*What Makes Serving In Military You More Deserving To Political Opinion?

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. So I am always hearing how some vets have some imagined upper ground on their political views, I call bullshit.
2. I appreciate you folks who have answered the call to serve in the military, but why do you think it gives you folks the right to bash other with your duty of serving, when I was of age, there was no wars to join in to fight anyway.
3. You served, thanks!
4. Now stfu about how you think you are better than us who didn't.
5. I myself have listened to a lot of you vets, and I can assure you most of you vets are stupid as a rock.
6. But some make good sense, and I give you props for that, but I get really anal with all this crap, and your sense of entitlement to some over measure of respect, when you don't deserve it based on what you write here.
7. So some of you bastards can simply blow it out your fucking asses.
8. Others who deserve respect, you shall get some, but not because you served, you will get my respect for what kind of logic you use, and how I feel about what I gather from you, not about you being a vet, *at all*.
9. So if you are a scruffy mofo here, and you happen to be a vet, you will feel my wrath, just like any other schmuck here.
10. Get used to it, there is no *vet card*, we all are under the same rules here.
11. No offense.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Okay, now its understood, lets keep it between the ditches then.
2. Carry on.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The so called RESPECT and admiration that this board professes for VETERANS is largely bullshit.

You must already know that, right?

This board is loaded with chickenhawks who are mostly trying to glom off the respect that we ought to give VETS.

I read some of the blather some people here (who identify themselves as veterans) and I have my doubts about their veracity.

My guess is about half the so called vets here aren't

Sorry bout that,

1. So I am always hearing how some vets have some imagined upper ground on their political views, I call bullshit.
2. I appreciate you folks who have answered the call to serve in the military, but why do you think it gives you folks the right to bash other with your duty of serving, when I was of age, there was no wars to join in to fight anyway.
3. You served, thanks!
5. I myself have listened to a lot of you vets, and I can assure you most of you vets are stupid as a rock.
6. But some make good sense, and I give you props for that, but I get really anal with all this crap, and your sense of entitlement to some over measure of respect, when you don't deserve it based on what you write here.
8. Others who deserve respect, you shall get some, but not because you served, you will get my respect for what kind of logic you use, and how I feel about what I gather from you, not about you being a vet, *at all*.
9. So if you are a scruffy mofo here, and you happen to be a vet, you will feel my wrath, just like any other schmuck here.
10. Get used to it, there is no *vet card*, we all are under the same rules here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Having served in the military provides for perspective. Having seen the elephant provides much greater perspective.

Lincoln and Roosevelt II never saw military service. Lincoln was elected the captain of his local militia, but it went no where and did nothing but try and lynch a random indian that wandered too close to their camp. Lincoln talked them out of it.

Roosevelt II served as secretary of the Navy in the Wilson Administration.

Some folks with very good service records left a lot to be desired in politics. George McGovern did 30+ bombing raids during WWII before being shot down. Him being president... I am so glad he lost. Bush 1 was another aviation hero till he was also shot down. Record as POTUS was not so good.

The so called RESPECT and admiration that this board professes for VETERANS is largely bullshit.

You must already know that, right?

This board is loaded with chickenhawks who are mostly trying to glom off the respect that we ought to give VETS.

I read some of the blather some people here (who identify themselves as veterans) and I have my doubts about their veracity.

My guess is about half the so called vets here aren't

Yeah, it always amazes me how many people on this board claim to have

a. seen action

and

b. own their own businesses.

Frankly, I think most of them are full of shit.

Many times I have been accused of lying when I tell people that I served, it's almost like they cannot imagine that someone with liberal views could ever have been in, there is a good reason for that. The people who did the best were those who were accepting of arbitrary authority figures, like conservatives, I never could so I got out and and got a real job.

Many times I have been accused of lying when I tell people that I served, it's almost like they cannot imagine that someone with liberal views could ever have been in, there is a good reason for that. The people who did the best were those who were accepting of arbitrary authority figures, like conservatives, I never could so I got out and and got a real job.
So in effect you're saying that defense of this nation and the Constitution isn't a real job?

Point of fact? Defending this Republic, it's freedoms granted under the Constitution is the job of every citizen. As it stands to date? There are too many too willing to destroy it.

~Go figure.

So in effect you're saying that defense of this nation and the Constitution isn't a real job?

Point of fact? Defending this Republic, it's freedoms granted under the Constitution is the job of every citizen. As it stands to date? There are too many too willing to destroy it.

~Go figure.

All I did in the Army was help Reagan/Bush spend money by doing repetitive, useless tasks. Damned right it was not a real job in that peacetime spendfest where we all knew any war we were likely to have would be over in minutes and none of us would survive.

With an attitude like you display here.

Most likely you were chaptered out with either a Dishonorable Discharge or a General Discharge.

That you were kicked out for violating the DADT Policy would be my guess as the reason. :doubt:

Last edited:
Just because there weren't any wars doesn't mean your military service is less. The possibility is always there.

I get so sick of people bashing the military and the police and firefighters. All these guys put their lives on the line. They aren't joining for the money. They are doing it out of a sense of duty. So naturally, what they think means more to me, because it means more to them. Being a veteran, I know what I'm talking about. I would never say, "So some of you bastards can simply blow it out your fucking asses." to people willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Sure, there are a few bad apples.

In fact, if this is your position towards people who served the nation, you just might be one of those "bad apples".

I think there should be a constitutional amendment forbidding draft dodging chickenhawks from campaigning for POTUS on a platform of unilateral foreign war. Not that our foreign wars aren't already unconstitutional but maybe it needs to be reemphasized before someone starts WWIII.

I don't believe my opinion should count for more than anyone else's, and I suspect most other vets don't either. When it comes to military issues though, we do have some experience to draw on.

I don't believe my opinion should count for more than anyone else's, and I suspect most other vets don't either. When it comes to military issues though, we do have some experience to draw on.

I nominate this man for most intelligent post of today.

As a Vet....go fuck yourself.

I know and did more than you, so I have an experienced opinion on national defense and foreign policy compared to a dunce like you. I also know things that you will never know with your Burger King job.

If I want advice on the way to make french fries, I'll ask you.

Oh, I'm working on my second Masters degree, so you're a mental midget compared to me.

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

As a Vet....go fuck yourself.

I know and did more than you, so I have an experienced opinion on national defense and foreign policy compared to a dunce like you. I also know things that you will never know with your Burger King job.

If I want advice on the way to make french fries, I'll ask you.

Oh, I'm working on my second Masters degree, so you're a mental midget compared to me.

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Nothing you've listed here implies any greater insight on politics. I would certainly defer to you in your field of expertise, or your knowledge of military and defense matters.

Not politics.

Forum List

Back