Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
What is tyranny to you?

Is it a skateboarder hording the sidewalk in front of you?

Is it getting the incorrect change at the drive-thru?

Is it a policeman threatening to take you to jail for not signing a ticket or giving him or her a dirty look?

Is it within yourself when reactions surface?

We have no one to blame but ourselves. I believe most tyranny is inside of us and manifests in the morning or afternoon when work begins to grind to a halt.

Trying to force little girls to go to restrooms with men wearing dresses and pretending to be a female comes to mind immediately

What is tyranny to you?

Is it a skateboarder hording the sidewalk in front of you?

Is it getting the incorrect change at the drive-thru?

Is it a policeman threatening to take you to jail for not signing a ticket or giving him or her a dirty look?

Is it within yourself when reactions surface?

We have no one to blame but ourselves. I believe most tyranny is inside of us and manifests in the morning or afternoon when work begins to grind to a halt.
government by force or coercion.

paying into SS
getting fined for not doing something
getting fined for calling a him a him after he told you to call him 'ze'.
Patriot act
every arms law

on and on

We've lowered the bar on words such as freedom, tyranny, racism, homophobia, hate, radical, Nazi and many others to the point where they mean very little at this point.

Either the crazies controlling our political conversation need to calm the fuck down or we need to start inventing new words.

The soft bigotry of low expectations practiced by democrats against blacks comes to mind.

Tyranny is when the few use power, deceit and force to decide for the many......not to be confused with leadership as is often the case......

I am very curious what the answer to this question would be if you asked it in a different country, in which there is actually "tyranny" in action, rather than it being a lame excuse for people...

Trying to force little girls to go to restrooms with men wearing dresses and pretending to be a female comes to mind immediately

So what are you saying?
That they shouldn't let you in the ladies restroom?
that's funny

well, funny until someone gets hurt

Cross dressing child molester caught in women’s bathroom

oh, it's not funny, b/c it never fucking was

Google

Like he couldnt have get into the ladies bathroom otherwise...

You have a pathetic definition of "tyranny"...
And thats because, you have never seen one...

So what are you saying?
that's funny

Google

They don't care, it's all about the agenda to them.

I am very curious what the answer to this question would be if you asked it in a different country, in which there is actually "tyranny" in action, rather than it being a lame excuse for people...
Bingo.

The worst example I can think of is the way wingers on both ends throw Hitler references around like they're nothing.

What an insult to millions of victims, trivializing the man in that way.

We've lowered the bar on words such as freedom, tyranny, racism, homophobia, hate, radical, Nazi and many others to the point where they mean very little at this point.

Either the crazies controlling our political conversation need to calm the fuck down or we need to start inventing new words.

Or better yet, raise the bar on education so one isn't so easily influenced by the crazies. Our society is not under tyranny, which by the dictionary is defined as a cruel and oppressive government. That would be places like China, Libya, North Korea, for starters. Those countries don't elect their government officials, they are not allowed to protest when lunatics run for president. They don't have open carry of deadly weapons. They have strict controls on labor and wages.

Bingo.

The worst example I can think of is the way wingers on both ends throw Hitler references around like they're nothing.

There used to be a saying if you had to use Hitler to win an argument, that meant you already lost. Americans don't live in a society anything like pre-war Germany. They have absolutely no idea what it would really be like to live under a dictator. None.

There used to be a saying if you had to use Hitler to win an argument, that meant you already lost. Americans don't live in a society anything like pre-war Germany. They have absolutely no idea what it would really be like to live under a dictator. None.
Yep. There's so much hyperbole at play right now from virtually every direction, actual constructive conversation is nearly impossible.

Bingo.

That goes right to the heart of the issue. Tyranny and frustration work hand in hand, and we often need to vent our feelings or what not. Saying "Hitler" or mocking others with a Nazi salute is not reality but just some thing, like Rush in their song described well in their "Limelight" titled song.

We have to do or say something. We ain't going nowhere.

I think the O/P is referring to micro-aggressions, for the most part, with the exception of encountering a police officer threatening to arrest someone for non-compliance. A kid on skateboard on a sidewalk is a pest, not a tyrant.

Talk about someone drinking the Koolaid
The soft bigotry of low expectations practiced by democrats against blacks comes to mind.

Tyranny is when the few use power, deceit and force to decide for the many......not to be confused with leadership as is often the case......

So that must be why only 5% of Blacks polled said they were voting for Mr. Trump.

So what are you saying?
that's funny

Google

Like he couldnt have get into the ladies bathroom otherwise...

You have a pathetic definition of "tyranny"...
And thats because, you have never seen one...

Exactly right.

Who is this we you speak of frenchie? The terms are tools used by the fascist democrat/liberal propaganda machine....it is they who have lowered the bar on those terms, purposely, because it is they who are those things.....

It's propaganda 101.....

Forum List

Back