*What Makes Serving In Military You More Deserving To Political Opinion?

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Just because there weren't any wars doesn't mean your military service is less. The possibility is always there.

I get so sick of people bashing the military and the police and firefighters. All these guys put their lives on the line. They aren't joining for the money. They are doing it out of a sense of duty. So naturally, what they think means more to me, because it means more to them. Being a veteran, I know what I'm talking about. I would never say, "So some of you bastards can simply blow it out your fucking asses." to people willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Sure, there are a few bad apples.

In fact, if this is your position towards people who served the nation, you just might be one of those "bad apples".

1. Thats the point, the folks who served always listen more to others who served, even if that person has no ground to stand on in a debate on this site, one vet throws the *vet card* then all these other vets *high five* yeah thats right!!!:badgrin:
2. Then we get into the classic *cluster fuck* with all the vets coming out of the wood work to agree with the vet who threw down the *vet card*.:badgrin:
3. Its going to stop NOW, because I'm going to have to stop it!:mad:
4. That is all, now *dismissed*!:mad:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Listen to a fellow vet more then anyone else? Some may. Whether someone served doesn't have any bearing on the topic. I have given passes for some questionable things posted. Part of the gig I guess.

1. All vets listen to other vets, and come to their defense, even if they hate the other.:cuckoo: like some endangered species, one little twerp of distress, and *all* the other twerps come to its defense.:badgrin:
2. Look whats going on now in this thread, it writes itself.:badgrin:
3. Checkmate palsie.:badgrin:
4. And no, I will not apologize.:badgrin:
5. Beg me to apologize and I might?:badgrin:
6. I won't I'm just fucking with you.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. So I am always hearing how some vets have some imagined upper ground on their political views, I call bullshit.
2. I appreciate you folks who have answered the call to serve in the military, but why do you think it gives you folks the right to bash other with your duty of serving, when I was of age, there was no wars to join in to fight anyway.
3. You served, thanks!
4. Now stfu about how you think you are better than us who didn't.
5. I myself have listened to a lot of you vets, and I can assure you most of you vets are stupid as a rock.
6. But some make good sense, and I give you props for that, but I get really anal with all this crap, and your sense of entitlement to some over measure of respect, when you don't deserve it based on what you write here.
7. So some of you bastards can simply blow it out your fucking asses.
8. Others who deserve respect, you shall get some, but not because you served, you will get my respect for what kind of logic you use, and how I feel about what I gather from you, not about you being a vet, *at all*.
9. So if you are a scruffy mofo here, and you happen to be a vet, you will feel my wrath, just like any other schmuck here.
10. Get used to it, there is no *vet card*, we all are under the same rules here.
11. No offense.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It does not make them more Deserving of having an Opinion, but one can assume that their opinions Military related issues should hold more weight than someone who has never served.

Absolutely. Not just military, but police and firemen and anyone who has a job that puts their lives at risk to help others.

It's why I'm against those that want to disband the firefighters union and the police union. Unions are able to negotiate for safety, whether it's equipment or circumstances. Non union can't because they lost the ability to bargain.

In fact, even though I'm not a supporter of any of the Republicans, Ron Paul, served. Mitt didn't and he wants to bomb Iran. And Newt didn't, saying he had a wife and child. Ron Paul had a wife and TWO children, but served when called. You can't help but respect that.

Sorry bout that,

1. So I am always hearing how some vets have some imagined upper ground on their political views, I call bullshit.
2. I appreciate you folks who have answered the call to serve in the military, but why do you think it gives you folks the right to bash other with your duty of serving, when I was of age, there was no wars to join in to fight anyway.
3. You served, thanks!
5. I myself have listened to a lot of you vets, and I can assure you most of you vets are stupid as a rock.
6. But some make good sense, and I give you props for that, but I get really anal with all this crap, and your sense of entitlement to some over measure of respect, when you don't deserve it based on what you write here.
8. Others who deserve respect, you shall get some, but not because you served, you will get my respect for what kind of logic you use, and how I feel about what I gather from you, not about you being a vet, *at all*.
9. So if you are a scruffy mofo here, and you happen to be a vet, you will feel my wrath, just like any other schmuck here.
10. Get used to it, there is no *vet card*, we all are under the same rules here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's a lot of hate and disrespect all rolled into one post. I think it should be fairly obvious that one who has traveled the world and served our country has a unique perspective that no classroom can provide. Does that make them smarter regarding geo politics? Maybe, maybe not.
One thing it does deserve is more respect than what you have just displayed. Serving doesn't make you right but it does make you special imo.

