What make Newt believe blacks are "Satisfied" with Food Stamps?

Well, obviously their experience has taught them that no matter HOW HARD they try to better their situation, they cannot achieve anything better than food stamps.

I just LOVE how everyone ASSUMES it's a matter of a CHOICE to not be poor, without really taking any time to find out WHY.

Ask yourself this question, would YOU work an additional 20 hours a week if it didn't make your existence marginally better?

If you think welfare is expensive, try civilization WITHOUT it.

omg...so living on welfare is LIVING any better..?? tell us this. Do You live on welfare?
As for your stupid question...you damn right I would rather work two jobs then live on welfare...used to call that PRIDE.

Last edited:
Gingrich is only answering the call....he says poor blacks (and whites) need PAYCHECKS....not handouts....

No. He quite plainly said the "African American community" settles for food stamps. He made no mention of whites on food stamps.

At all.

This is my opinion only. But, people weather black,white, yellow, brown are on food stamps for years and years. They must be satisfied with them or they would try to change it. Work 2 or 3 jobs or whatever it takes to get off of them. I know some people who have been on them their whole adult life ( My sister being one of them) and to them that is part of their income so they do not even try to better themselves to get off of them. People on the left feel they are entitled to this just for breathing. Sorry your not entitled to it. You should work for it. I believe that food stamps or welfare should be a stepping stool not a way of life.

you ignore that he singled out black people. Why?

Pls correct me if i am wrong....but don't a higher percentage of blacks get food stamps than a percentage of whites.....?

Also the black community is always crying out for more help....Gingrich is only answering the call....he says poor blacks (and whites) need PAYCHECKS....not handouts....

"I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Gingrich said.

The former House speaker has made a habit of calling President Obama the "food stamp president" -- a nickname he used on Thursday as well -- and has often painted the contrast between himself and Mr. Obama as a choice between paychecks and food stamps.

"The fact is, if I become your nominee we will make the key test very simple: Food stamps versus paychecks," Gingrich said. "Obama is the best food stamp president in American history. More people are on food stamps today because of Obama's policies than ever in history. I would like to be the best paycheck president in American history."

The use of food stamps in America has continued to climb in recent years, and hit an all-time high of nearly 45 million in 2011.

You're a terrible actor, even you dont believe that bull...there are a lot of people on food stamps to single blacks out is "southern strategy-esque". Couple that with calling Obama the "Food Stamp" president is over the top. Pretending otherwise makes you look..well...

This is my opinion only. But, people weather black,white, yellow, brown are on food stamps for years and years. They must be satisfied with them or they would try to change it. Work 2 or 3 jobs or whatever it takes to get off of them. I know some people who have been on them their whole adult life ( My sister being one of them) and to them that is part of their income so they do not even try to better themselves to get off of them. People on the left feel they are entitled to this just for breathing. Sorry your not entitled to it. You should work for it. I believe that food stamps or welfare should be a stepping stool not a way of life.

Pls correct me if i am wrong....but don't a higher percentage of blacks get food stamps than a percentage of whites.....?

Also the black community is always crying out for more help....Gingrich is only answering the call....he says poor blacks (and whites) need PAYCHECKS....not food stamps....

"I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Gingrich said.

The former House speaker has made a habit of calling President Obama the "food stamp president" -- a nickname he used on Thursday as well -- and has often painted the contrast between himself and Mr. Obama as a choice between paychecks and food stamps.

"The fact is, if I become your nominee we will make the key test very simple: Food stamps versus paychecks," Gingrich said. "Obama is the best food stamp president in American history. More people are on food stamps today because of Obama's policies than ever in history. I would like to be the best paycheck president in American history."

The use of food stamps in America has continued to climb in recent years, and hit an all-time high of nearly 45 million in 2011.

Despite the stereotype there are more whites on food stamps than Blacks.

Who gets welfare? Despite prevailing stereotype, whites, not blacks, collect greatest share of public aid dollars | Ebony | Find Articles

See, Newt felt a special trip was necessary just to the black community. He did not say if he was invited to the nominating convention, or to any place where people of all colors would be present. He specifically singled out the black community as needing a special visit to tell them to stop settling for food stamps.

I'd be happy to just go on down there and tell the negroes to stop being lazy and get to work.

