What make Newt believe blacks are "Satisfied" with Food Stamps?

Because they vote for the food stamp party.

I appreciate it though if my income falls to 50k I get to draw welfare.

ISNT AMERICA GREAT!!!

They vote dem because you typically wont vote for someone that spits in your face (politically). Newt, or you, cant believe that by essentially calling blacks lazy that they will gravitate toward you. Do you?

Your rant isnt even in the scheme of things.

We have seen time and again blacks support criminals in elections.

Thus they are naturally drawn to democrats.

You just changed the subject :doubt:

They vote dem because you typically wont vote for someone that spits in your face (politically). Newt, or you, cant believe that by essentially calling blacks lazy that they will gravitate toward you. Do you?

How so as I have added to the reasons.

Did you forget you are full of shit..............

That may be right... and I am in no way supporting Newt's comment - which I view as seriously stupid... however, before I hang him, I'd like to understand the overall context of his comment. Was it, for instance, in response to a specific question and if so, what was the question. Was it part of a speech - if so, what was the core message of the speech.

Generally though, I kind of lean towards saying I absolutely support providing whatever help is required to get blacks... and whites... and hispanics... in fact, everyone off food stamps and into collecting a pay check.

That may be just me though.

Ahh, the old "context" dodge :doubt:

Better than starting a thread just to stir up shit.
most people Understood what Gingrich was saying

Yes, most people do understand what he was saying, hence the thread question.

...black white red yellow it would be preferable if all were PRODUCTIVE citizens of this country and NOT just subsisting on welfare

That is NOT what he said, now if you want to BELIEVE that he meant ALL races when he said "the NAACP" then you arent being honest with yourself

..but seems to be a foreign concept to you bleeding hearts who can crow about how you all CARE more FOR the poor no matter the piss poor conditions they live in on WELFARE.

I agree that people who are on Welfare dont live in the best conditions unfortunatly for you that has nothing to do with what Newt said.

How so as I have added to the reasons.

Did you forget you are full of shit..............

Added to the reasons of what? I said blacks dont vote repub in large numbers because they feel mistreated and talked down too. Your retort was to say "Blacks support criminals in elections". What does that have to do with my point of why blacks dont overwhelming support Repubs?

Most people on food stamps are White.

But there is a GREATER PERCENTAGE of blacks on food stamps compared to a corresponding percentage of whites....in other words..... the black community has a disproportionately larger group on food stamps than the white community...

somebody else on the net already figured out the numbers....
As of June 2011 there were 45,183,931 people on food stamps. Of that 35% are white or 15,814,375 white people. 22% are African American, or 9,940,264 black people. Given that there are roughly 220,000,000 white people and roughly 40,000,000 African Americans in America, that comes out to just over 7% of white people are on food stamps, and just under 25% of African Americans are on food stamps. I hope this answers the question for everyone. The main story here is that far too many Americans, of all races, are on the government (taxpayer) dime.
How many black people are on food stamp compared to white people? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited:
This is my opinion only. But, people weather black,white, yellow, brown are on food stamps for years and years. They must be satisfied with them or they would try to change it. Work 2 or 3 jobs or whatever it takes to get off of them. I know some people who have been on them their whole adult life ( My sister being one of them) and to them that is part of their income so they do not even try to better themselves to get off of them. People on the left feel they are entitled to this just for breathing. Sorry your not entitled to it. You should work for it. I believe that food stamps or welfare should be a stepping stool not a way of life.

I don't like the idea of people being on food stamps or any other type of welfare for life either, especially if there aren't any children involved. I think there should be a time limit on food stamps, section 8 etc. but the situation becomes very sticky when kids are involved. There is no law in the land, nor will there ever be, which limits how many kids anyone is allowed to have. Period.

The parents who have kids in order to collect welfare (and these cases are not nearly as rampant as conservatives suggest) are abusing the system for sure.

But if we put time limits on welfare programs, it will ultimately be the kids who suffer. How do we administer welfare directly to kids without allowing the parents to see a dime of it once the time limit on their welfare has expired? We can take away kids when the parents are abusive but so far, poverty is not classified as abuse. Do we start taking kids out of their homes just because a working, single mother is doing the best she can but just can't quite make ends meet?

This is my opinion only. But, people weather black,white, yellow, brown are on food stamps for years and years. They must be satisfied with them or they would try to change it. Work 2 or 3 jobs or whatever it takes to get off of them. I know some people who have been on them their whole adult life ( My sister being one of them) and to them that is part of their income so they do not even try to better themselves to get off of them. People on the left feel they are entitled to this just for breathing. Sorry your not entitled to it. You should work for it. I believe that food stamps or welfare should be a stepping stool not a way of life.

I don't like the idea of people being on food stamps or any other type of welfare for life either, especially if there aren't any children involved. I think there should be a time limit on food stamps, section 8 etc. but the situation becomes very sticky when kids are involved. There is no law in the land, nor will there ever be, which limits how many kids anyone is allowed to have. Period.

The parents who have kids in order to collect welfare (and these cases are not nearly as rampant as conservatives suggest) are abusing the system for sure.

But if we put time limits on welfare programs, it will ultimately be the kids who suffer. How do we administer welfare directly to kids without allowing the parents to see a dime of it once the time limit on their welfare has expired? We can take away kids when the parents are abusive but so far, poverty is not classified as abuse. Do we start taking kids out of their homes just because a working, single mother is doing the best she can but just can't quite make ends meet?

like Newt Gingrich says we can prevent most poverty by teaching children 3 things....

1. work is good
2. graduate from high school
3. get married before having children

like Newt Gingrich says we can prevent most poverty by teaching children 3 things....

1. work is good

That's great Newt. Maybe we should have started doing that.... what... 5 generations ago? And while doing so, end ALL spousal abuse, child abuse, drug abuse and outlaw divorce and death?

In the meantime, let's make sure to cut education budgets first during our economic downturns.

1. work is good

Newt should have mentioned that to Sarah.

Forum List

Back