Does tyranny change your life

• Yes, I am concerned about our modern day complicated world

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, I am set with all the Orville Redenbacher popcorn I can handle

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is tyranny to you?

The enforcement of any law or regulation upon adults engaged in consensual activity. If you haven't done anything to infringe on the rights of another, if you haven't taken what doesn't belong to you...you should not be subject to any government intervention. None, zero, zip.

Infringement is a relative concept.

Not at all, not for adults. You're either engaged in activity that is consensual or you're not.

What is tyranny to you?

The enforcement of any law or regulation upon adults engaged in consensual activity. If you haven't done anything to infringe on the rights of another, if you haven't taken what doesn't belong to you...you should not be subject to any government intervention. None, zero, zip.

Not at all, not for adults. You're either engaged in activity that is consensual or you're not.

Adults NEVER lose their innocence. :D

What is tyranny to you?

Is it a skateboarder hording the sidewalk in front of you?

Is it getting the incorrect change at the drive-thru?

Is it a policeman threatening to take you to jail for not signing a ticket or giving him or her a dirty look?

Is it within yourself when reactions surface?

We have no one to blame but ourselves. I believe most tyranny is inside of us and manifests in the morning or afternoon when work begins to grind to a halt.
Nixon is the last example that I can think of regarding national Federal tyranny. Fortunately he was disposed of in due time.

Short of that, police tyranny is about the only type of tyranny that anyone experiences. With less and less police these days everywhere, due to the austere budget cuts of cities and counties in the latter stages of The Great Recession which we still seem to be in but slowly recovering from anemically, there is less daily interaction with police these days, unless you attend a protest or a riot.

Tyranny does not concern me at the moment.

I suspect that either Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, one or the other, will be able to reign-in Hillary as President after she takes office.

What is tyranny to you?

Unless of course you are being deceived or manipulated.

What is tyranny to you?

Unless of course you are being deceived or manipulated.

Nope, not consensual.

The right is getting ready to vote for tyranny.

No, I don't mean Trump. He has said he doesn't plan to actually serve and will instead, be out 'making America great again' - code for lining his pockets with tax payer money.

The real danger of a Trump presidency is the rabid fundie right wing, anti-America, anti-US Constitution anti-freedom choice for veep, and Duh Donuld's complete absence of core beliefs and/or core policy. Add that to the GOP/Repub's/RWNJs true hatred for certain segments of society and their desire and plan to take freedoms and rights away from those people.

Trump cares about stroking his ego and fleecing people. Pence cares only about getting sharia law enacted in the US. RWNJs want to harm people they have never met and who have no impact on their lives - Blacks, Hispanics, LGBT, vets, women, children. The GOP/Repubs want to enrich the 1% at the expense of the working class.

As long as he can steal from Americans and others, Trump will rubber stamp anything the rabid right of the Repub party wants. That's why he's dangerous.

I am very curious what the answer to this question would be if you asked it in a different country, in which there is actually "tyranny" in action, rather than it being a lame excuse for people...
uneducated people think tyranny is the government kicking down your door b/c you committed a crime you never heard of.

educated people know that getting a fine, that you have to pay or else, is tyranny.

The right is getting ready to vote for tyranny.

No, I don't mean Trump. He has said he doesn't plan to actually serve and will instead, be out 'making America great again' - code for lining his pockets with tax payer money.

The real danger of a Trump presidency is the rabid fundie right wing, anti-America, anti-US Constitution anti-freedom choice for veep, and Duh Donuld's complete absence of core beliefs and/or core policy. Add that to the GOP/Repub's/RWNJs true hatred for certain segments of society and their desire and plan to take freedoms and rights away from those people.

Trump cares about stroking his ego and fleecing people. Pence cares only about getting sharia law enacted in the US. RWNJs want to harm people they have never met and who have no impact on their lives - Blacks, Hispanics, LGBT, vets, women, children. The GOP/Repubs want to enrich the 1% at the expense of the working class.

As long as he can steal from Americans and others, Trump will rubber stamp anything the rabid right of the Repub party wants. That's why he's dangerous.
there is so much irony in this post, I don't know where to start.

Trying to force little girls to go to restrooms with men wearing dresses and pretending to be a female comes to mind immediately

So what are you saying?
That they shouldn't let you in the ladies restroom?
that's funny

well, funny until someone gets hurt

Cross dressing child molester caught in women’s bathroom

oh, it's not funny, b/c it never fucking was

Google

Like he couldnt have get into the ladies bathroom otherwise...

You have a pathetic definition of "tyranny"...
And thats because, you have never seen one...
he would have been spotted immediately.

not that you care if girls are rapped

We've lowered the bar on words such as freedom, tyranny, racism, homophobia, hate, radical, Nazi and many others to the point where they mean very little at this point.

Either the crazies controlling our political conversation need to calm the fuck down or we need to start inventing new words.

Or better yet, raise the bar on education so one isn't so easily influenced by the crazies. Our society is not under tyranny, which by the dictionary is defined as a cruel and oppressive government. That would be places like China, Libya, North Korea, for starters. Those countries don't elect their government officials, they are not allowed to protest when lunatics run for president. They don't have open carry of deadly weapons. They have strict controls on labor and wages.
Do you see what you just admitted to?

Trying to force little girls to go to restrooms with men wearing dresses and pretending to be a female comes to mind immediately

So what are you saying?
That they shouldn't let you in the ladies restroom?
that's funny

well, funny until someone gets hurt

Cross dressing child molester caught in women’s bathroom

oh, it's not funny, b/c it never fucking was

Google

Like he couldnt have get into the ladies bathroom otherwise...

You have a pathetic definition of "tyranny"...
And thats because, you have never seen one...

Exactly right.
so it's ok to allow a rapist rape, but it's not ok to carry a fire arm.

do you see just how evil you 2 are?

What gets me upset is the lies we've heard going back to Vietnam from politicians that resulted in the sacrifice of Americans soldiers. In the past few years I've come to include the treatment by the VA of our veterans in need.

What is tyranny to you?

Is it a policeman threatening to take you to jail for not signing a ticket or giving him or her a dirty look?

We have no one to blame but ourselves. I believe most tyranny is inside of us and manifests in the morning or afternoon when work begins to grind to a halt.

Taking power through force.

We've lowered the bar on words such as freedom, tyranny, racism, homophobia, hate, radical, Nazi and many others to the point where they mean very little at this point. Either the crazies controlling our political conversation need to calm the fuck down or we need to start inventing new words..
Who is this we you speak of frenchie? The terms are tools used by the fascist democrat/liberal propaganda machine....it is they who have lowered the bar on those terms, purposely, because it is they who are those things..... It's propaganda 101.....
So you don't see any hyperbole coming from the Right, I take it?

Your use of the term "fascist" is literal?
Fascist is one of the many terms rooted in the left....

It hit close to home I take it?
I don't know what "fascist is one of the many terms rooted in the Left" means.

I'll ask again: When you use the term "fascist" or "fascism" to describe contemporary America/Americans, are you being literal?

Seems like a pretty straightforward question.
You asked a different question this time....what are you afraid of?

What is tyranny to you?

Taking power through force.

Women do it daily when around men.

Forum List

Back