The so called RESPECT and admiration that this board professes for VETERANS is largely bullshit.

You must already know that, right?

This board is loaded with chickenhawks who are mostly trying to glom off the respect that we ought to give VETS.

I read some of the blather some people here (who identify themselves as veterans) and I have my doubts about their veracity.

My guess is about half the so called vets here aren't

Yeah, it always amazes me how many people on this board claim to have

a. seen action

and

b. own their own businesses.

Frankly, I think most of them are full of shit.

I have not heard anyone in either of those categories that I don't believe. Not one. I've heard people exaggerate their situations but this is the internet after all.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. ^^^^^ One of the most guilty of dropping the *vet card*.
2. And look at his moniker, claims to be a muslim, that should make most real vets fuming mad!:mad::mad::mad:
3. Just amazing, and look at his rep points, another reason I disdain anything he has to say.
4. And his views on religion are just as stink-co.
5. Because islam isn't really a religion, but thats another topic eh folks???:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The man whose service you mock and whose religion you just demeaned happens to be a combat veteran of Vietnam. I may not agree with a lot of what he says, but as a Vietnam vet, he's a brother of mine, I'm standing up for him, and you need to apologize.

1. You will have to take a number vet, because that isn't going to happen, ever!:mad:
2. Now stop making it so easy, this shit writes itself.:badgrin:
3. Now where was that *cluster fuck* I afore mentioned???:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. I said you OWE Sunni an apology. I don't really expect you to GIVE one, though-you aren't man enough to do that, not even close!

2. The only thing "writing itself here", is the story of what a pathetic horse's arse you are. You've already made a fool of yourself though, so why stop now?

3. What did I tell you about commenting on wars you know nothing about? All you REALLY know about Vietnam is that you weren't there!

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It does not make them more Deserving of having an Opinion, but one can assume that their opinions Military related issues should hold more weight than someone who has never served.

Absolutely. Not just military, but police and firemen and anyone who has a job that puts their lives at risk to help others.

It's why I'm against those that want to disband the firefighters union and the police union. Unions are able to negotiate for safety, whether it's equipment or circumstances. Non union can't because they lost the ability to bargain.

In fact, even though I'm not a supporter of any of the Republicans, Ron Paul, served. Mitt didn't and he wants to bomb Iran. And Newt didn't, saying he had a wife and child. Ron Paul had a wife and TWO children, but served when called. You can't help but respect that.

1. More of *it writes itself*.
2. Military folks always want military folks to run things, they are programed to want that.
3. It can be a problem having too much military in government, thats how dictators are born ya know.
4. The problem with American politics in my opinion, a small state like Iowa gets to crown the next President, which I know its been like that for a long time and all, and I know that Ron Paul is ex-military, and if I say I can't stand him, because he is a kook, then I will have a *cluster fuck* of ex-military personnel attacking me for it, which is more, *it writes itself* material.
5. You military people are conditioned to attack who ever says something negative about another military man, who ever they are.
6. Its been noted,, but still its not right, and you are bigoted towards no military peoples.
7. And this is where I say again, *Blow it out your fucking asses.*
8. The military has a place, and politics has a place, lets keep it that way, and do all we can to keep them from mixing too much.
9. Because Mitt, and Newt are not ex-military, I think we as a whole, meaning the USA would be better served if one of these would be next President.
10. I am sure any ex-military would disagree, and would prefer Ron *Kook* Paul over any other.
11. Trust me, it writes itself folks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Thats the point, the folks who served always listen more to others who served, even if that person has no ground to stand on in a debate on this site, one vet throws the *vet card* then all these other vets *high five* yeah thats right!!!:badgrin:
2. Then we get into the classic *cluster fuck* with all the vets coming out of the wood work to agree with the vet who threw down the *vet card*.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Listen to a fellow vet more then anyone else? Some may. Whether someone served doesn't have any bearing on the topic. I have given passes for some questionable things posted. Part of the gig I guess.

