom off the respect that we ought to give VETS.

I read some of the blather some people here (who identify themselves as veterans) and I have my doubts about their veracity.

My guess is about half the so called vets here aren't

Yeah, it always amazes me how many people on this board claim to have

a. seen action

and

b. own their own businesses.

Frankly, I think most of them are full of shit.

I set up my small business while I was in a fire fight.

Then Obama got elected and closed my business against my will with his regulations.

1. Thats not right!
2. I am sure you will still find a way to make it.
3. Does bring up the question what was the business though.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

As a Vet....go fuck yourself.

I know and did more than you, so I have an experienced opinion on national defense and foreign policy compared to a dunce like you. I also know things that you will never know with your Burger King job.

If I want advice on the way to make french fries, I'll ask you.

Oh, I'm working on my second Masters degree, so you're a mental midget compared to me.

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
That.....was the ultimate bitch slap post. Well done!
Thank you for your service to the nation.

1. More of what I'm talking about, *High Five*!!!!!!
2. This shit writes itself.:badgrin:
3. Thanks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

call your doctor and get your meds adlusted !

Sorry bout that,

I don't believe my opinion should count for more than anyone else's, and I suspect most other vets don't either. When it comes to military issues though, we do have some experience to draw on.

I have never felt here, that any veteran of any war, has held their opinion to be the highest and best. Rather, from a different vantage point, do they speak, and I listen.

I seen a few of us pull a "Walter"

1. Huh?
2. Is that kinda like a *Mulligan* in golf?
3. Who was *Walter*?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Putting your life on the line doesn't show a williness to sacrifice for your Country that cannot be shown in any other way? How idiotic. Come back when you grow up and/or grow a pair.

1. Okay, you throw down the *vet card*.:mad:
2. Who gives a shit now?:badgrin:
3. Blow it out your ass.:badgrin:
4. This shit writes itself.:badgrin:
5. Now you want everyone to side with you because you threw down the *vet card* right?:eek:
6. I'm gonna have to say, good luck palsie.:badgrin:
7. Go back and get an education on the VA asshole.
8. And when you get your second masters degree, then you will be smart enough to start a business, okay?:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It does not make them more Deserving of having an Opinion, but one can assume that their opinions Military related issues should hold more weight than someone who has never served.

Sorry bout that,

thats ok Slick, i think there should be a constitutional ammendment that only veterens can vote.

a person should HAVE to have put it on the line to get a say so in how the show works as far as I am concerned.

I think there should be a constitutional amendment forbidding draft dodging chickenhawks from campaigning for POTUS on a platform of unilateral foreign war. Not that our foreign wars aren't already unconstitutional but maybe it needs to be reemphasized before someone starts WWIII.

1. And thats what pretty much *all* vets think.:badgrin:
2. And thats why Americans other than the military can own guns too.:Boom2:
3. And thats why the military keeps its self from thinking to coup.
4. And not only everyone who went into the military has a whole butt load of military weaponry.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Since you didn't ask.....

I note, that this set of observations come from someone who signs his posts "SirJamesofTexas". I think I'll let everyone else here decide for themselves what that says about the sort of perspective from which you condescend to lecture others about "arrogance".

You ought not be surprised that most veterans here are proud of their service; indeed, I feel sad for any veteran who is not. For all the sacrifices one makes in the course of military service to our country, wearing America's uniform is something most of us regard as an honor and a privilege. Whether we served a single enlistment, or a career, in peacetime or on the battlefield, honorable service has instilled in us a pride which no one can take away.

We ARE NOT better than you; we ARE different from you. Just as those who choose to serve their communities as police officers, firefighters, or paramedics have a different perspective from the citizens they serve and protect, so do those who have served in the Armed Forces. We know something about devotion to something larger and more important than ourselves; we know something about putting ourselves on the line to protect the lives, the safety, and the freedom of others. We are, perhaps, a bit more likely to appreciate those things I just mentioned, because we have seen the price of them, measured sometimes in the lives of our friends, fellow professionals, and brother-in-arms. We also tend to remember those currently paying that price; those who now protect us too, long after our own service is done.

As for politics, I have noticed that most of those who throw out epithets like "chickenhawk" are NOT vets. I can tell you myself that when I served, I rarely knew, and did not care, whether the soldier beside me was liberal or conservative, republican or democrat. The ONLY thing I cared about was whether I could rely on that individual, when the excrement hit the fan. Those of us who have experienced combat know that enemy fire, mines and booby traps are no respecters of political affiliation.

