What Makes Indiana's Religious-Freedom Law Different? Mostly TWO Provisions!

The cake is a lie. If you love someone, good for you. If you love your cat, great. Nobody here in America is going to threaten you or hurt you. But if we don't want to sell you wedding flowers or a cake or do wedding photos, man up. Go somewhere else...hint hint. AND, remarkably, here is a business opportunity. Businesses that cater to gays. Put up and shut up. Enough of the homosexual whining. Those that can. DO, those that can't just bitch. And protest...

Interestingly, this is exactly the same argument made about blacks (those damned uppity "Ns"). 'They have their own water cooler, they don't need to drink from ours'. Sadly, bigots can't see themselves being bigots. But everyone else does. Does that make you happy?

What part of "this law does not discriminate" do you not understand?

It most certainly does. Sorry, you are wrong.

How? Show it to me in the law itself. Not from a blog or a media report, but the law.

All you have to do is look back at the Jim Crow south to see where this and any law like it is leading us. Do I need to draw you a picture?

No. You need to show it to me in the law. If you haven't read the law, then you don't know what you are talking about. You're just spouting other people's opinions. Point out the wording in the law and explain to me what the problem is.

If you have a close family member or friend who is LGBT - do you patronize businesses that don't serve them? I don't.

Like I said elsewhere, neither do I. That's my right. In fact, I consider it an obligation to act on my morals and values. Should the business owner have the same right? Or should neither of us have it?

In a medical emergency - should a doctor refuse to treat you because you're a flaming bigot? Or, should s/he go ahead and treat you - but just do a sloppy job? If you were in a car wreck on a remote highway and needing immediate help, and a busload of "queers" came alone - would you want their help?

Try reading my response again. I don't think you got it right.

Lakhota, just to clarify - I agree with you and would also refuse to patronize businesses that discriminate against my LGBT friends. In addition I'd organize boycotts and publicly admonish those businesses. That's my right. My concern is that the principles imposed by anti-discrimination laws actually undermine that right, telling us that we can't make such a statement of principle in a business setting unless the principle in question is approved of by the state. I think that's a dangerous precedent and I think it will come back to haunt us.

Lakhota, just to clarify - I agree with you and would also refuse to patronize businesses that discriminate against my LGBT friends. In addition I'd organize boycotts and publicly admonish those businesses. That's my right. My concern is that the principles imposed by anti-discrimination laws actually undermine that right, telling us that we can't make such a statement of principle in a business setting unless the principle in question is approved of by the state. I think that's a dangerous precedent and I think it will come back to haunt us.

Any more dangerous than telling businesses that they cannot discriminate based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion or age?

The cake is a lie. If you love someone, good for you. If you love your cat, great. Nobody here in America is going to threaten you or hurt you. But if we don't want to sell you wedding flowers or a cake or do wedding photos, man up. Go somewhere else...hint hint. AND, remarkably, here is a business opportunity. Businesses that cater to gays. Put up and shut up. Enough of the homosexual whining. Those that can. DO, those that can't just bitch. And protest...

Interestingly, this is exactly the same argument made about blacks (those damned uppity "Ns"). 'They have their own water cooler, they don't need to drink from ours'. Sadly, bigots can't see themselves being bigots. But everyone else does. Does that make you happy?

How? Show it to me in the law itself. Not from a blog or a media report, but the law.

All you have to do is look back at the Jim Crow south to see where this and any law like it is leading us. Do I need to draw you a picture?
No need for pictures. We can easily see that you are trying very hard (fruitlessly) to equate the NON-civil rights issue of gays, with the real civil rights issues of Blacks, which existed over 50 years ago.

No need for pictures. We can easily see that you are trying very hard (fruitlessly) to equate the NON-civil rights issue of gays, with the real civil rights issues of Blacks, which existed over 50 years ago.

When gays are beaten, murdered, refused accommodations, and treated like second class citizens by religious folk and businesses alike, how is that NOT a civil rights issue? If you believe that this country has achieved the goal of equality/civil rights, you've been asleep at the wheel.

"The statute shows every sign of having been carefully designed to put new obstacles in the path of equality; and it has been publicly sold with deceptive claims that it is “nothing new.”"

Lies, not 'deceptive claims,' just more lies from the right.

When gays are beaten, murdered, refused accommodations, and treated like second class citizens by religious folk and businesses alike, how is that NOT a civil rights issue? If you believe that this country has achieved the goal of equality/civil rights, you've been asleep at the wheel.
When Affirmative Action is banned in all 50 states (presently banned in only 8), then we will have equality civil rights. Until then, White people will continue to be discriminated against, as they have been for 51 years. NO other group really has much of any civil rights problem.
As for gays, they should be discriminated against for jobs in teaching, counseling, coaching, politics, clergy, and any job involving decision making for the public and being around children. The primary objective is PROTECTION of the public, not support for sex perversion.

Last edited:
"The statute shows every sign of having been carefully designed to put new obstacles in the path of equality; and it has been publicly sold with deceptive claims that it is “nothing new.”"

Lies, not 'deceptive claims,' just more lies from the right.
I'm not lying. See Post # 173.

When Affirmative Action is banned in all 50 states (presently banned in only 8), then we will have equality civil rights. Until then, White people will continue to be discriminated against, as they have been for 51 years. NO other group really has much of any civil rights problem.
As for gays they should be discriminated against for jobs in teaching, counseling, coaching, politics, clergy, and any job involving decision making for the public and being around children. The primary objective is PROTECTION of the public, not support for sex perversion.
The primary objection in America regarding the issue's relating to LGBT's are protections against backwards thinking unhappy scared cretins like yourself.

As for gays they should be discriminated against for jobs in teaching, counseling, coaching, politics, clergy, and any job involving decision making for the public and being around children. The primary objective is PROTECTION of the public, not support for sex perversion.
The primary objection in America regarding the issue's relating to LGBT's are protections against backwards thinking unhappy scared cretins like yourself.
Nothing backwards thinking about protecting Americans from sex perverts and their ludicrous attempts to gain acceptance. The perverts are every bit as perverted now as they were 50 or 100 years ago. They are every bit as unable to reproduce, and thus see the need to proselytize youngsters. And you can throw as many negative words around as you like ("unhappy", "scared" - is that all you can think of ?) - it doesn't change a thing. Neither does the laughable attempt to portray normal people, Christians, and protectionists as cretins. These are all age-old tactics of the queer lobby, which America just laughs at. :lame2: Ho hum.

Nothing backwards thinking about protecting Americans from sex perverts and their ludicrous attempts to gain acceptance. The perverts are every bit as perverted now as they were 50 or 100 years ago. They are every bit as unable to reproduce, and thus see the need to proselytize youngsters. And you can throw as many negative words around as you like ("unhappy", "scared" - is that all you can think of ?) - it doesn't change a thing. Neither does the laughable attempt to portray normal people, Christians, and protectionists as cretins. These are all age-old tactics of the queer lobby, which America just laughs at. :lame2: Ho hum.
I was not portraying normal people as cretins. The reference was made specifically to and about you. I do not consider you a normal person or a typical Christian.

CBlx5qlWYAAKwKJ.png

As for gays, they should be discriminated against for jobs in teaching, counseling, coaching, politics, clergy, and any job involving decision making for the public and being around children. The primary objective is PROTECTION of the public, not support for sex perversion.

^^^^^^
Feel the hate, people.

Forum List

Back