1. All vets listen to other vets, and come to their defense, even if they hate the other.:cuckoo: like some endangered species, one little twerp of distress, and *all* the other twerps come to its defense.:badgrin:
2. Look whats going on now in this thread, it writes itself.:badgrin:
3. Checkmate palsie.:badgrin:
4. And no, I will not apologize.:badgrin:
5. Beg me to apologize and I might?:badgrin:
6. I won't I'm just fucking with you.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ignorance and arrogance-what a combination. See if you can get this through whatever serves you as a brain: I disagree with other vets here all the time (ask rdean-I rarely agree with anything he posts); but you attack their status as a veteran, or mock their service, or lie about them, and I will defend them, whether I agree with their position on a given issue, or not!

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Just because there weren't any wars doesn't mean your military service is less. The possibility is always there.

I get so sick of people bashing the military and the police and firefighters. All these guys put their lives on the line. They aren't joining for the money. They are doing it out of a sense of duty. So naturally, what they think means more to me, because it means more to them. Being a veteran, I know what I'm talking about. I would never say, "So some of you bastards can simply blow it out your fucking asses." to people willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Sure, there are a few bad apples.

In fact, if this is your position towards people who served the nation, you just might be one of those "bad apples".

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Listen to a fellow vet more then anyone else? Some may. Whether someone served doesnt have any bearing on the topic. I have given passes for some questionable things posted. Part of the gig I guess.

1. I know its apart of your training,..every vet does it.:eusa_hand:
2. It writes itself folks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

thats ok Slick, i think there should be a constitutional ammendment that only veterens can vote.

a person should HAVE to have put it on the line to get a say so in how the show works as far as I am concerned.

I think there should be a constitutional amendment forbidding draft dodging chickenhawks from campaigning for POTUS on a platform of unilateral foreign war. Not that our foreign wars aren't already unconstitutional but maybe it needs to be reemphasized before someone starts WWIII.

And you're going to do what about those people who are unable to serve for one reason or another? What, the handicapped are second-class citizens who should have no opportunity to participate as full citizens?

1. ^^^^^ Seems to get it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

You're a 'tard.

Not really sorry about that at all.

I've never made the claim you say I have. I have training and experience in a certain field, so my views in that field carry more weight than those of someone with no training and experience.

If someone wants to know about being an NCO in US Air Force civil engineering, I'm the guy to talk to.

If someone wants to know about being an incoherent retard on the internet, you're the guy to talk to.

1. More: *this shit writes itself* material.
2. Checkmate Dave.
3. Go back into your cave.
4. Dave.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

call your doctor and get your meds adlusted !

1. More: *It writes itself*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. I will give you that.
2. I will give you a pawn for that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Since you didn't ask.....

I note, that this set of observations come from someone who signs his posts "SirJamesofTexas". I think I'll let everyone else here decide for themselves what that says about the sort of perspective from which you condescend to lecture others about "arrogance".

You ought not be surprised that most veterans here are proud of their service; indeed, I feel sad for any veteran who is not. For all the sacrifices one makes in the course of military service to our country, wearing America's uniform is something most of us regard as an honor and a privilege. Whether we served a single enlistment, or a career, in peacetime or on the battlefield, honorable service has instilled in us a pride which no one can take away.