Speaking of combat, it is something all of us who have experienced it have learned to hate; a dirty, nasty, brutal, dehumanizing thing which none of us would ever care to repeat, except under grim necessity. The only people who are unafraid under fire are the insane, the foolish, and those who have never been there; anyone else, is terrified. I have yet to meet a combat soldier who thought he was a hero; the sweating and shaking with fear that goes with battle doesn't make any man feel like a hero; it humbles him. That said, when some armchair commando starts telling us how to feel, or what to think, about war, or the particular conflict we served in, without having had the experience, he/she is likely to get a piece of our opinion on the subject; after all, WE were there, and YOU were not.

As for who you think is stupid, who you think is "dumb as a rock", and whose opinions you don't value (because you disagree with them?), you have a right to voice your opinion. You can throw any insult you want-but if I think those insults are unwarranted, and especially if you attack the service of one of my brothers and sisters in arms here, I promise you I will dish it right back. We "had each other's back" when we were serving, and we still do. I don't care whether you like that or not; that is NOT subject to change, and you and anyone else who doesn't understand that will just have to deal with it.

Sorry bout that,

You know, I find that entire thing to be insulting bullshit. It insinuates that you can't support this country in ANY other way other than getting shot at.

What about the women that worked in the factories in WWII?

What about all the civilian scientists and engineers that keep the US ahead of the rest of the world? (The real reason we win our wars, btw)

I find that to be incredibly disturbing that the achievements of these people are considered 2nd rate to the armed forces.

1. They *all* think that way.
2. They think their shit don't stink too.:badgrin:
3. But, I'm pretty sure it do.:badgrin:
4. The military has its place in the world, but it should stop at politics.
5. There usually is a problem when politics and military gets mixed together, its called, dictatorships.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

thats ok Slick, i think there should be a constitutional ammendment that only veterens can vote.

a person should HAVE to have put it on the line to get a say so in how the show works as far as I am concerned.

I think there should be a constitutional amendment forbidding draft dodging chickenhawks from campaigning for POTUS on a platform of unilateral foreign war. Not that our foreign wars aren't already unconstitutional but maybe it needs to be reemphasized before someone starts WWIII.

That is NOT what the constitution I swore to support and defend says, so NO!

Sorry bout that,

Many times I have been accused of lying when I tell people that I served, it's almost like they cannot imagine that someone with liberal views could ever have been in, there is a good reason for that. The people who did the best were those who were accepting of arbitrary authority figures, like conservatives, I never could so I got out and and got a real job.
With an attitude like you display here.

Most likely you were chaptered out with either A Dishonorable Discharge or a General Discharge.

That you were kicked out for violating the DADT Policy would be my guess as the reason. :doubt:

1. ^^^^^ One of the most guilty of dropping the *vet card*.
2. And look at his moniker, claims to be a muslim, that should make most real vets fuming mad!:mad::mad::mad:
3. Just amazing, and look at his rep points, another reason I disdain anything he has to say.
4. And his views on religion are just as stink-co.
5. Because islam isn't really a religion, but thats another topic eh folks???:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The man whose service you mock and whose religion you just demeaned happens to be a combat veteran of Vietnam. I may not agree with a lot of what he says, but as a Vietnam vet, he's a brother of mine, I'm standing up for him, and you need to apologize.

Sorry bout that,

2. And look at his moniker, claims to be a muslim, that should make most real vets fuming mad!:mad::mad::mad:
3. Just amazing, and look at his rep points, another reason I disdain anything he has to say.
You are so jealous of me that you can't stand it. :lol: :lol: :cuckoo:

1. Jealous???:badgrin:
2. Really???:badgrin:
3. Hey gruuuurowl, that new avatar you have has some really sexy eyes!:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

With an attitude like you display here.

Most likely you were chaptered out with either A Dishonorable Discharge or a General Discharge.

That you were kicked out for violating the DADT Policy would be my guess as the reason. :doubt:

4. And his views on religion are just as stink-co.
5. Because islam isn't really a religion, but thats another topic eh folks???:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The man whose service you mock and whose religion you just demeaned happens to be a combat veteran of Vietnam. I may not agree with a lot of what he says, but as a Vietnam vet, he's a brother of mine, I'm standing up for him, and you need to apologize.

1. You will have to take a number vet, because that isn't going to happen, ever!:mad:
2. Now stop making it so easy, this shit writes itself.:badgrin:
3. Now where was that *cluster fuck* I afore mentioned???:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back