What is you personal attitude to gay marriage?

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
The issue is extremely interesting to me. Please answer the following questions:
1.Are you against gay marriage?
2.Are you gay/straight/bisexual?
3.What country or state do you live in?
Let's see the result of such inquiry.
gay-marriage-cartoon-weyant-495x375.jpg

The issue is extremely interesting to me. Please answer the following questions:
My personal opinion is that marriage is a religious rite, and government should have no part in it.

I am for civil contracts between any consenting adults that want them, sanctioned by the government.

Marriage should only be conducted by religious authorities under the terms and conditions they set forth.

Conservative as I am, I have no problem with same-sex marriage. Do I like seeing it? No. However I do respect that when two people are committed to each other they should be able, for example, to visit each other in the hospital, handle emergencies and bereavements like any heterosexual married couple.

If they want to have a go at procreating, have at it. Just the two of you.

I'm resident in The (formerly) United States and straight at an age where it wouldn't matter if I weren't.

My personal opinion is that marriage is a religious rite, and government should have no part in it.

I am for civil contracts between any consenting adults that want them, sanctioned by the government.

Marriage should only be conducted by religious authorities under the terms and conditions they set forth.
I agree.
Civil contracts would afford "same-sex" couples the same civil protections and grant them the same benefits. But understand, their demand that their unions be recognized as "marriage" has nothing to do with civil law and everything to do with forcing everyone else to accept their unions on an equal basis with long-standing social (and more importantly, religious) mores.

I live in Maryland, senior citizen, white, married

I think two consenting adults, whatever their sexual preferences, should be allowed to marry and share all of the personal and legal benefits that result.

Marriage is a religious rite, civilly we should all have unions.

Removing the stigma of gay relationships is normally the death of a society, so we are due.

I personally think it weakens the family and which causes our children to grow up poorer. I don't think it is worth screwing another man for the damage it does on society.
Raising children is an entirely different aspect of this "same-sex" controversy. Personally, what you do in your own bedroom, and who you do it with is your business. Forcing your "preferences" on others, and on otherwise innocent children...well, that's different. Forcing your preferences on other peoples' children is beyond the pale.

As to children.....

I am acquainted with some same-sex couples with whom I would have trusted my own children were I to suddenly perish.

I also am acquainted with some same-sex couples who I'd prefer not be allowed within 100 yards of a child.

These two "conditions" also apply to a number of "conventional" couples I have known and in about equal proportion.

People should be allowed to accept or reject anything that affects them personally. No artist should be compelled to create anything, ever, under any circumstances.

I am against gay marriage. I would be a bit sad if my child was homosexual, but only from the "this might make their life more difficult" standpoint. Would be the same if they were short, or left handed, or something. I mean, it isn't bad, and it can't be helped. But it can be inconvenient.

My opinion is...gays need marriage like a fish needs a bicycle. It's all rhetoric. Our parents weren't gay, no need for artifice. The rest is bullshit. Really.

Against
Straight
Georgia

Also here is no such thing as "gay marriage" there is marriage which is man and woman and then there is sexual degeneracy which is homosexuality.

1. Do what thou Will...
2. 66.6% Pansexual
33.3% Asexual
3. Southwest USA

Last edited:
I could care less. It does no harm to anyone.

I dont care. I say if a church is willing to do it...go for it. Not my business.

1. No.
2. Just 'sexual' (bi if you need the label)
3. USA, Missouri

I'm against it. It forces insurance companies to cover spouses when gays do much better financially than heteros because most male female marriages lead to the most expensive thing(s) you ever have. Same for tax benefits, etc. I see no rational reason to deny three or more people to marry if we are going to have legal homosexual marriages so I want the government to get out of the marriage business altogether.

Draw up a contract and marry your dog if you want.

Forum List

Back