We ARE NOT better than you; we ARE different from you. Just as those who choose to serve their communities as police officers, firefighters, or paramedics have a different perspective from the citizens they serve and protect, so do those who have served in the Armed Forces. We know something about devotion to something larger and more important than ourselves; we know something about putting ourselves on the line to protect the lives, the safety, and the freedom of others. We are, perhaps, a bit more likely to appreciate those things I just mentioned, because we have seen the price of them, measured sometimes in the lives of our friends, fellow professionals, and brother-in-arms. We also tend to remember those currently paying that price; those who now protect us too, long after our own service is done.

As for politics, I have noticed that most of those who throw out epithets like "chickenhawk" are NOT vets. I can tell you myself that when I served, I rarely knew, and did not care, whether the soldier beside me was liberal or conservative, republican or democrat. The ONLY thing I cared about was whether I could rely on that individual, when the excrement hit the fan. Those of us who have experienced combat know that enemy fire, mines and booby traps are no respecters of political affiliation.

Speaking of combat, it is something all of us who have experienced it have learned to hate; a dirty, nasty, brutal, dehumanizing thing which none of us would ever care to repeat, except under grim necessity. The only people who are unafraid under fire are the insane, the foolish, and those who have never been there; anyone else, is terrified. I have yet to meet a combat soldier who thought he was a hero; the sweating and shaking with fear that goes with battle doesn't make any man feel like a hero; it humbles him. That said, when some armchair commando starts telling us how to feel, or what to think, about war, or the particular conflict we served in, without having had the experience, he/she is likely to get a piece of our opinion on the subject; after all, WE were there, and YOU were not.

As for who you think is stupid, who you think is "dumb as a rock", and whose opinions you don't value (because you disagree with them?), you have a right to voice your opinion. You can throw any insult you want-but if I think those insults are unwarranted, and especially if you attack the service of one of my brothers and sisters in arms here, I promise you I will dish it right back. We "had each other's back" when we were serving, and we still do. I don't care whether you like that or not; that is NOT subject to change, and you and anyone else who doesn't understand that will just have to deal with it.

1. I am not attacking the military, and as far as I can tell, your experiences in the military are not what this topic is about.
2. I think and have an opinion that way too often the *vet card* gets thrown down far too often, and then we see the classic, *cluster fuck* just like we are seeing now, even Grandma has come to the charge now, more likely her husband was military, or her son, who knows, but she has heard the twerp of distress, and is here to say how wrong I am.
3. This shit writes itself folks.
4. Oh and as a requirement *By Law* you have to be either in the military or ex-military to say or use the word, *chickenhawk*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's a lot of hate and disrespect all rolled into one post. I think it should be fairly obvious that one who has traveled the world and served our country has a unique perspective that no classroom can provide. Does that make them smarter regarding geo politics? Maybe, maybe not.
One thing it does deserve is more respect than what you have just displayed. Serving doesn't make you right but it does make you special imo.

1. ^^^^ More *shit writes itself*
2. Is it okay to throw out the *vet card* to win a debate or get other military to defend your position, or not Grandma?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. More of *it writes itself*.
2. Military folks always want military folks to run things, they are programed to want that.
3. It can be a problem having too much military in government, thats how dictators are born ya know.
4. The problem with American politics in my opinion, a small state like Iowa gets to crown the next President, which I know its been like that for a long time and all, and I know that Ron Paul is ex-military, and if I say I can't stand him, because he is a kook, then I will have a *cluster fuck* of ex-military personnel attacking me for it, which is more, *it writes itself* material.
5. You military people are conditioned to attack who ever says something negative about another military man, who ever they are.
6. Its been noted,, but still its not right, and you are bigoted towards no military peoples.
7. And this is where I say again, *Blow it out your fucking asses.*
8. The military has a place, and politics has a place, lets keep it that way, and do all we can to keep them from mixing too much.
9. Because Mitt, and Newt are not ex-military, I think we as a whole, meaning the USA would be better served if one of these would be next President.
10. I am sure any ex-military would disagree, and would prefer Ron *Kook* Paul over any other.
11. Trust me, it writes itself folks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You are so full of resentment toward those who protect your liberty, that it is borderline unbelievable. One reason we have NEVER had a military coup in this nation is because EVERY service member's first allegiance is to the constitution of the United States. If anyone ever tried something like that, they would have to go through ALL of us, past and present, to do so. Do you even understand what is in the oath we take? What we swear to support and defend, against ALL enemies, is NOT the land, NOT the government, NOT any politician or general, NOT even the American people, but THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES! THAT is what we do, and what we have done. THAT is the bedrock of what we believe in, above all else.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. ^^^^ More *shit writes itself*
2. Is it okay to throw out the *vet card* to win a debate or get other military to defend your position, or not Grandma?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I don't use the vet card faggot. I use the respect card. A fucking mole on a retards ass has more potential than you.