Last edited:
Gingrich is only answering the call....he says poor blacks (and whites) need PAYCHECKS....not handouts....

No. He quite plainly said the "African American community" settles for food stamps. He made no mention of whites on food stamps.

At all.

well many of them do......don't they....? else why is there such a higher % of blacks on food stamps....?

Gingrich is for creating PAYCHECKS for all races....NOT foodstamps like BO does....

At all.

well many of them do......don't they....? else why is there such a higher % of blacks on food stamps....?

Gingrich is for creating PAYCHECKS for all races....NOT foodstamps like BO does....

Obama is creating food stamps for all the poor people Bush created.

Aint' this fun?

See, Newt felt a special trip was necessary just to the black community. He did not say if he was invited to the nominating convention, or to any place where people of all colors would be present. He specifically singled out the black community as needing a special visit to tell them to stop settling for food stamps.

I'd be happy to just go on down there and tell the negroes to stop being lazy and get to work.

That may be right... and I am in no way supporting Newt's comment - which I view as seriously stupid... however, before I hang him, I'd like to understand the overall context of his comment. Was it, for instance, in response to a specific question and if so, what was the question. Was it part of a speech - if so, what was the core message of the speech.

Generally though, I kind of lean towards saying I absolutely support providing whatever help is required to get blacks... and whites... and hispanics... in fact, everyone off food stamps and into collecting a pay check.

That may be just me though.

That may be right... and I am in no way supporting Newt's comment - which I view as seriously stupid... however, before I hang him, I'd like to understand the overall context of his comment. Was it, for instance, in response to a specific question and if so, what was the question. Was it part of a speech - if so, what was the core message of the speech.

Generally though, I kind of lean towards saying I absolutely support providing whatever help is required to get blacks... and whites... and hispanics... in fact, everyone off food stamps and into collecting a pay check.

Ahh, the old "context" dodge :doubt:

Also the black community is always crying out for more help....Gingrich is only answering the call....he says poor blacks (and whites) need PAYCHECKS....not food stamps....

Who gets welfare? Despite prevailing stereotype, whites, not blacks, collect greatest share of public aid dollars | Ebony | Find Articles

That still does not really answer the question....there are way more white people than black people so of course totally more whites would get more food stamps than blacks.....and that is not a fair comparison.....

we need to know what percent of blacks get food stamps versus what percent of whites get food stamps....

Ahh, the old "context" dodge :doubt:

Better than starting a thread just to stir up shit.
most people Understood what Gingrich was saying...black white red yellow it would be preferable if all were PRODUCTIVE citizens of this country and NOT just subsisting on welfare..but seems to be a foreign concept to you bleeding hearts who can crow about how you all CARE more FOR the poor no matter the piss poor conditions they live in on WELFARE.

Last edited:

That still does not really answer the question....there are way more white people than black people so of course totally more whites would get more food stamps than blacks.....and that is not a fair comparison.....

we need to know what percent of blacks get food stamps versus what percent of whites get food stamps....

Have you ever heard someone say whites were on welfare because they lack motivation? Why do you think that is?

Have you ever heard someone say whites were on welfare because they lack motivation? Why do you think that is?

yes many times especially during welfare reform in the 90s......especially about unmarried girls who pop out the babies to get another raise from Uncle Sam....no motivation to actually get a job....

Because they vote for the food stamp party.

I appreciate it though if my income falls to 50k I get to draw welfare.

ISNT AMERICA GREAT!!!

They vote dem because you typically wont vote for someone that spits in your face (politically). Newt, or you, cant believe that by essentially calling blacks lazy that they will gravitate toward you. Do you?

Because they vote for the food stamp party.

I appreciate it though if my income falls to 50k I get to draw welfare.

ISNT AMERICA GREAT!!!

They vote dem because you typically wont vote for someone that spits in your face (politically). Newt, or you, cant believe that by essentially calling blacks lazy that they will gravitate toward you. Do you?

Your rant isnt even in the scheme of things.

We have seen time and again blacks support criminals in elections.

Thus they are naturally drawn to democrats.

yes many times especially during welfare reform in the 90s......especially about unmarried girls who pop out the babies to get another raise from Uncle Sam....no motivation to actually get a job....

20 years ago? I doubt it..Not saying one or two people have never said it but it's definitely not the norm

Forum List

Back