Sir dickhead of usmb.

Sorry bout that,

1. Stop throwing down the *vet card*.
2. Debate on the merits of the postions of your mind.
3. Leave the distress signals to actual military conflicts.
4. That is all, dismissed!
5. And goodnight, I will close this debate for tonight, for I shall retire to sleep.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

3. You served, thanks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Since you didn't ask.....

I note, that this set of observations come from someone who signs his posts "SirJamesofTexas". I think I'll let everyone else here decide for themselves what that says about the sort of perspective from which you condescend to lecture others about "arrogance".

You ought not be surprised that most veterans here are proud of their service; indeed, I feel sad for any veteran who is not. For all the sacrifices one makes in the course of military service to our country, wearing America's uniform is something most of us regard as an honor and a privilege. Whether we served a single enlistment, or a career, in peacetime or on the battlefield, honorable service has instilled in us a pride which no one can take away.

We ARE NOT better than you; we ARE different from you. Just as those who choose to serve their communities as police officers, firefighters, or paramedics have a different perspective from the citizens they serve and protect, so do those who have served in the Armed Forces. We know something about devotion to something larger and more important than ourselves; we know something about putting ourselves on the line to protect the lives, the safety, and the freedom of others. We are, perhaps, a bit more likely to appreciate those things I just mentioned, because we have seen the price of them, measured sometimes in the lives of our friends, fellow professionals, and brother-in-arms. We also tend to remember those currently paying that price; those who now protect us too, long after our own service is done.

As for politics, I have noticed that most of those who throw out epithets like "chickenhawk" are NOT vets. I can tell you myself that when I served, I rarely knew, and did not care, whether the soldier beside me was liberal or conservative, republican or democrat. The ONLY thing I cared about was whether I could rely on that individual, when the excrement hit the fan. Those of us who have experienced combat know that enemy fire, mines and booby traps are no respecters of political affiliation.

Speaking of combat, it is something all of us who have experienced it have learned to hate; a dirty, nasty, brutal, dehumanizing thing which none of us would ever care to repeat, except under grim necessity. The only people who are unafraid under fire are the insane, the foolish, and those who have never been there; anyone else, is terrified. I have yet to meet a combat soldier who thought he was a hero; the sweating and shaking with fear that goes with battle doesn't make any man feel like a hero; it humbles him. That said, when some armchair commando starts telling us how to feel, or what to think, about war, or the particular conflict we served in, without having had the experience, he/she is likely to get a piece of our opinion on the subject; after all, WE were there, and YOU were not.

As for who you think is stupid, who you think is "dumb as a rock", and whose opinions you don't value (because you disagree with them?), you have a right to voice your opinion. You can throw any insult you want-but if I think those insults are unwarranted, and especially if you attack the service of one of my brothers and sisters in arms here, I promise you I will dish it right back. We "had each other's back" when we were serving, and we still do. I don't care whether you like that or not; that is NOT subject to change, and you and anyone else who doesn't understand that will just have to deal with it.

You know those people who made your gear? You should remember to thank them for their service too. You should have the back of any Citizen of this great nation, we are all your brothers and sisters.

Forum List

Back